PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Browns may be lousy but I think the Pats are going to be challenged on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish it was a home game. But oh well. Looking forward to see how they bounce back after last week.

0-4 teams are always a danger. These two rosters have never faced each other so it's hard to tell how any of the match ups will go. Honestly, I go into every Patriots game never sure of a certain outcome. Football is weird man, one odd bounce, one bad game plan, one snow plow. You can't predict the NFL.

That's why bookies try to weigh both sides of the line evenly, they know Joe Q. Public will always bet with their heart, but they win either way.

Just glad to see a thread that takes an opponent seriously rather than say the Pats are going to blow them out like...oh...I don't know...maybe Buffalo?

The pattern on this Board seems to be to dis and demean an opponent all week and then panic in the Game Day Thread.

NO one is giving them a shot, they won't just lay down and take it at home on a stage where a lot of people are gonna be watching.

Never underestimate the power of pride, no one wants to be embarrassed, this strategy is used by all coaches throughout the NFL, and the Browns are no different.

Come to play boys....kick the 2016 version of the FU RG Tour off right...

I expect a good game from both teams. Pats are on the road with a "rusty" Brady and the Browns have nothing to lose. If the O-Line plays well we'll be okay.

I'd say this guy has some experience with Brady to know this.

I usually avoid picking blowouts but I think we curb stomp the Browns on Sunday, especially with us coming off a loss and Brady's return. I think he should have the rust shaken off in a few drives.

Even if Brady is rusty, I expect we'll be able to run on them fairly well. They've been pretty bad against the run, and our run blocking + Blount have been a big part of our offense through the first quarter of the season. I don't expect Brady to be rusty for long though.

Cleveland's run game has been even better than ours though. So we'll have to bring our A game to contain it.
Bingo. I almost expect Cleveland's D to begin in dime. That's when you pound LARGETTE and the rock.

Completely different perspective on BB's presser from Cleveland reporter's perspective. Quite a few interesting thoughts actually:

BTW:

Speaking of Mingo, he's been MIA these first four weeks. What's the story with him?

Last edited:
**** all this nervous hedging around the Browns.

We have Brady back and -- on paper -- a better team than in the last few years. If we can't win convincingly against the Browns there is no point in taking about playoffs or homefield advantage.

We will win by 2+ scores.

I certainly don't want a blowout. Although BB won't let it happen, if they blow out Browns in Brady's first game back the team can get complacent. I just want us to win and not have any injuries to deal with. I also want Brady to have a good game (no turnovers).

I am not asking for much, am I ? ;)

If Toms not to rusty(more than a quarter) we should be in good shape. NE takes away what you do best that gets harder with more talented teams. Cleveland isnt that scary. Crowell is decent, Kessler is a rookie and Pryor would be there big three to focus on. I will throw out Kessler so that leaves Crowell and Pryor. I think they take out Pryor and let Crowell get his and see if Clevelnad can sustain a drive. That is where they fell apart last week, they were able to move the ball but always shot themselves in the foot at some point before the end zone. I also think Barnidge merits some special coverage as well

That is just the way I see it. Wash ran and passed all over them last week so I would expect a decent scoring output from NE especially if Blount gets going early. Jordan reed ran wild on them last week and we have 2 TEs that can do similiar damage.

I like the pats 30-13.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference