PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Bengals Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish our special teams could give us a spark once in a while. For years, our special teams has been high school caliber

go away

Agreed.

This is a very interesting game - two excellent defenses staying very focused. I am impressed with the work of the rookies in Vince Wilfork's absence, and the linebackers stepping up in the run defense.

...and a good look at the Patriots without Gronkowski, Ridley, and Vereen against a very good front seven.

It's unfortunate that when we finally see a championship calibre defense it comes paired with a putrid offense.

That Saints game next week.... :eek:

I'm worried more about that game than the Broncos game to be honest.

I wish our special teams could give us a spark once in a while. For years, our special teams has been high school caliber

This is the biggest bunch of garbage I've ever heard. We've got the best Punt Returner in NHL History there. Now, if you are talking about just kick returns, I'll give you that. But the Pats kick coverage and punt coverage has been pretty damn good..

He will not magically fix it, but I do not think Denver will blow out the pats by 4 touchdowns.

The Broncos do not have that great of a defense and the pats defense seems to be legit.
I'm pretty sure we will have a Patriots vs Bronco's game thread when that game is played.

The only game played today is against the Bengals.:eek:

Nice to see, that the ragdolls, which have wearing #77 and #70 were replaced by the original players.

Mayo make a heck of a game.

Say what?? You make no sense.

Gotta love game day threads. Posts like these remind me why posting in these threads are as enjoyable as hammering a nail into your temple.
I prefer getting my fingernails ripped off with pliers. It won't kill you and you're limited to 10 (or 20 if you want to include toe nails).

Nails to the head can be lethal.

So....that awkward moment when a Big Vince loss really doesn't matter?

If ever second half adjustments were in order, this is it. When you let the defense waltz in twice, you've been outcoached. I had to laugh when people criticized Solder for picking up the inside rusher. That's all you can do.

As good looking as the Cinci defense has looked, I don't think they've been playing 12 or 13 guys all half, so there are adjustments to take advantage of what they've been leaving us. Probably, they need to go long, despite our lack of options. In a 3-3 game, it won't take much to change things, but big props to the Cinci defense, they're taking chances and taking us out of what we want to do.

I'm starting to trust Gost again! Hope it doesn't bit me. ;)

I think the announcers didn't realize why Lewis was upset -- Gost kicked the ball well after the time out was called. I think if deemed intention, the refs have the option to call a delay of game, right? Wasn't that a recent rule change, or just one that was discussed.

It's unfortunate that when we finally see a championship calibre defense it comes paired with a putrid offense.

It's week five, calm down. The offense still may not be elite even down the road, but it will certainly better.

Folks gotta stop whining about style points and gotta get used to this brand of struggle defensive football. I love it!

Even when the O is struggling mightily the defense has kept them very much in the game. How often could we as fans say that in past seasons?

3-3 at halftime. I'll take it, given the circumstances. The team that makes the best halftime adjustments will be the one that wins this game. I like the Patriots' in that regard.

Let's GO!!

The pats usually won games like this when they were winning championships.

With the Air Brady show and all those great regular season stats: 0 championships

That Saints game next week.... :eek:

I'm worried more about that game than the Broncos game to be honest.

why? it's a non-conf. game .. What's the big deal?

Christ. Anyone who thinks that Gronk is magically fixing this mess is delusional. Denver is going to blow us off the field by 4 touchdowns. Brady looks like Blaine Gabbert right now.

:rolleyes:

So real head-scratching calls by McDaniels in the 1st half.

Pats clearly had some miscommunications on the two Sacks of Brady..

Hope that Belichick doesn't bench Blount for the fumble.

Bolden picked up his game after the drop.

Amendola with some nice catches..

Pats need to do more with Dobson, Thompkins, Amendola and Edelman, though Thompkins REALLY needs to start catching the ball with his hands and not with his body..

One could say that hammering a nail into your head is more enjoyable than watching this offense :)

Wow, we are 4-0 and the sky is falling.. Gronk not playing, danny rusty, ridley out, vareen out, rookie wr s. Team is doing pretty good. Come November, team should be healthy and running on all cylinders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes