PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The not so talked about off season mistake: Danny Woodhead

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn, i miss this boy. this dude saved philip rivers' starting job.

woody/vereen/bolden - i would be happy with this trio. ridley - get rid of him and his stupid spin moves.

Don't get me even started on Woodhead I am sure Brady missed him early on when Vereen went down. Speaking of Vereen he would have had 100yds receiving or close to it if he had caught those Wheel Routes...he mishandled those two Big gainers could be because of the cast on his hand. I have said before in another thread Vereen has Hernadez skill sets in this Offense. He is a Beast with the ball in his hand.

Don't get me even started on Woodhead I am sure Brady missed him early on when Vereen went down. Speaking of Vereen he would have had 100yds receiving or close to it if he had caught those Wheel Routes...he mishandled those two Big gainers could be because of the cast on his hand. I have said before in another thread Vereen has Hernadez skill sets in this Offense. He is a Beast with the ball in his hand.

I do think that black bandage had a bit to do with it. Thats two of the same kind of pass hes dropped. IIRC, historically speaking hes done a nice job of pulling those in.

The legend shall return in 2015.

Arguing Vereen/Woody is silly anyway. Both of them are arguably the top 2 receiving backs in the league at the moment. We chose the younger player on the cheaper contract. We just miss Woody.

That's a very difficult argument. I love both Vereen and Woodhead (I've got a Woodhead jersey), but Jamaal Charles, LeSean McCoy and Darren Sproles say "hi".

I'd agree with this 100% except I was there, my first reaction was "NO!!!" and then I realized my nutz were frozen black and my fingers couldn't move and I figured "well, I'll give Vereen a pass tonight"...if you weren't there you have NO IDEA what that cold was like...I was surprised every time ANY receiver MADE a catch.

I was there too! Greatest game I have seen in person.

It didn't seem cold to me. But then again, I had layers upon layers on. Oh, and I was so lubed up, the first half flew by for me! Thank G0D for that.

It had to be brutal for the players though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes