PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Jets POST Game Thread

I think that one of Demos' favorite movies is Reality Bites.

It has to be because he has now spent nearly 24 hours on the intent and the actual tackle on the last play of a game despite all of the video showing that Mangold intentionally going after his knees while Talib was CLEARLY going out of bounds and using his left shoulder to take out Talib's left knee.

First Demos makes claims that this is all about intent. Now, it is about the fact that Talib was still in the field of play.

I cannot wait for the next rationalization that he has.

No, the video DOES NOT clearly shows Mangold intentionally going after his knees. That you are stupid enough to think that it does is the problem here.

I have broken the video down frame by frame and showed you were Talib was CLEARLY IN BOUNDS when Mangold lowered himself to go in for the tackle. I showed you that Mangold was clearly going for Talib's thighs as the pictures demonstrate. I have explained to you that after Talib MOVED AWAY from a lunging Mangold, GRAVITY did it's thing and brought Mangold down towards the ground.

I can't help it that you are too ignorant to understand the physics involved in the play. I can't help it that you are too ignorant to understand something even when it's been spoon fed to you.

No, it doesn't. It shows just the opposite.

Really ?

13.gif

You sure about that Deus ? The picture above shows Talib STILL inbounds and it also shows Mangold ALREADY in the act of trying to tackle him.

Seriously, look at that picture and tell us what happens if Talib doesn't move away from Mangold. I'll save you the trouble. What happens is that Mangold would have hit him squarely at waist/upper thigh level.

Would it have been physically possible for Mangold to be below Talib's knees when he started? So now we know that no hit is dirty if a tackler starts above the knee. Got it.

You must be from Belichick010405's school of thought where everything is black and white. Yes, it IS physically possible for Mangold to have been below Talib's knees when Mangold started his tackle if Talib was hurtling him.

Now, that we got that stupidity out of the way, the fact remains that Mangold was not aiming at Talib's knees, contrary Belichick010405's claims.

Well, there are likely things Belichick was saying and there are unlikely things. If you want to assume the unlikely, that is you prerogative. Personally, I'll stick with Occam's razor and the general direction of the information we do have at our disposal. With Belichick you always have to read between the lines because he is not going to disclose anything. We all know that. And, if you require 100% proof of everything in life, you are going to have a bad time.

GMAFB. So now you are a mind-reader and know wtf BB was thinking? I have news for you. If the guy he was saying it to couldn't understand BB, then you sure as hell couldn't. As for your "Occam's Razor" BS, you don't have ANY information at all about what BB said.

What we DO know is that BB has YELLED at his own players for NOT going down immediately after making interceptions in situations EXACTLY like that one. And he's been THAT animated about it. So, for all we know, BB could have been pissed off at Talib.

So what is more likely? That BB was yelling at Talib who was right there or yelling at an opposing player? Occam's razor actually says it would be TALIB.

Do I require 100% proof of everything in life? No. But I do require some modicum of proof when someone like yourself makes up TOTAL BS like you have done in your initial and follow-up responses.

You calling me a drunk? WTF is YOUR problem, you goddamned windbag? First off, I don't drink or abuse legal or illegal substances. I admit I was still amped on adenalin after the game.

For the love of god. There you go again. Making asinine claims about what was said. You really need to take your head out of your arse and just READ what is said instead of thinking there is some underlying meaning. You only look like a damned fool otherwise.

I said you should not post when you're buzzed. You clearly were buzzed when you made your post last might. But since you want to continue to be a jackarse, I'm fine with that. I've handled people like you who can't read what is actually posted and go off on some illogical BS rant..You did so last night and are doing so again.

You are so ridiculous in your defense of your observation it begs the question are YOU intravenously connected to liquid LSD or what? Frame by frame proves it?????REAL TIME proves it...look at the clip ...he dives at the back of his legs at the knees and ROLLS backwards deliberately trying to injure him.LOOK at the clip...he hits Talib and using one of YOUR split seconds, the ref THROWS THE FLAG...what for...shyts and giggles??

No, Joe, YOU are the one being so F'in ridiculous. You didn't bother to read what I said last night about the hit or about YOU. But that is par for the course. You get your panties in a wad (like you've done with Deus on numerous occasions) and you start making up garbage that just wasn't said.

No. Real time DOESN'T prove it. The frame by frame DOES prove it because you can see EXACTLY when Mangold left his feet and EXACTLY where Talib was when Mangold left his feet. You CAN'T see that in real time.

The flag was for the hit being out of bounds. NOT for a hit below the knees or intent to injure. As I said last night and you so ignorantly ignored, I said it was a LATE HIT, but not with intent to injure. I never said it was a CLEAN hit. That was YOU making garbage up. YOU.

I know this is YOU going on one of your "I'm always right!!!" jihads. Have at it. Stop making personal references you have dreamt up affixed to me. First off, you don't KNOW me and second off you haven't LIVED long enough to ever call me a drunk.

YOU are the person going on the jihad here. All because you didn't read what was actually written in either of my posts and decided over-react like a moron.

1) I never said it was a CLEAN hit. I said it was a LATE HIT without the intent to injure.

2) I said you were BUZZED. Buzzed does NOT equal drunk.

I'll make personal references about your style of over-reactionary posting if it affects me. In this case it did. YOU are the one in the wrong, JOKER. Not me.

The video shows that Talib had clearly jumped out of bound before Mangold left his feet. Seriously, stop digging.

You're wrong Deus. The video clearly shows that Talib was inbounds. The frame by frame of the video PROVES it. Like Joker and Belichick010405, you just can't accept it.

No, it doesn't. It shows just the opposite.

You clearly are look at different video. Or are just being contrary to be contrary.

The fact is that Talib was still inbounds when Mangold started his tackle. Denying it only proves how much of a homer you truly are.

What we DO know is that BB has YELLED at his own players for NOT going down immediately after making interceptions in situations EXACTLY like that one.

Except, ya know, he didn't in this situation. In this situation, Mangold even admitted in a report that Belichick was screaming at him. Why? Because it was a dirty hit. That was pretty obvious to anyone watching the game, save maybe Mr. Magoo.

Re: Re: The Official Patriots vs Jets POST Game Thread

Except, ya know, he didn't in this situation. In this situation, Mangold even admitted in a report that Belichick was screaming at him. Why? Because it was a dirty hit. That was pretty obvious to anyone watching the game, save maybe Mr. Magoo.

I'd wager that Belichick was pissed about the hit and at the time, he probably thought it was a cheap shot because when you look at it in "real time", that is how it looks.

Kontradiction - Except, you know, Mangold couldn't tell what BB was saying so he couldn't really know if BB was ticked for the hit being late (OOBs) or Low.

Anyone watching the game who isn't a flaming homer knows that it was a hit out of bounds. That doesn't make it DIRTY. DIRTY would have been an intent to injure which it was clear it wasn't.

What IS clear as day that, had Talib not spun away, Mangold would have hit Talib in the THIGH area with his shoulder and made a near text-book tackle. It was the spinning away after Mangold had left his feet that put enough distance for Mangold to drop a few inches and to hit Talib in the back of the knees and for Talib to be OOBs. That is why it was a late hit. That is why Mangold will be fined. And no, I am not saying that it was Talib's fault that Mangold hit him in the knees.

Here is reality. Had Talib gone down the way he's supposed to in that situation, we never get to that point. BB has gone off on players including veterans like Rodney Harrison for not doing so. So, Occam's razor says that BB was already pissed before the hit OOBs takes place. So, I could easily see him yelling at Mangold because he's already angry at Talib and the hit OOBs just makes it worse.

In-bounds or not, he was clearly on his way out of bounds and with that in mind any player with half an ounce of responsibility and intelligence wouldn't have left their feet. Indeed any player with an iota of intelligence wouldn't have left their feet anyway to push him out of bounds, especially with 40 seconds of the game left or whatever there was.

