PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official 2015 NFL Draft Rounds 2-3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Espn just cut out to commercial again, no mention of a trade, anyone have any info?

Dgb gone their goes my binky

I think it's the opposite. They're an under the radar team who are under more pressure to win than pick choir boys. Exactly the sort of place he can go and not be pelted with questions about beating the **** out of women.

Plus now they've got a big WR and a new QB, Titans fans are obviously gonna be pumped for this season which is probably more important to that front office than anything.

Its not a 'choir boy' issue - its a lack of top level coaching issue. DGB is going to have learn how to run routes in the NFL - he's also going to be playing with quite an unconventional QB.

LOL stupid trade up for Panthers. Good chance Funchess would've been there if they just stayed

It is impressive, but that doesn't justify him being a high second round pick. I still would be worried about him as a receiver based on what they say about him.

The low first round to mid second round is where I expected him to go, so that aspect wasn't too surprising to me, personally.

As mentioned, his speed and deep ball tracking ability are second to none. @manxman2601 actually said that he had never seen a college player with that kind of deep ball ability, which I agree with.

He'll need to polish up his route running ability unless they're planning on having him run "9" routes every play though ;)

Its not a 'choir boy' issue - its a lack of top level coaching issue. DGB is going to have learn how to run routes in the NFL - he's also going to be playing with quite an unconventional QB.

If he goes to a big market team, especially a north eastern team, I think he'd be under a different type of microscope because sports media in those regions tends towards tabloid reporting, imo.

On the field I frankly don't know enough about those coaches to know if he's in a good spot or not.

Cam Newton is so terrible he needs 6'5 WRs so he doesn't overthrow them

Atlanta better wrap up this series.

Apparently Scheffer reported that Randy Gregory missed three meetings with teams pre-draft. Is it possible he goes underrated? Or at least last until day three?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST