PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Jets POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite moment of tonights game was when they panned to the sidelines when we were up by 31 or 38 points. Belichick gathered the entire team around him. You could see traces of smiles everywhere. I thought it was beautiful and it really seems like this infux of youth is exactly what we needed. Belichick has taken these young kids under his wing and he seems to be enjoying every bit of it.

Wow, Mark Sanchez just said that on the first interception, they got the play going the way they wanted. They got Spikes to bite on the play fake, and he threw it too flat to a wide open Braylon Edwards.

My God, this guy is more lost than I thought he was.

He's a quarterback who struggles at reading defenses, is very erratic with his accuracy, and frequently wets himself when the pressure's on.

He still sucks, to this point in his career. But people had been looking at his fast/fortunate start and ignore what he's done since the Jets had the bye, so they thought he was turning into the bees knees. This game was a reality check for them.

Last edited:
Gronkandez: 65 Receptions, 835 Yards, 10 TDs

I heard that too. He's gonna feel pretty dumb when he watches the tape and sees his guy was triple covered.

Edwards (who was the receiver, not Holmes per Tirico) was Triple Covered. And that didn't include Spikes, who I am certain that Sanchez didn't see until after the fact.

Wow, Mark Sanchez just said that on the first interception, they got the play going the way they wanted. They got Spikes to bite on the play fake, and he threw it too flat to a wide open Braylon Edwards.

My God, this guy is more lost than I thought he was.

The video is available as a highlight on NFL.com. Sanchez will be able to compare notes with the entire country.

Does anybody know what Zoltan Mesko is like as a guy?

In just seeing him around the game tonight, I saw him with a big celebration after he tackled Holmes on a punt return that eventually got called back,
and he "celebrated" with a ref after holding an extra point attempt for Graham.

He kind of went up and hugged and tapped the ref on the head like he was a fellow patriot on the extra point team. haha

I just noticed that and i thought it was funny and didn't know if he had a little history of being funny or anything. I really like him as a punter also, :)

Does anybody know what Zoltan Mesko is like as a guy?

In just seeing him around the game tonight, I saw him with a big celebration after he tackled Holmes on a punt return that eventually got called back,
and he "celebrated" with a ref after holding an extra point attempt for Graham.

He kind of went up and hugged and tapped the ref on the head like he was a fellow patriot on the extra point team. haha

I just noticed that and i thought it was funny and didn't know if he had a little history of being funny or anything. I really like him as a punter also, :)

The culture is simply different in his home country.

YouTube - Steve Martin's best show ever

Great win by the Patriots today!

I loved the Pats running up the score too, showing the Jets that statements are made on the field, not in the media.

Also, am I the only one who thinks Tom Brady definitely deserves the MVP now? Look at his receivers... he makes them all 10x better than they are. Just look at Deion Branch. I love the guy, but what did he do in Seattle? Now, what has he done with Tom Brady? Brady is the leader of this young team, and he has lead them to a 10-2 record and en route the #1 seed in the AFC. Keep in mind that this was a team that nobody thought would be anything special this year. This is probably his best masterpiece of his career.. and yes.. I know about 2007.

The new york Jets will not win the superbowl.

they barely won against weak teams before they played the patriots, and on MNF, the patriots made a statement to the rest of the league, by laying a beat down on them.

A really good offense can score on them, and a Sanchize led offense cant get it done.

Last edited:
I couldn't sleep properly because of the game, and by 3.30am I was lying following it on my phone :)

Great result, watch the highlights online and looked like a great game for all :)

And McCourty's pick was what we have come to expect :)

Need to get hold of the full game!

It's rough, but I'll call it a placeholder until I can do better.

temp32060608946.gif
:rofl: Just looking through the pictures of the game and Sanders also did the airplane after his interception. I don't think ESPN showed it though.

sanders.jpg

New England Patriots - Photos - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

What an unbelievable game. :rocker::rocker:

Terrific win! Guessed a 10 to 14 pt win before the game but was thrilled to be so far off on the margin of victory. That felt really good.
Love Devin McCourty's "airplane" after his INT. How'd that taste Santonio?? :D

O.K. I lied.

I said I wasn't going to watch the game out of deference to my heart and nerves, but that game was downright therapeutic. I'm cured!!! I turned it on about 9pm and became transfixed by the expertise, both offensive and defensive of the NEP and followed it straight through to the 5th Quarter.

I think that all those folks claiming that the offense is better without Moss have been validated.

All those folks claiming the defense is improving from week to week and is loaded with playmakers have been validated.

Anyone claiming that the new NFL has passed BB by has been exposed.

Anyone claiming that the Sanchise has become an elite quarterback has been exposed.

Anyone not acknowledging TFB is the MVP hasn't been watching football,
and as far as coaching is concerned, BB is the GOAT!!!

WHAT A GAME!!!

That was a fun night. I could have stayed up until dawn watching that.

Gotta give it up to Bill O'Brien haven't heard his name much tonight but this offense is on a roll. Getting everyone involved, so many different looks out there and staying unpredictable. This offense is going to be very hard to stop barring too many injuries.

I particularly liked the 4th down touchdown to Branch. Such a great design by the coaching staff (Belichik and Scarnechia included, I'm sure) and adjustment by Brady.

Three receivers (Gronk, Hernandez, Welker) right, Branch left, Woodhead motions left to an empty backfield set. Brady identified the coming blitz, adjusted to a max protect (with an empty backfield mind you) and everybody blocked down left, including the three-receiver bunch on the right. Woodhead clears-out for Branch, who becomes the only option on a fourth-down play. This offense is looking really good right now. The way Brady moved around the pocket with purpose last night was a world of difference from how he looked week 2. Much of that goes to pass protection, but it also shows the confidence Brady has in his receiving corps to be in the right place. Amazing offensive performance last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back