PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Dolphins will win the division?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boner said:
The Patriots finished 1 game better than a team that had no QB and virtually no RB. We had many injuries like your team and finished at 9-6. It is not i who is toking on memories of the past. The Patriots are very good and the Dolphins are just as good and then better due to Saban.

Take a long hard look, Saban did 1 game worse with way less talent. Take away Brady and the Patriots would have been 8-8 and you are kidding yourself if you think otherwise.
we give you girls the last game....We are a Dynasty...you never were....go back to your Dolphins fansite...if there is one

Phins all the way

I think Marino and Csonka are headed for break-out years. There will be no stopping them. Also you can't out coach that Don Shula. The best in the league.

skri65 said:
We can't rush the QB? Arguably the Best DE in Seymour and a great duo in Wilfork and Warren. Followed by 2 great LB's in Bruschi and Vrabel. Hopefully our third linebacker will be sured up in the draft. We have one of the best front seven (pending our final addition) in the league my friend. We will be able to rush the QB.

And to whoever said "What has saban done?"

He's taken a terrible team and made them competitive. Get your facts straight.

I just don't think they'll be able to win the division.

If they are all so great why do you rank near the bottom of the league in Sacks? or turnovers...?

BradyBirdYazOrr said:
we give you girls the last game....We are a Dynasty...you never were....go back to your Dolphins fansite...if there is one

Finheaven.com

10,000+ registered members
average user count 800

Welker83 said:
Finheaven.com

average user count 800
I entered that site but it appears to be a NAMBLA home page:eek:

Welker83 said:
Finheaven.com

average user count 800
average IQ 80

You left out something.:p

Welker83 said:
If they are all so great why do you rank near the bottom of the league in Sacks? or turnovers...?

Turnovers is a good point, and 05 was a down year for the Pats on the turnover count.

Sacks is a fun stat to keep especially if your fantasy league has individual defensive players - or if your defense is built on sacks. The Steelers mirror NE in many ways, but one way they differ is they emphasize blitzes. NE has never had that philosophy.

I do think you'll see better numbers this year in the sack department, spread out, as always, over the team. That's because the D-Linemen can collapse the pocket if the play is called that way, or more often, they can keep offensive linemen (hint: they're the guys in front of the QB - Miami should look into them) busy, while the linebackers handle the fun part.

Colvin's full strength this year, and stands out as more of a sack threat than others on the team with Willie Mac gone. But you sleep on Seymour or even Wilfork and Warren at your own peril.

Anyway, congrats on Miami's most recent April divisional crown. If you want tp be up on the contenders all year round, you can always get Direct TV.

PFnV

Boner said:
The Patriots finished 1 game better than a team that had no QB and virtually no RB. We had many injuries like your team and finished at 9-6. It is not i who is toking on memories of the past. The Patriots are very good and the Dolphins are just as good and then better due to Saban.

Take a long hard look, Saban did 1 game worse with way less talent. Take away Brady and the Patriots would have been 8-8 and you are kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Didn't we hear this same syllogistic crap from the Jets last year?

"The Jets were a missed field goal away from the AFC Championship in 2004."

"The Jets drafted a 'better' kicker"

"Therefore, the Jets will go to the AFC Championship in 2005."

Well, that didn't really work out. Why? They were an old, injury-prone team which finally ran out of luck. Mawae and Fabini got hurt. Pennington and Fiedler got hurt. Martin and Baker got hurt. Chrebet and Barton got hurt.

Now, isn't there another old, injury-prone team lurking around the AFC East?

Sure. They're called the Dolphins.

(And, by the way, don't even try to compare the injuries of the Dolphins last year to the injuries of the Pats. They simply don't compare in either the quality or quantity of players lost. The Pats had somewhere around 45 different starters during the year. I don't have the Dolphins number on me, but it definitely isn't even close to that.)

I know most people here have seen this list 10,000 times before, but I'll post it again:

(Starters - with Faulk listed as the 11th offensive player - from the 2004/XXXIX squad in bold)

QB – Tom Brady – 16 games active, 16 starts, sports hernia and shin injury
QB – Doug Flutie – 16 games active, 0 starts, no injury
QB – Matt Cassel – 16 games active, 0 starts, no injury

RB – Corey Dillon – 8 games active, 8 starts, 6 games missed to injury
RB – Kevin Faulk – 8 game active, 1 start, 8 games missed to injury
RB – Patrick Pass – 12 games active, 3 starts, 4 games missed to injury
RB – Heath Evans – Signed on November 2nd, 6 games active, 1 start, 3 games missed to injury
RB – Michael Cloud – Signed on November 5th, Released on November 29th, re-signed on December 2nd, released on December 13th, 6 games active, 0 starts, no injury
RB – Amos Zereoue – Signed on September 28th, Released on November 2nd, 3 games active, 0 starts, no injury

WR – Deion Branch – 16 games active, 16 starts, no injury
WR – David Givens – 13 games active, 13 starts, 3 games missed to injury
WR – Troy Brown – 13 games active, 2 starts, 3 games missed to injury
WR – Tim Dwight – 16 games active, 1 start, no injury
WR – Andre’ Davis – 9 games active, 0 starts, no injury
WR – Bethel Johnson – 11 games active, 0 starts, 4 games missed to injury
WR – Bam Childress – Signed on January 1st, 1 game active, 0 starts, no injury
WR – Michael McGrew – 0 games active, 0 starts, 16 games missed to injury
WR – Cedric James – 0 games active, 0 starts, 16 games missed to injury

TE – Daniel Graham – 9 games active, 9 starts, 7 games missed to injury
TE – Ben Watson – 14 games active, 9 starts, 1 game missed to injury
TE – Christian Fauria – 5 games active, 5 starts, no injury

OT – Matt Light – 2 games active, 2 starts, 14 games missed to injury
OT – Nick Kaczur – 14 games active, 12 starts, 2 games missed to injury
OT – Brandon Gorin – 12 games active, 8 starts, 4 games missed to injury
OT – Tom Ashworth – 14 games active, 10 starts, 2 games missed to injury

OG – Logan Mankins – 16 games active, 16 starts, no injury
OG – Steve Neal – 16 games active, 16 starts, no injury
OG – Gene Mruczkowski – Signed on September 28th, Released on October 10th, Signed on November 16th, 7 games active, 0 starts, no injury
OG – Billy Yates – Signed in November, 4 games active, 0 starts, no injury
OG – Ross Tucker – Signed on December 13th, 1 game active, 0 starts, no injury

OC – Dan Koppen – 9 games active, 9 starts, 6 games missed to injury
OC – Russ Hochstein – 16 games active, 7 starts, no injury

DE - Richard Seymour - 4 games missed to injury
NT - Vince Wilfork - no injury
DE - Ty Warren - no injury

OLB - Rosvelt Colvin - no injury
ILB - Tedy Bruschi - 6 games missed to the stroke recovery
ILB - Mike Vrabel - no injury
OLB - Willie McGinest - no injury

CB - Tyrone Poole - 15 games missed to injury
CB - Duane Starks - 9 games missed to injury
CB - Randall Gay - 11 games missed to injury
CB - Chad Scott - 13 games missed to injury
CB - Asante Samuel - 1 game missed to injury
CB - Ellis Hobbs - no injury

SS - Rodney Harrison - 14 games missed to injury
FS - Eugene Wilson - no injury

S - Guss Scott - 11 games missed to injury
S - James Sanders - 6 games missed to injury
S/CB - Artrell Hawkins (signed in mid-November) - 2 games missed to injury
S - Michael Stone - no injury

And better yet, 19 of the 21 XXXIX starters who were on the 2004 squad, about half of them injured in 2005, will be returning in 2006.

Last edited:
hey ****

Boner said:

aka boner.......did you even look at the schedules last year???? Miami played one of the easiest (easiest "second part" of the season in NFL history) ......while the Pats played THE HARDEST schedule in NFL history!!!! Check your facts..........

Lol

BradyBirdYazOrr said:
I entered that site but it appears to be a NAMBLA home page:eek:

HA HA HA HA HA.....now it all makes sense.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News