PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official 2015 NFL Draft Rounds 2-3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The run on CBs has not started, but will very shortly tonight. The Patriots will have to trade up or be bridesmaids.

BTW, Darby sucks; he is a workout warrior who cannot cover and he is a big buddy of Winston's. I would not be happy with him as a pick. I am also not so keen on Jalen Collins also or Quentin Rollins. PJ Williams is next on my board for CBs, DUI and all. Then maybe Gaines.

Darby's issue is toughness, not coverage. You must have him confused with someone else.

Rowe is the safest and the guy I want the most but I think he will be gone very early... I think Collins has the highest potential upside but could easily bust.

I think PJ Williams is a great target.

Also I know people here want a RB. Would anyone here trade a 6th or 7th for Zac Stacy from the Rams?

Personally I would not cause he fell off hard last year but he has potential.

I would do that IN A SECOND!

Stacy in his rookie year didn't start until about midway through the year, and from that point he was averaging something crazy like 6 ypc..

He's built really well, and he only fell off last year because the Rams drafted Tre Mason in the 2nd round and used him as their bell cow back.. they brought Cunningham in on 3rd down so Stacy just never saw the field

Randy Gregory. London Collins. Tevin Coleman. David Johnson. Ali Marpet. Tre Jackson. AJ Cann. Jalen Collins. Eric Rowe.

All of these guys interest me.

I watch a lot of the Rams thanks to a good friend who's a Rams fan. Stacy's downright putrid and shouldn't be in the NFL. He was one of the least efficient runners in the league his rookie year, when he got high volume, and he was even worse last year. I wouldn't touch the guy with a 10 foot pole. If you're going to offer a late rounder for a Rams running back to contribute, look at Benny Cunningham. He can return kicks, catch the ball, and pass protect. He reminds me of (a poor man's) Kevin Faulk. He'd immediately be the best 3rd down back on the team.

Not sure where you're getting that information from, but the exact opposite is true..

Stacy helped me win a fantasy superbowl and $600, which is why I was paying attention to him all year. ..

The moment be started, he lead ALL RBs in the league in ypc... starting around week 8 or so. That includes ALL rbs, like adrian peterson, Marshawn lynch, Demarco murray, Jamaal Charles etc..

He was the definition of efficiency and it was a total mystery why he was phased out in his 2nd year for the rookie Tre mason.

And keep in mind he produced those averages in a TOUGH division against defenses like Seattle, Arizona and San Fran.

Doesn't belong in the NFL? Your friend is smoking crack if he believes that

Ameer Abdullah
David Johnson
Duke Johnson
Ali Marpet
AJ Cann
Marcus Hardison
Tre McBride
Owamagbe Odighizuwa
TJ Clemmings
Jake Fisher
Steven Nelson

If we come away with any of these today then I'll be happy.

Not sure where you're getting that information from, but the exact opposite is true..

Stacy helped me win a fantasy superbowl and $600, which is why I was paying attention to him all year. ..

The moment be started, he lead ALL RBs in the league in ypc... starting around week 8 or so. That includes ALL rbs, like adrian peterson, Marshawn lynch, Demarco murray, Jamaal Charles etc..

He was the definition of efficiency and it was a total mystery why he was phased out in his 2nd year for the rookie Tre mason.

And keep in mind he produced those averages in a TOUGH division against defenses like Seattle, Arizona and San Fran.

Doesn't belong in the NFL? Your friend is smoking crack if he believes that

I watched every single Rams game the last two seasons. Stacy was a good fantasy player in 2013 simply because the Rams had no one else, but a bad NFL player. He's a plodding back who doesn't get into holes and his hands are terrible. There's a reason Fisher looked to replace him as soon as he possibly could. His replacement, Tre Mason, averaged 4.3 ypc in 2014 compared to Stacy's 3.9 ypc.

I'm also not even sure we're talking about the same player. He also averaged 3.9 ypc in 2013, so I'm not really sure where you're pulling that "led all RBs" factoid from. He only averaged over 4.0 ypc in 2 games after week 8 in the 2013 season; in fact, he was much worse after week 8 than before week 8.

