PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The last 2 times we've seen Peyton in the playoffs he's eliminated us

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were Belichick, I'd have the team out there as soon as possible practicing to get used to the altitude. The best defense the Pats can have in this one is the offense. Go up multiple scores early and force Denver to abandon the running game. The Steelers, without Brown, had them beat yesterday in Denver had it not been for a fumble and their defense getting gassed. Padding a lead early should prevent that.

looked better yesterday than he has for a while. mind you, he didn't look great.
All to play for next week. Their D is good. but Ben without Brown and with a Dodgy shoulder caused them all sorts of pain. Really wish we had a running game to compliment Edelman and Gronk. Personally think the more TOP we get the better. Steelers D clearly wilted as the game wore on.

Cautiously optimistic.

That horrific 2006 AFCCG *shudders*, and the 2013 AFCCG

It's time to smash Horse Face. It's time to shut up the idiotic Bronco fans, the doubters, the refs, the media, and end Horse Face's career, and hear the announcers cry while the Patriots go back to the SB looking for their 2nd Lombardi trophy in a row!

Let's go Pats!

image.jpeg

They can't stop him. They can only hope to contain him...

2013 not so bad.
2006 is one of the 4 worst losses in Patriots history, and I would not argue with anyone that ranked it #1. While losing a Super Bowl is positively nauseating, getting the refs involved in the final decision is vomitous. So, as crazy as it is, this is how I rank the losses from worst being first.

#1. 2012 Super Bowl vs. Giants: A Super Bowl loss and the inexplicable safety call that ruined the first 20 minutes of the game for the Patriots.

#2. 2006 AFCCG vs. Colts: OPI against Troy Brown cost Patriots in 1st half, rape of Reche Caldwell and no call, ridiculous PI against Hobbs who didn't even touch WR. Key play in a game that should have been all Pats.

If the Pats go down on Sunday it would be really disappointing but it probably wouldn't be in my top 5 unless they do something spectacular like blow a huge lead.

#3. 1976 Division rd. vs. Raiders. Roughing call on Stabler. Totally bogus. Gave the Raiders extra down to win game at very end. Raiders were invincible that year--except against Patriots.

#4. 2007 Super Bowl vs. Giants: Giants outplayed the Patriots. What makes this painful is 18-0 and Spygate.

I would put the Colts loss at #1, followed by the SB in 2007, the Dreith screwjob next and then the Jets loss in 2010 after that.

The 2011 SB loss was easier to handle. The Patriots pass defense wasn't just bad, it was historically bad...and they were fortunate to even be in the game.

That horrific 2006 AFCCG *shudders*, and the 2013 AFCCG

It's time to smash Horse Face. It's time to shut up the idiotic Bronco fans, the doubters, the refs, the media, and end Horse Face's career, and hear the announcers cry while the Patriots go back to the SB looking for their 2nd Lombardi trophy in a row!

Let's go Pats!
Agreed. I am already thinking about watching the game without sound next week so I don't have to hear that inane, grating IN-COM-PLETE cheer emanating from the stands in Denver. Ugh.

I would put the Colts loss at #1, followed by the SB in 2007, the Dreith screwjob next and then the Jets loss in 2010 after that.

The 2011 SB loss was easier to handle. The Patriots pass defense wasn't just bad, it was historically bad...and they were fortunate to even be in the game.

Well, we'll disagree then, because the Patriots offense dominated after the bogus safety and opening Giants drive from good field position following punt from the 20. After Patriots got the ball, they dominated the game right up until the late pass to Manningham. Brady in fact broke the all-time record for consecutive completions in that game.

Well, we'll disagree then, because the Patriots offense dominated after the bogus safety and opening Giants drive from good field position following punt from the 20. After Patriots got the ball, they dominated the game right up until the late pass to Manningham. Brady in fact broke the all-time record for consecutive completions in that game.

True but I guess I was talking about that whole season. The Patriots defense - especially pass D - was wretched.

Seemed like anyone could throw on the Pats that year no matter who the QB was. Vince Young threw for 400. The freaking RAIDERS got 500 yards of offense. Dan Orlovsky and the 2 win Colts had a big day too.

That's pathetic. I don't feel too bad about losing a SB game when they weren't really worthy of being there in the first place.

True but I guess I was talking about that whole season. The Patriots defense - especially pass D - was wretched.

Seemed like anyone could throw on the Pats that year no matter who the QB was. Vince Young threw for 400. The freaking RAIDERS got 500 yards of offense. Dan Orlovsky and the 2 win Colts had a big day too.

That's pathetic. I don't feel too bad about losing a SB game when they weren't really worthy of being there in the first place.

If you're looking at the whole year, the 2006 Patriots weren't world-beaters either. They had some troubles.

If you're looking at the whole year, the 2006 Patriots weren't world-beaters either. They had some troubles.

They did. If they got blown out I wouldn't have thought much about it... but the way they lost... :(:mad:

Well since Manning won the last two, it's time we returned the favor !

They did. If they got blown out I wouldn't have thought much about it... but the way they lost... :(:mad:

Agree that was a brutal loss. That's why it is up there with Super Bowl losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back