PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Drayton Florence Paradigm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Listening to Sports Talk here in SoCal - HYSTERICAL the last couple days, by the way - I heard more than one Charger fan call in about the fact that, after Florence head-butted our guy, the Patriot (Graham? Watson?) shoved him back, "but of course the guy on the Pats didn't get flagged." (I know, idiotic, but the fan-base here is, for the most part, hopelessly superficial and clueless.) Anyway, it got me to thinking...

That kind of attitude is a perfect example of the post-game B.S. that has morphed into a national referendum on whether the Patriots are "classy" or not: San Diego not only started the trash-talking (last year AND last week), but also instigated it during the game (more talk, Merriman's ridiculous Lights Out move after a HURRY, for God's sake), talked crap WAY MORE overall, then got hit back in the aftermath (like the post-headbutt shove-back) - and somehow WE'RE supposed to be the bad guys?

Amazing.

The "shove" of graham was a defensive reaction to Florence's imminent act of headbutting. They totally disrespect the Pats. As if the Pats have no right to defend themselves. So how did the NFL react when Brady was speared and Del Rio gave approval of it and Harrison was hit on the knees. Go Pats. :rocker:

I for one didn't think the Florence headbutt was classless. I thought it was great. I absolutely LOVED it.!! :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

If someone slams their head into your face, it's instinctive to push the person away.

If Graham had been flagged I'd have been fuming.

I figure that Drayton was also yelling something colorful, which aided the ref in throwing the flag.

You should immediately discount anyone who suggest that the refs give a crap who wins the game. (We do it here, by the way.) They were all over that play.

I for one didn't think the Florence headbutt was classless. I thought it was great. I absolutely LOVED it.!! :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

I'm with you! I LOVED that headbutt. 15yrds and a first down...all day! I hope the Colts feel the need to headbutt our guys this weekend. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back