PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Elite 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone think that any of these will be there for us at 17? I don't that we are trading into the top 11, so I would call these 11 out of reach. I expect us to draft BOWERS or JORDAN at 17, or trade down, with Costanzo as a longshot.

TOP TWELVE
QB Gabbert, Newton, QB3
WR Green, Jones
OL Smith
DT Dareus, Fairley
LB Miller
DE/OLB Quinn
CB Peterson, Amukamara

NEXT TWELVE
DE/OLB Bowers, Smith, Jordan, Watt, Kerrigan, Wilkerson, Taylor
DT Liuget
OL Pouncy, Costanzo, Carimi
QB QB4

You have Taylor very very high

Does anyone think that any of these will be there for us at 17? I don't that we are trading into the top 11, so I would call these 11 out of reach. I expect us to draft BOWERS or JORDAN at 17, or trade down, with Costanzo as a longshot.

TOP TWELVE
QB Gabbert, Newton, QB3
WR Green, Jones
OL Smith
DT Dareus, Fairley
LB Miller
DE/OLB Quinn
CB Peterson, Amukamara

NEXT TWELVE
DT Liuget
QB QB4

From what I hear,Bowers is a big interest in Cleveland

I think Bowers up that high is a bit chancy but if he is drafted by the Browns,it will not be a shocker.

I would love to go up to Quinn if he get past Cleveland. I'll settle for Watt, Jordan or Kerrigan with a slight move up..

It's time to move up for 2 or 3 true difference makers on D.

You have Taylor very very high

IDK. Taylor appears to be one of the most (if not THE most) suitable prospects for 34 NT. Teams that may be lacking the right guy for that keystone position could include:
WAS - #10
HOU - #11
KCY - #21
PIT - #31 (Hampton is ancient)

IOW, his actual draft position may be elevated by demand rather than pure talent.

IDK. Taylor appears to be one of the most (if not THE most) suitable prospects for 34 NT. Teams that may be lacking the right guy for that keystone position could include:
WAS - #10
HOU - #11
KCY - #21
PIT - #31 (Hampton is ancient)

IOW, his actual draft position may be elevated by demand rather than pure talent.

I totally agree. I think we are a little jaded in New England because we already have a pro bowl NT.

More like the best and the best of the rest. That is, players who could go in the first round and top half of the second round.

In no particular order... I can see it grouped as this. However, a lot of teams are drafting for a need, so who goes where is anyone's guess.

Best

Marcell Dareus, Von Miller, Robert Quinn, Patrick Peterson, AJ Green, Prince Amukamara, Da’Quan Bowers, Julio Jones, Nick Fairley, Aldon Smith, Corey Liuget, Cameron Jordan, Cam Newton, Tyron Smith and Anthony Castonzo

Best of the rest

Jimmy Smith, Ryan Kerrigan, Muhammad Wilkerson, JJ Watt, Akeem Ayers, Blaine Gabbert, Mike Pouncey, Jake Locker, Mark Ingram, Gabe Carimi, Randall Cobb, Marvin Austin, Danny Watkins, Stefen Wisniewski and Kyle Rudolph

What's your point? Yu've listed 30 player who you say will be drafted by the middle of the second round (in the first 48).

More like the best and the best of the rest. That is, players who could go in the first round and top half of the second round.

In no particular order... I can see it grouped as this. However, a lot of teams are drafting for a need, so who goes where is anyone's guess.

Best

Marcell Dareus, Von Miller, Robert Quinn, Patrick Peterson, AJ Green, Prince Amukamara, Da’Quan Bowers, Julio Jones, Nick Fairley, Aldon Smith, Corey Liuget, Cameron Jordan, Cam Newton, Tyron Smith and Anthony Castonzo

Best of the rest

Jimmy Smith, Ryan Kerrigan, Muhammad Wilkerson, JJ Watt, Akeem Ayers, Blaine Gabbert, Mike Pouncey, Jake Locker, Mark Ingram, Gabe Carimi, Randall Cobb, Marvin Austin, Danny Watkins, Stefen Wisniewski and Kyle Rudolph

My problem with Taylor was seeing UConn manhandle him with ease a couple times. For big tough guy, he sure plays soft. I guess he turned it up at the Senior Bowl. Zach Hurd of UConn treated him like a ragdoll.

What's your point? Yu've listed 30 player who you say will be drafted by the middle of the second round (in the first 48).

What's your problem? What's with the random attitude. Damn. You don't see me asking what was the point of this thread.

And I never said "will..." I'd said "could..." Stop misreading me. Again, what the hell is your problem.

I'll ignore you in the future. What a jerk.

No attitude meant. I apoogize if I offended. You listed 30 likely first rounders. I agree that these first rounders will likely all be picked by the mid second.

What's your problem? What's with the random attitude. Damn. You don't see me asking what was the point of this thread.

And I never said "will..." I'd said "could..." Stop misreading me. Again, what the hell is your problem.

I'll ignore you in the future. What a jerk.

TOP TWELVE
QB Gabbert, Newton, QB3
WR Green, Jones
OL Smith
DT Dareus, Fairley
LB Miller
DE/OLB Quinn
CB Peterson, Amukamara

NEXT TWELVE
DT Liuget
QB QB4

I could easily see Watt and Jordan going in the top 12. There are suggestions out there that if Dallas can't trade down then they might forego T. Smith and go defensively instead (Watt, Jordan, Aldon Smith). The Redskins have also been linked to Jordan if there is no trade down and Houston are converting to a 3-4 so again could well be looking at their front seven.

Cameron Jordan is my preferred pick at seventeen but fear he'll require a trade up. I'm not sold on that being a good idea when we can always trade down and nab Wilkerson or Heyward.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back