Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Bye Weeks Arrive

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by 37Harrison, Sep 23, 2008.

1. 37Harrison

37Harrison Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -2

#37 Jersey

Post your bye week dillema's here...

I was wondering who others thought would be a good bye week replacement for Addai... both of these guys are getting goal line touches...

Tim Hightower vs NYJ
    Pierre Woods vs SF

Both of these guys are FA's so I need to act quick.

Right now I have C. Johnson but he is playing against Minnesota this week and I also have McFadden but he is going against SD.
  2. WhiskeyBreath

WhiskeyBreath Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think you mean Pierre Thomas, unless Pierre Woods was traded to the Saints and converted to a RB haha.
  3. 37Harrison

37Harrison Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -2

#37 Jersey

Yeah that's what I meant. :rolleyes:
  4. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0

I would go with Thomas. Not only is he putting up more yardage, but the Saints are using him inside the 10 to save wear and tear on Deuce McAllister, so he's more likely to score a TD.
  5. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I'm looking for some deep sleepers at WR for this week, any thoughts on Josh Reed (BUF) or Reggie Brown (PHI)? Anyone else you guys thinking about as a 1 week kind of guy? Thanks!
  6. 37Harrison

37Harrison Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -2

#37 Jersey

Reggie Brown is way too inconsistent and extremely prone to injuries. I would go with Reed since Parrish is out and they are playing against the worst team in the league.
  7. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Yeah, that's what I've done, though my guess is that the Bills WRs aren't going to have a real big day since they are going to be able to run the ball on STL. I see Lynch and possibly Fred Jackson having huge days, and if the WRs are going to get a good amount of points it will be in the 1st quarter.

I may keep Brown on my roster for a couple weeks though and see how he comes back from injury. I could see him being a nice compliment to Jackson at WR.
  8. 37Harrison

37Harrison Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -2

#37 Jersey

I look at it like this, I think the Bills will throw it and do it often. This is their chance to get some more separation between them and the rest of the division. Once they build up enough of a lead then I can see them running it the rest of the game.

Not sure who the Rams see as their biggest threat but I think they may be more worried about Lynch than their receivers.