Not open for further replies.
Last 4 games vs. the Jets:

Pats, 45-3
Jets, 28-21
Pats, 30-21
Pats, 37-16

Average score: Pats 33, Jets 17

Just saying.........

Maybe he tweaked a hamstring or something? Maybe BB wanted him to "finish on a high note"....even tho he checked out in 1st half......he was so wide open on both those catches....was amazed

The team was very patient tonight and it totally paid off.

Hopefully, the offense is back. But where did Ochocinco go? He had a nice couple catches and disappeared into thin air.

Can we always be the underdogs? We play so much better when we are.

Good way to sum up the SNF game.

RkWnH.jpg

This is by Bill Gallo, who was a sports cartoonist for the New York Daily News for fifty years until he died just this past May.
Bill Gallo's Greatest Moments - NY Daily News

Woke up this morning and quickly checked the result, was :eek:

Such a massive win against our rivals just made today a great day!

Meanwhile, the Jets still have to face the Giants (6-3) and the Bills have to face the Cowboys (5-4), besides their divisional matchups.

I predict that the Bills smoke the Cowboys

Impressive win considering the officiating....

I lost track of how many times David Harris had a tackle using the facemask and the refs missed a CLEAR chop block by Mangold on Kyle Love on the Jets TD Drive. HTF do you miss a CHOP BLOCK???

Also, how do they not call the Jets for a 3 man wedge on a kick-off when the 3 players are HOLDING HANDs..

Last edited:
The team was very patient tonight and it totally paid off.

Hopefully, the offense is back. But where did Ochocinco go? He had a nice couple catches and disappeared into thin air.

This was totally on B'OB for Chad's disappearance. The Pats went to the No Huddle and Chad wasn't on the field since it's Welker, Branch, Hernandez, Gronkowski, and Woodhead for the formation.

I was going to ask people here how Tarp/Moore played, it's hard to pay attention to one player during a game. (Besides injuring Mccourty :bricks: )

Tarp and Moore were solid over-all.. No glaring errors other than Moore's hit on McCourty.

True, but Edelman was out there late in the game. Can't believe he would be on the field before Ocho. Hoepfully Ocho can still contribute to the team.

Edelman was out there because he is Welker's back-up and Welker went out for a couple of plays after the hard hit he took.

Last 4 games vs. the Jets:

Pats, 45-3
Jets, 28-21
Pats, 30-21
Pats, 37-16

Average score: Pats 33, Jets 17

Just saying.........

Noticed that. When we win, it's more than 10 tds, when we lose, it's usually less than 7 pts.

I do love the sweep. It has to demoralize them. Let's hope and pray they implode. Go Tebow!!!!

I lost track of how many times David Harris had a tackle using the facemask and the refs missed a CLEAR chop block by Mangold on Kyle Love on the Jets TD Drive. HTF do you miss a CHOP BLOCK???

Also, how do they not call the Jets for a 3 man wedge on a kick-off when the 3 players are HOLDING HANDs..

Yep. I saw at least 3-4 facemasks by the Jets that were not called.
Saw a illegal holding on Woody on ST when the Jets returned it to the 40ish yard line.
Saw their D holding our WR's past 5 yards. Wes was held by Revis few times (twice called). One of their LB's mugged Woody coming out of the backfield.

Things I like:

- First win in that stadium since Week 2 of 2008 (3+ years)

- First sweep of the Jets since 2007 (4 years)

- Rob Ninkovich's 3rd and 4th nationally televised interceptions.

- Rob Gronkowski's Eff-You Spike

Loved all of it. Best exclamation of the night was LT getting smoked by Mayo on that 4th and long completion to end the game. LT's look was priceless.

Loved all of it. Best exclamation of the night was LT getting smoked by Mayo on that 4th and long completion to end the game. LT's look was priceless.

Actually, I prefer the Julian hit on Crying LT. That was priceless.

Yep. I saw at least 3-4 facemasks by the Jets that were not called.
Saw a illegal holding on Woody on ST when the Jets returned it to the 40ish yard line.
Saw their D holding our WR's past 5 yards. Wes was held by Revis few times (twice called). One of their LB's mugged Woody coming out of the backfield.

Meh. Thought the refs let 'em play on both sides, lot of chucking and contact by both teams. And there were a lot of extracurriculars too.

The biggest play Ninko made may have been on ST's. On the punt that McKnight muffed a Jet was trying to recover the ball Ninko blasted him before he could gain possession and kept the ball live for the Pats to recover.

Big hustle play that was a turning point.

The biggest play Ninko made may have been on ST's. On the punt that McKnight muffed a Jet was trying to recover the ball Ninko blasted him before he could gain possession and kept the ball live for the Pats to recover.

Big hustle play that was a turning point.

Saw that. Slater caused a fumble. Drew Coleman appeared to recover it. Ninko comes in, whacks him and causes another fumble and the other Ninko K recovers it.

Basically, Ninko created 2.5 turnovers. :)

I have to say that was unexpected.

A defense featuring Kyle Love, Rob Ninkovich, Tracy White, Jeff Tarpinian, Ross Ventrone, Sterling Moore, Sergio Brown, and Antwaun Molden put up five sacks and two INT's? Shut down the opponent's TE's? Ochocinco delivered a 50+ yard reception?

Very impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore