PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The hit on Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Randy says it looked dirty to him. Frankly, it looked dirty to me, too.

I'm so pissed right now.

i thought the ground cant cause a fumble...

It can if no defender touches the player with the ball. Until that happens, it's a live ball.

Brady still had the ball in his hand and he was trying to do anything he could to disrupt the play. I'm definately not putting this injury on Pollard.
I agree that the ball was in Brady's hand. That's not what I'm questioning. It's that he went at the knees which IIRC is illegal.

there is NO way this was a dirty play.
Brady still had the ball and was about to throw.
Pollard was doing anything he could to try to get bto the quarterback and disrupt the throw, just like any defender should.

What was he supposed to do just stop and sit in awe on the ground and just watch as TB threw.

It was just a freak play, bad luck bad timing.

I agree that the ball was in Brady's hand. That's not what I'm questioning. It's that he went at the knees which IIRC is illegal.

The guy was lying on the ground. He really had nowhere else to go and you're taught that you keep going whether you're on the ground or not. Sometimes bad stuff like that happens.

It does not matter if it was dirty or not, the hit was illegal(below the knee) and according to the rules it is an automatic fine. But who gives a F, a 12,000 fine does nothing to repair Brady's knee or help the Patriots beat the jets next week. Lets hope Brady is back sooner than later. Cassel played good, we ran the ball good and the D gave up only 10 points, this is going to have to be the recipe for winning this year until Brady gets back. Expect close games from now on.

First thing's first: Randy Moss needs to chill. He shouldn't be giving his opinion if the hit was dirty or not. Second, this is part of the game. I am one who has been vocal in saying the QB's just get too much protection these days from the refs and the league. Third, the play wasn't dirty. Charles Martin throwing Jim McMahon to the ground is dirty. Jack Tatum putting a guy into paralysis is dirty. This wasn't a dirty play.

And Pollard was facemasked by Morris when he was trying to get up and keep going. Was he also held? I don't know the detailed rules on continuing to block when you both go down, but Morris threw a couple shoves in the back.

I didn't like the hit from the start..seemed more like the one on Palmer...Why no flag?? If you are trying to protect a QB and let POllard get away with a cheap shot... By the way when Dierdorf claimed it was not dirty..I knew then it was VERY much so... from what Pollard said..I think it was a serious injury...talking about Brady screaming and yelling in pain. OK Mr Goodell you gonna do something about it?? He may be on shaky ground being a hypocrite..my guess is Roger will Dodge this one wanting to help his Jet team.. it's only a matter of time till he's history..

First thing's first: Randy Moss needs to chill. He shouldn't be giving his opinion if the hit was dirty or not. Second, this is part of the game. I am one who has been vocal in saying the QB's just get too much protection these days from the refs and the league. Third, the play wasn't dirty. Charles Martin throwing Jim McMahon to the ground is dirty. Jack Tatum putting a guy into paralysis is dirty. This wasn't a dirty play.

I think Randy is just upset that Brady is out...as am I. I will wait for the details but will admit I am expecting it not to be good.

Count me in the "Not dirty" category. It was just one of those unfortunate plays. Sh!t happens...if the rules for QB's gets any stricter, they might as well just put flags on them, if you yank the flag it's a sack.

Running after a QB and hitting him a second after he throws the ball, I can live with that. I think there are too many roughing the pass penalties, guys can't just stop their momentum on a dime.

But IMO any hit on QB's around or below their knees is a cheapshot. I'm tired of seeing beaten defenders crawling around on the ground lunging at guy's knees. That is complete BS.

all you Idiots who think there is nothing wrong with what he did; HE DOVE AT HIS KNEE. He had no chance of hitting above the knee, its not like he was knocked down in mid-flight to cause him to hit the knee, he purposefully hit brady in the knee. His legs were tied up so there was no chance of any other hit. Illegal, dirty, *******.

Ugh...a few problems with what Pollard did...firstly..maybe it wasn't a dirty hit...no matter, what intent was, it was an illegal hit..if one reads the rule book. The ref, Cheffers was in his first game as referee...and I THINK should be find and reprimanded. Supposedly he told Koppen it was a clean hit.. Apparently the ref does not KNOW the rules..hitting the knee or below is NOT legal.. If he did not understand that or was out of position to really see it..simple..Fine his behind. As far as Pollard goes..the Commish should throw a fine his way..AND he must address this issue. Pbviously Cheffers should not be a ref and should stick to his side judge position. He blew that one.. Either it's a rule or not.. CLEARLY it was violated.

all you Idiots who think there is nothing wrong with what he did; HE DOVE AT HIS KNEE. He had no chance of hitting above the knee, its not like he was knocked down in mid-flight to cause him to hit the knee, he purposefully hit brady in the knee. His legs were tied up so there was no chance of any other hit. Illegal, dirty, *******.

I just watched the video a couple times and you are right. He did purposely go at the knee, in a lunging motion. I just sorta passed it off initially and thought it was not, but looking at it a couple times it did look real dirty....what an a-hole....

Last edited:
Hey you fcuking bisnatch. You better have been complaining as much last year when Wilfork took out Losman's knee, otherwise you're just a hypocrite. Typical Pats fan, it's ok to happen to somebody else, but when it happens to your team, all you do is complain. F the pats. What goes around comes around.

Brilliant first post douchebag. Go back to the bungals board where you can talk about what might be next year.....

Hey you fcuking bisnatch. You better have been complaining as much last year when Wilfork took out Losman's knee, otherwise you're just a hypocrite. Typical Pats fan, it's ok to happen to somebody else, but when it happens to your team, all you do is complain. F the pats. What goes around comes around.

Actually, I defended wilfork. He is family, and I have no shame in looking the other way when it comes to my own players.:D
Having said that, I do not think that pollard should be hung for what he did, I do think that he is not a dirty player. But sometimes people do stupid things, and having a good previous record does not excuse that.

Clean hit. ITS football not Flag football or two hand touch!!! GL rest of the season muwahahaha!

Just for the record, I'm not sure Pollard's hit was dirty. My point is that the same clowns who wanted Wilfork to get the chair for his hit will no doubt be saying Pollard's hit was clean and/or unintentional. It's a question of double standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes