PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The ESPN guys weigh in with their picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher_Price

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
ESPN on-air personalities offered their predictions for Super Bowl XLII. Of the 30 ESPN picks, 25 chose the New England Patriots, while just five selected the New York Giants as the anticipated winner of this year’s Super Bowl game in Arizona. Here’s a rundown of who picked who and why:pICKING NEW ENGLANDRaul Allegre, ESPN Deportes [...]

More...

Re: The ESPN guys weight in with their picks

Mike Ditka, Sunday NFL Countdown analyst:
Giants 31-28. I haven’t picked the Patriots all year, so why should I start now?

____________________________________-

Where do I start?

Seriously, could you get a better group of 5 picking the Giants? If I could pick 5, it would be those 5, with the exception of Emmitt.

I heard Ditka pick the Pats in a radio interview. Whatever, few of these "experts"" have any actual insightful analysis.

If you're going to pick the Giants, please give me something a little more than...

Shaun King, NFL Live analyst
Giants 34-26. Confidence.

...that. Wow, confidence. Deep.

I heard Ditka pick the Pats in a radio interview. Whatever, few of these "experts"" have any actual insightful analysis.

If you're going to pick the Giants, please give me something a little more than...

...that. Wow, confidence. Deep.

LOL.

I hear ya.

The ONLY guys that I respect all picked us. Most of the rest are just Jokes.
I'll take any of these scores.

Smart -Ron Jaworski, Monday Night Football and NFL Matchup analyst
Patriots 41-21. The key will be the Patriots three down linemen — Seymour, Wilfork and Warren — who will be able to collapse on Eli, forcing him backward which is not his strength.

Knows his football-Sean Salisbury, ESPN NFL Live analyst
Patriots 34-17. The weather is not a factor and on a fast track and with all those weapons, I don’t think the Patriots can be beat.

Been around a while-Chris Mortensen, NFL Insider
Patriots 41-31. Perfect climate, perfect game, perfect season for Tom Brady.

Played the game -Steve Young, Monday Night Countdown analyst and three-time Super Bowl champion
Patriots 42-10. Eli Manning is not a Hall of Fame quarterback yet. Brady will get the upper hand.

Lomas Brown picked the Giants, but only because he is a long time Dolphins fan and doesn't want to see their perfect season trumped.

Re: The ESPN guys weight in with their picks

Mike Ditka, Sunday NFL Countdown analyst:
Giants 31-28. I haven’t picked the Patriots all year, so why should I start now?

____________________________________-

Where do I start?
Ditka: "I have a perfect season going, 0-18 so far. A Pats victory will make me 0-19, the first analyst to do so... What? I'm not an analyst? ... Then what am I? ... What do you mean by comic relief?...Oh...Never Mind."

Slagathor, I wish I was wrong on this post.

The Rams fell apart after the upset. The Patriots won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes