PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Florida Gator WR curse.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthSeeker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Are we a victim ? Chad Jackson hasn't been healthy since we drafted him, Reche Cladwell is a training camp superstar (who once blew out his knee), but hasn't been able to translate that to the game. Remember that one WR who never played a game (was it Jacquez Green of the Dolphins ?). Jabar Gafney, Taylor Jacobs, Travis Taylor. None household names or allstars. Only Ike Hilliard and Darrell Jackson have had some slight success. Yet oddly enough, WR's from Miami & Florida State have found more success in the NFL. Are we now and forever......DOOOOOMMMMMEEDDD ?

scott99 said:
Are we a victim ? Chad Jackson hasn't been healthy since we drafted him, Reche Cladwell is a training camp superstar (who once blew out his knee), but hasn't been able to translate that to the game. Remember that one WR who never played a game (was it Jacquez Green of the Dolphins ?). Jabar Gafney, Taylor Jacobs, Travis Taylor. None household names or allstars. Only Ike Hilliard and Darrell Jackson have had some slight success. Yet oddly enough, WR's from Miami & Florida State have found more success in the NFL. Are we now and forever......DOOOOOMMMMMEEDDD ?

no we arnt.

Chill out, wait for the regular season and see how Caldwell progresses. He's made a few shakey plays or mistakes but he is new to the offense, maybe he'll grow into it.

scott99 said:
Quick and easy - no. People who believe in curses are dumb, anyway. Sorry.

scott99 said:

What about Chris Collinsworth? He was a Damn good WR who played for the Gators.

As for the WR who went to Miami, it was Yatil Green (though I don't believe he went to Florida) . It wasn't Jacquez Green. Jaquez Green played for Tampa Bay.

DaBruinz said:
What about Chris Collinsworth? He was a Damn good WR who played for the Gators.

As for the WR who went to Miami, it was Yatil Green (though I don't believe he went to Florida) . It wasn't Jacquez Green. Jaquez Green played for Tampa Bay.

DaBruinz is correct. Yatil Green is the wr from the Dolphins but he played for Univ. of Miami, not UF. Here is a little link on Yatil's "history" with the Phins.

http://www.thedolphinsmakemecry.com/rod-yatil-green.html

THe WR curse is generally due to spurrier..who also created the QB curse.

In the "Fun n Gun" with it's over emphasis on passing it overinflates the numbers for WR's and QB's. So generally they suffer in the NFL because they get less balls thrown to them to capitalize on. Also scouts will look past some deficiencies by staring at their stats....

Ike and Darrell were good receivers in a passing system while the other were OK receivers in a passing system.

Chad Jackson however was never in the Fun n Gun. He was in Zook's more conservative offense(where he was an excellent deep threat) and in meyers Option offense (Where he was switched into a short-medium threat purposfully).

Remeber college curses can be broken...Larry johnson is from Penn state! and we all know about penn state RB's...

Don't be ridiculous. What do Chad Jackson, Terrell Owens, and Steve Smith all have in common? They are all suffering from hamstring pulls. It happens, and needs to be treated delicately.

Last edited:
PonyExpress said:
Don't be ridiculous. What do Chad Jackson, Terrell Owens, and Steve Smith all have in common? They are all suffering from hamstring pulls. It happens, and needs to be treated delicately.

The only muscle I've ever pulled in sports were my Quads (both of them, I pulled one, ignored it, favored the other, then pulled that one too.) and that was rediculously painful. After I stopped trying to ignore it and sat down for a while the pain got to the level of what I'd imagine it feels like to be stabbed with the knives left in. In both legs. But I've always heard that hammy's are worse. I wouldn't want to be any one of those guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
scott99 said:

Tony Gaiter? University of Miami?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye