PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots Draft thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
brace is insurance for wilfork and seymour next yr

Love the Darius Butler pick.

Brace! They said he's a NT type? That's good,get him in.

And Butler!! :D

C'mon, BB, use some of those d**n thirds and get Barwin! :mad:

all defense so far. i guess we get a WR somewhere next

Patriots paid more to go up 6 spots in the 2nd than the Ravens paid to go up 3 spots in the first.

Patriots paid more to go up 6 spots in the 2nd than the Ravens paid to go up 3 spots in the first.

All that means is that the Patriots don't think particularly highly of the first-round talent in this draft.

One could also intimate that they feel pretty confident in the state of the LB corps.

Very interesting that the Patriots reach to back up Wilfork, with potentially higher-value Seymour back-ups still available.

keys of Chung
1) Team captain and emotional leader. Shows maturity and is a driven individual
2) Chung has not missed playing time due to an injury throughout collegiate career

could be a move to the 4-3 defense with the brace pick? if they don't pick a LB with the 58 then they must feel safe with the lb corp

Still nothing at OLB, which I felt was our biggest need. I like our picks so far though, although I don't think Ron Brace can be fully evaluated until he's out from the shadow of B.J. Raji.

I'm now desperately hoping that we go OLB at #58. Connor Barwin is the best one left.

Think the theory of value grouping is in play here for the pats?

Chung - picked just after Delmas
Brace - big drop off after Brace for 3-4 NTs
Butler - drop off at CB with Jenkins, Davis and A. Smith of the board

Why reach at OLB with so many still on the board -

E. Brown
C. Barwin
C. Sintim

I think Jason Taylor is in the fold for the Pats in 2009, but would not be surprised to see the Pats trade in to get one of these guys once the other two are off the board.

Knowing the history of this team and second round picks, this draft is interesting, hoping for the best though.

I'm guessing that the Ron Brace pick also gives Bill more flexibility to run a 4-3 when he wants to. In recent years the Pats have used it, but nothing much more than a mild flirtation. With Brace and Wilfork in the middle like a Vikings defense, Bill could go 4-3 for a play, a series, or a half. While I'm not suggesting that the Pats are going to go away from the 3-4 as their bread and butter defense, I think that this pick gives them more ability to do that when Bill wants to.

It also gives them a GREAT Elephant package for the goalline. :D

I was really hoping for Rey Maualuga to be picked, was looking for him at the 34th pick and disappointed that didn't happen. Haven't heard too much about Chung so I'm not impressed with that pick.

Ron Brace looks like insurance for Wilfork and Seymour, he might be good on goaline situations or short yardage situations to stop the run but apart from that, I don't know where to see him.

Am delighted the team managed to get Darius Butler, he was one in the draft I was hoping to get when he wasn't being selected.

I still wish Rey Maualuga was picked to form an inside linebacker partnership with Mayo though.

All that means is that the Patriots don't think particularly highly of the first-round talent in this draft.

One could also intimate that they feel pretty confident in the state of the LB corps.

No, it means they gave up more than another team did to get less. Not a big deal, but you can admit it.

Well, there goes Everette Brown.
I thought he would be a great addition.
However, the Patriots passed on him five times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes