Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Florida Gator WR curse.......

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by scott99, Aug 21, 2006.

1. scott99

scott99 Rookie

Ratings:
    +172 / 76 / -62

#87 Jersey

Are we a victim ? Chad Jackson hasn't been healthy since we drafted him, Reche Cladwell is a training camp superstar (who once blew out his knee), but hasn't been able to translate that to the game. Remember that one WR who never played a game (was it Jacquez Green of the Dolphins ?). Jabar Gafney, Taylor Jacobs, Travis Taylor. None household names or allstars. Only Ike Hilliard and Darrell Jackson have had some slight success. Yet oddly enough, WR's from Miami & Florida State have found more success in the NFL. Are we now and forever......DOOOOOMMMMMEEDDD ?
  2. desi-patsfan

desi-patsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

no we arnt.
  3. Kdo5

Kdo5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 5 / -3

Chill out, wait for the regular season and see how Caldwell progresses. He's made a few shakey plays or mistakes but he is new to the offense, maybe he'll grow into it.
  4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +500 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Quick and easy - no. People who believe in curses are dumb, anyway. Sorry.
  5. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +362 / 24 / -48

#50 Jersey

What about Chris Collinsworth? He was a Damn good WR who played for the Gators.

As for the WR who went to Miami, it was Yatil Green (though I don't believe he went to Florida) . It wasn't Jacquez Green. Jaquez Green played for Tampa Bay.
  6. BradfordPatsFan

BradfordPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

DaBruinz is correct. Yatil Green is the wr from the Dolphins but he played for Univ. of Miami, not UF. Here is a little link on Yatil's "history" with the Phins.

http://www.thedolphinsmakemecry.com/rod-yatil-green.html
  7. Welker83

Welker83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

THe WR curse is generally due to spurrier..who also created the QB curse.

In the "Fun n Gun" with it's over emphasis on passing it overinflates the numbers for WR's and QB's. So generally they suffer in the NFL because they get less balls thrown to them to capitalize on. Also scouts will look past some deficiencies by staring at their stats....

Ike and Darrell were good receivers in a passing system while the other were OK receivers in a passing system.

Chad Jackson however was never in the Fun n Gun. He was in Zook's more conservative offense(where he was an excellent deep threat) and in meyers Option offense (Where he was switched into a short-medium threat purposfully).

Remeber college curses can be broken...Larry johnson is from Penn state! and we all know about penn state RB's...
  8. PonyExpress

PonyExpress Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 3 / -0

Don't be ridiculous. What do Chad Jackson, Terrell Owens, and Steve Smith all have in common? They are all suffering from hamstring pulls. It happens, and needs to be treated delicately.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2006
  9. Brownfan80

Brownfan80 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The only muscle I've ever pulled in sports were my Quads (both of them, I pulled one, ignored it, favored the other, then pulled that one too.) and that was rediculously painful. After I stopped trying to ignore it and sat down for a while the pain got to the level of what I'd imagine it feels like to be stabbed with the knives left in. In both legs. But I've always heard that hammy's are worse. I wouldn't want to be any one of those guys.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2005
  10. Armen Da Pats Fan

Armen Da Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Tony Gaiter? University of Miami?