I wouldn't be surprised if LB Paul Dawson is one of the people on the Pats' board in the 3rd round.

I pretty much agree with what Off The Grid wrote in his review, http://www.fanaticalyankee.com/2015-nfl-draft-scouting-reports/category/paul-dawson .

Still, "Brandon Spikes Lite" displays pretty good instincts and has had a private workout with us. So if BB selects him, then he's pretty sure that he won't be a disruption (especially with Mayo and Hightower in the locker room) and would bring much needed depth to our LB group.

Right now, the Pats have:

Corners:
Ryan
Dennard
Butler
Arrington
Fletcher
Chekwa
McClain
Swanson
Greene

Safeties
McCourty
Chung
Harmon
Wilson
Ebner

Where do any of the DBs left fit into that group? Asking seriously.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 5m5 minutes ago
Titans entertaining offers for top pick in 2nd round, No. 33. Top teams in round 2 all taking calls. One team interested in coming up: PITT.

The new Washington Redskins GM definitely wants to trade down at 38 to acquire multiple picks for the rest of this draft. After things get rolling tonight, he will be someone who would trade with BB for the right currency. There could still be a targeted fallen first rounder that the Pats like there that will be gone quickly after. BB might even trade back from there to target Cann or someone else they covet within the next 10 picks after. 62 and 96 for 38? 38 for 45-50 plus a 3rd or 4th rounder? Tonight will be much more interesting than last night where only the last 5 picks or so of the first round were worth watching for Pats fans.

Right now, the Pats have:

Corners:
Ryan
Dennard
Butler
Arrington
Fletcher
Chekwa
McClain
Swanson
Greene

Safeties
McCourty
Chung
Harmon
Wilson
Ebner

Where do any of the DBs left fit into that group? Asking seriously.

The bolded are the DB's which I don't think a draft pick, like Rowe, could automatically leapfrog. Ryan and Chung are iffy. Ryan because, while he hasn't exactly been solid as a CB, he could be moved to safety and showcase some competence back there. Chung because, as a box safety, he's somewhat solid but should never be relied upon to play deep. So, as you can see, there's actually quite a bit of room for improvement back there.

Do you think Collins, Darby, Williams, or Rowe would last until 64? After those four, you are getting into some sketchy CBs (Rollins, Smith, Shaw).

Barring a trade up, I think CB has sailed. We could still trade up for one of those four guys. I'd rather a high level guard, one of the LBs, or WRs over the tier 3 CBs.

If youre right about CBs then the Pats are screwed.

Dennard had problems last season. Ryan had issues, Arrington isn't getting younger and is inconsistent. Butler could be working along side SB42 hero David Tyree next year.

The new Washington Redskins GM definitely wants to trade down at 38 to acquire multiple picks for the rest of this draft. After things get rolling tonight, he will be someone who would trade with BB for the right currency. There could still be a targeted fallen first rounder that the Pats like there that will be gone quickly after. BB might even trade back from there to target Cann or someone else they covet within the next 10 picks after. 62 and 96 for 38? 38 for 45-50 plus a 3rd or 4th rounder? Tonight will be much more interesting than last night where only the last 5 picks or so of the first round were worth watching for Pats fans.

Based on points (and assuming I didn't miscount), the Patriots would have to give up 64, 96 and 101 to get that Redskins pick. I don't see BB doing that in this draft.

The run on CBs has not started, but will very shortly tonight. The Patriots will have to trade up or be bridesmaids.

BTW, Darby sucks; he is a workout warrior who cannot cover and he is a big buddy of Winston's. I would not be happy with him as a pick. I am also not so keen on Jalen Collins also or Quentin Rollins. PJ Williams is next on my board for CBs, DUI and all. Then maybe Gaines.

CB and NT are must picks for NE.

OL too, but can be had later.

Based on points (and assuming I didn't miscount), the Patriots would have to give up 64, 96 and 101 to get that Redskins pick. I don't see BB doing that in this draft.
I'd like a more modest move like pick 64 and 101 to get up to the middle of the round. By this
time some teams are starting to make picks all over the board and overlook good players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back