PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

***THE OFFICIAL 2014 New England Patriots training camp thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the reports I read somewhere was that had that been a real game Foles would have taken a sack or had to throw it earlier and that Revis had good intial coverage on him. Maclin tried to do a double move and Revis was all over him.

He's been one of their top 3 corners in camp this year. They're not going to cut him, sorry.

He's only one of the top 3 if you count like this:

Maybe you should go to Jetsinsider.com. If you go over there, there seems to be a lot of concern that Revis is going to be a dud because Revis never took plays off and he always dominated in practice when he was with the Jets.
They really need to be concerned about their own cornerback situation, honestly.

Who are the 2 CBs that have been ahead of him in camp?

The 2 in front of him? That is easy. Revis, Browner, Dennard, and Arrington. Oh thats 4....

How can a guy who has never taken an NFL snap be ahead of 4 NFL starting caliber corner backs at this juncture of camp?

@Marqui--while Malcolm Butler has been a very nice TC/preseason story, don't we see this every single year from a different player or two? Preseason super heroes who don't make the team?

I posed the question as to whether Butler could make the team, thus making Ryan even more expendable to move over to safety. While it's a fair question to ponder, I doubt that you're going to find too many who share your sentiment that "Butler is a lock." He's making a nice case for himself, but he's got a tough road ahead with the competition in front of him.

The 2 in front of him? That is easy. Revis, Browner, Dennard, and Arrington. Oh thats 4....

How can a guy who has never taken an NFL snap be ahead of 4 NFL starting caliber corner backs at this juncture of camp?

I would think that Logan Ryan (the 2nd lowest QB rating against at 53.3 last season to Richard Sherman) would be clearly ahead of Butler as well--thus making FIVE CBs ahead of him.

Butler is a nice story, but he's got a tough road ahead. Of course, we'll all be rooting for him.

If he keeps producing as he has, Butler will be a lock sooner rather than later.

I would think that Logan Ryan (the 2nd lowest QB rating against at 53.3 last season to Richard Sherman) would be clearly ahead of Butler as well--thus making FIVE CBs ahead of him.

Butler is a nice story, but he's got a tough road ahead. Of course, we'll all be rooting for him.

I would think so too. He has proven himself at an NFL RS level, something Butler has not. I am sure there isnt one person here who does not want Butler to become the next Revis but lets take it easy here.

Butler is a nice story, but he's got a tough road ahead.
Not really. He's already passed Ryan and Dennard for different reasons and has been getting 1st team reps with Revis over those 2. And with Browner's suspension, Butler will be on the initial 53.

Not really. He's already passed Ryan and Dennard for different reasons and has been getting 1st team reps with Revis over those 2. And with Browner's suspension, Butler will be on the initial 53.
You know for a fact he has passed our starting corneback? Did BB tell you?

Hasn't Butler already been elevated to starting opposite Revis in camp this past week?

Granted, Dennard is coming off surgery but his performance in camp & the Redskins game has clearly been noted and taken into account by the coaches.

You know for a fact he has passed our starting corneback? Did BB tell you?
Yes, by giving him consistent 1st team reps over all the others.

Hasn't Butler already been elevated to starting opposite Revis in camp this past week?

Granted, Dennard is coming off surgery but his performance in camp & the Redskins game has clearly been noted and taken into account by the coaches.
Yes, people that don't think he's flying up the depth chart are just in denial about it at this point. Wouldn't be the first time an UDFA rose up the ranks quickly.

Not really. He's already passed Ryan and Dennard for different reasons and has been getting 1st team reps with Revis over those 2.

I don't think that anything has suggested that "he's passed Ryan and Dennard." I think different players are going to see first team reps.

For instance, the fact that Stork saw first team reps at center doesn't necessarily mean that he overtook Connelly and Wendell.

And with Browner's suspension, Butler will be on the initial 53.

Possibly, for at least the first 4 games anyway.

Then again, that spot could be used on a 6th WR, a 5th RB, another DL, or any number of other positions like special teams.

Yes, people that don't think he's flying up the depth chart are just in denial about it at this point.

How does one 'fly up the depth chart' over proven NFL players one game into the preseason?

Butler is making a tough decision on the coaches, nothing more---and that is a good thing.

He has not passed those players. He is #5 at best right now.

Not really. He's already passed Ryan and Dennard for different reasons

50-cent-driving-away-with-patrick.gif

Are we being punked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back