Add that up and there can be no argument that Mangold's hit was late and intentionally low.

I hope the League hand down the maximum possible fine on his fat ass.

Oh, and just to add, it's only a few days since the dirtiest player in the league was flagged for exactly what Mangold did - and the story has been all over the news since. Mangold's a moron for being caught doing the same thing.

I'll remind you of the NFL's ruling on it:

Rule 12, Section 2, Article 5 (a), which prohibits blocks below the waist by players of either team after a change of possession,"

Oh, and just to add, it's only a few days since the dirtiest player in the league was flagged for exactly what Mangold did - and the story has been all over the news since. Mangold's a moron for being caught doing the same thing.

I'll remind you of the NFL's ruling on it:

That was more in the way of a tackle than a block, seeing as how Talib had possession of the ball and all.

You must be from Belichick010405's school of thought where everything is black and white. Yes, it IS physically possible for Mangold to have been below Talib's knees when Mangold started his tackle if Talib was hurtling him.

Now, that we got that stupidity out of the way, the fact remains that Mangold was not aiming at Talib's knees, contrary Belichick010405's claims.

Boy, you really have become an a-hole. I guess you didn't understand that I was referring to their positions on this actual play. But I will concede that Mangold could be below Talib's knees if Talib was hurdling, on a ladder, in a plane ... you know, lots of stuff that has nothing to do with the actual play in question.

You think he wasn't aiming at his knees, other people think he was. Your pathetic attempt to CSI it from a still doesn't change the fact that the only person who knows is Mangold.

Remember this cheap shot on Kiwanuka?

I could take a still of the tackler starting his tackle from a standing position. By your logic, (and, of course, with your ability to read minds) he "clearly" didn't mean to go for the knees.

Mangold should have plenty of practice tackling after INTs. Hes been working with the best in the business at throwing them.

Through 2 games G-NO is worst than the Sanchize was in his debut.

The G ......... - 73 att - 39 comp - 53.4 comp% - 1td - 4int - 9 sacks
The Sanchise - 53 att - 32 comp - 60.0 comp% - 2td - 1int - 2 sacks

Kontradiction - Except, you know, Mangold couldn't tell what BB was saying so he couldn't really know if BB was ticked for the hit being late (OOBs) or Low.

Between that, the ensuing fight, and the discussion afterward, it's pretty safe to assume its because it was dirty.

Anyone watching the game who isn't a flaming homer knows that it was a hit out of bounds. That doesn't make it DIRTY. DIRTY would have been an intent to injure which it was clear it wasn't.

Yeah. That's what I am. A flaming homer. :bricks:

The intent to injure is always there when you're aiming for the knee.

What IS clear as day that, had Talib not spun away, Mangold would have hit Talib in the THIGH area with his shoulder and made a near text-book tackle. It was the spinning away after Mangold had left his feet that put enough distance for Mangold to drop a few inches and to hit Talib in the back of the knees and for Talib to be OOBs. That is why it was a late hit. That is why Mangold will be fined. And no, I am not saying that it was Talib's fault that Mangold hit him in the knees.

In what world does spinning transport your hip almost a foot lower? Or your knee almost a foot higher? Come on man, you're reaching very hard right now. Look where the hip is and look knee is. Better yet, watch the play. If Mangold wanted to hit the hip, it would have been hard to **** up badly enough to actually hit the knee.

Here is reality. Had Talib gone down the way he's supposed to in that situation, we never get to that point. BB has gone off on players including veterans like Rodney Harrison for not doing so. So, Occam's razor says that BB was already pissed before the hit OOBs takes place. So, I could easily see him yelling at Mangold because he's already angry at Talib and the hit OOBs just makes it worse.

BB didn't go off on Talib. He screamed at Mangold. So your point fails on pretty much every front, yet you keep going out of some misplaced crusade to be right every single time.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back