PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official 2015 NFL Draft Rounds 2-3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be plenty of good players at 64... and at 96, 97 and 101. I hope they stick it out and draft 4 quality players.

Would love AJ Cann but if he doesn't last to 64, I think Morris from Missouri and Gallik from BC would be solid choices in the 90s for the interior offensive line. I'm excited to see how the board shares out after 63 is called. Could go so many ways with it.

I'm conflicted. Part of me wants to trade up, but then as you say, we can get four more solid players in this draft.

I think we can get an above average starting guard at 64, a starting caliber RB in rounds 3-4, and a solid WR3/Amendola replacement next year in rounds 3-4 as well.

However, I do think CB has sailed. As patchick said, we have depth/bodies/questions there already. We'll see what BB thinks later today.

I think the Pats are going to try to target OL and CB today. Both of those pools are much thinner than the one at WR. I like Coates and I'm definitely of the opinion that WR is a need, but I don't see them going in that direction in the 2nd.

Emphatically agree. I think they'll need to move up to get a CB that contributes in 2015. I think that choice goes first and best available G that is sensible for the spot goes next.

Getting a DT that can stop the run and pressure the pocket in Brown yesterday was HUGE. Really takes the load off and sets up their draft strategy and 2015 defense quite nicely..

I'm really hoping for a run on LBs and QBs in these two rounds.

However, I do think CB has sailed. As patchick said, we have depth/bodies/questions there already. We'll see what BB thinks later today.

I disagree. There are a number of CBs that have good size, speed, brains and can play man that can be had in the 2nd round. The question is do the Pats agree and if so, are they willing to trade up?

Depending on who you ask, there isnt a huge difference between the top 10 CBs anyway

Sure, the Pats have depth and bodies at CB but the team does not have elite talent at the position.

Emphatically agree. I think they'll need to move up to get a CB that contributes in 2015. I think that choice goes first and best available G that is sensible for the spot goes next.

Getting a DT that can stop the run and pressure the pocket in Brown yesterday was HUGE. Really takes the load off and sets up their draft strategy and 2015 defense quite nicely..

My top 3: Rowe, Darby, and Collins. I think they may have to make a trade up to have a legitimate shot at any of the three. After those three, I like P.J. Williams and Josh Shaw in the third.

I disagree. There are a number of CBs that have good size, speed, brains and can play man that can be had in the 2nd round. The question is do the Pats agree and if so, are they willing to trade up?

Depending on who you ask, there isnt a huge difference between the top 10 CBs anyway

Sure, the Pats have depth and bodies at CB but the team does not have elite talent at the position.

Do you think Collins, Darby, Williams, or Rowe would last until 64? After those four, you are getting into some sketchy CBs (Rollins, Smith, Shaw).

Barring a trade up, I think CB has sailed. We could still trade up for one of those four guys. I'd rather a high level guard, one of the LBs, or WRs over the tier 3 CBs.

Definitely think they should trade up for Collins or Rowe.

Do you think Collins, Darby, Williams, or Rowe would last until 64? After those four, you are getting into some sketchy CBs (Rollins, Smith, Shaw).

Barring a trade up, I think CB has sailed. We could still trade up for one of those four guys. I'd rather a high level guard, one of the LBs, or WRs over the tier 3 CBs.
No. They'll need to move up.

My overall point was that very good CBs that have a chance to be major contributors in 2015 are in the 2nd round. Just need to move up to get 'em;)

Also...

I don't always hit 2,000 post... but when I do. I prefer patsfans.com. : )

;):):p:D:eek::rolleyes:

Congrats, buddy! Before this forum, I couldn't fine any forum that could stomach me for more than 5,000 posts. I'm now creeping up on 30,000. :(

It's not only overdue, it's done. You don't pick up much better than we already have after the first round. Someone spent an 18 on someone so stupid he got himself kicked off his team just for being an annoying idiot, knowing the NFL draft was coming.

As Ron White says, you can't fix stupid.

Big Bang clock.

The run on CBs has not started, but will very shortly tonight. The Patriots will have to trade up or be bridesmaids.

BTW, Darby sucks; he is a workout warrior who cannot cover and he is a big buddy of Winston's. I would not be happy with him as a pick. I am also not so keen on Jalen Collins also or Quentin Rollins. PJ Williams is next on my board for CBs, DUI and all. Then maybe Gaines.

The run on CBs has not started, but will very shortly tonight. The Patriots will have to trade up or be bridesmaids.

BTW, Darby sucks; he is a workout warrior who cannot cover and he is a big buddy of Winston's. I would not be happy with him as a pick. I am also not so keen on Jalen Collins also or Quentin Rollins. PJ Williams is next on my board for CBs, DUI and all. Then maybe Gaines.

I watched every FSU game from the last two seasons and cannot remember a game in which Darby got consistently burned. Can you refresh my memory on who did it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back