PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Bengals Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jon Kraft just said on the pregame show ... "We looked into hiring Marvin before BB." .. Imagine that .. :mad:

5-0 coming up!

Let 'em ball out, today! No more major injuries and a W is a great way to spend my Sunday!

LEGGO!!!!~!

Jon Kraft just said on the pregame show ... "We looked into hiring Marvin before BB." .. Imagine that .. :mad:

We could've done a lot worse than Lewis. Like him or not, Marvin has a .500 record for the Bengals, which is pretty miraculous since they've never gotten a good QB and his owner is the stingiest in all of pro sports.

Marino and Sharpe getting flustered as Boomer says Brady has been more impressive than Manning.

How can you tell when Sharpe is flustered? I mean, does his speech get even harder to understand or something?

Marino and Sharpe getting flustered as Boomer says Brady has been more impressive than Manning.

Sharpe cracks me up on Twitter... he loves talking smack to Tebow supporters...

Lewis is no BB but he is a good coach. The Pats could have done a lot worse...

Lewis is no BB but he is a good coach. The Pats could have done a lot worse...

zero playoff wins in like 10 years.

Shannon Sharpe's marble-mouth is as hard to decipher as Egyptian hieroglyphs.

Can anyone tell me what that windbag is talking about?

Thank God they went with BB, because Lewis is a horrible head coach.

To be fair, Manning has been more impressive than Brady this year. But the argument is apples and oranges since Manning has an absurd supporting cast.

Shannon Sharpe said a couple just blatantly wrong things though. Like he said that what we're seeing with Brady, Manning has done that before. He said there was a transition to 'no-names' for Manning too. Except the transition was from Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne to... Reggie Wayne (borderline HOF), Dallas Clark (best receiving TE in the league for awhile), and Austin Collie (1st rounder). Not some undrafted rookies.

But the real thing that pissed me off was their tight end rankings. Guys like Antonio Gates and Julius Thomas who can't block at all over Jason Witten, who's the second best blocking TE in the league after Gronk and is having another productive Jason Witten-like year. But Jason Witten isn't a former basketball player and therefore can't be a top 5 TE.

How can you tell when Sharpe is flustered? I mean, does his speech get even harder to understand or something?
SNL had a pretty dead on representation of him last night:D

To be fair, Manning has been more impressive than Brady this year. But the argument is apples and oranges since Manning has an absurd supporting cast.

Shannon Sharpe said a couple just blatantly wrong things though. Like he said that what we're seeing with Brady, Manning has done that before. He said there was a transition to 'no-names' for Manning too. Except the transition was from Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne to... Reggie Wayne (borderline HOF), Dallas Clark (best receiving TE in the league for awhile), and Austin Collie (1st rounder). Not some undrafted rookies.

But the real thing that pissed me off was their tight end rankings. Guys like Antonio Gates and Julius Thomas who can't block at all over Jason Witten, who's the second best blocking TE in the league after Gronk and is having another productive Jason Witten-like year. But Jason Witten isn't a former basketball player and therefore can't be a top 5 TE.

That comment was laughable. Don't forget Pierre Garcon who has proven to be a pretty good WR on the Redskins.

Peyton's never had a "transition" with a new, weak cast. Brady has had two major ones. (2006, 2013)

Back to football; without Johnson and Hall, I can see Brady shredding these guys. Only the rain might be the biggest issue.

zero playoff wins in like 10 years.

The one time he had a good QB (Carson Palmer), Kimo von Oelhofen (sp?) came in and ruined their chances with one low blow.

Again, not advocating that Lewis is great, but he's done a lot better than most would with that org structure.

Who is Alex Smiff?

Looks like the bad weather might break just long enough for the game:

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 47s
Sun is peaking through the clouds now. Rain storms are coming at some point, but latest forecast says not until 5-6 pm

On another note: man, I wish the SEA-IND game was at 4.

I expect to loads of 3 and 4 WR-sets today. Until that secondary can prove they can stop Tom and his weapons, I'd just pass on them all day long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back