PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The BEST Patriots radio commentary, bar none

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are times I really enjoy them. But, at times they both revert to lengthy frat-boy nonsense (which has its place in moderation) and Gresh, in particular, tries so hard to be hip that he sounds foolish. But, when they focus on Xs and Is they're pretty good.

Personally, I can't stand Zo and his schtick.

You can take the boy out of the frat, but you can't take the frat out of the boy.......

Personally, I can't stand Zo and his schtick.

You can take the boy out of the frat, but you can't take the frat out of the boy.......
An old saying and a good way to put it.

Yes, this is the only must radio on WEEI for me. Matt Chatham is the most insightful of the former players. I try to read and listen to him whenever possible. He has a column Friday's in the Herald and is on Patriots this Week with ZO and Wiggy (my second favorite but more because of personality than insight) and on NESN at times I haven't nailed down.
I do like Gresh and Zo because you can count on them for football. They are the only ones I try to listen with any regularity. I don't think they are pretentious, what you hear is the real people. I do try to get Felger and Mazz for Tuesday's with Wiggy.

I used to try to hear everything Pats related but the market is so saturated and unfortunately they all say the same thing.

I was very early on the Matt Chatham bandwagon and its good to see that he seems to be picking up more air time as well as followers.

Dale Arnold is a nerd, but the best kind. What made Arnold so attractive as a talk host was his apparent lack of ego. He recognizes that his job is more to keep the conversation going and less about what "he thinks". With the occasional exception of hockey, where he actually has some expertise, Arnold allows his guests and callers make the opinions.

He has been sorely missed at EEI and I'm sure Holley would have him back in a nanosecond.

As for the others -

Zoe - I like Zoe because he's a true character. He's knowledgeable and quick on his feet. I love the work he does on Pats all access. I think he'll get better over tiem

Gresh - I really want to punch him in the face sometimes. A little too full of himself at times. He's got a little Felger in him

Troy Brown - I wish he were a bit more articulate. I think some of his insights are lost in translation. I'd like to hear him get more radio time where he can hone his speaking skills.

Felger - about 8 minutes is the longest I've gone before I have to turn it off recently. Top of my punch him in the mouth list, but I admire the "universe" he's carved out in the local media. He sees his job as being the guy who pushes buttons. He's very good at it. Where I like Felger is when he has guests. He mostly asks the questions we'd like to ask.

Mazz is a good baseball guy, but shouldn't be allowed to talk on football. It bothers me when he tries to come off as an "expert" on any football subject. He should be made to read a disclaimer which reads "I know nothing about the subject I am about to speak on, and anything that will be said should carry zero weight

Perrillo Hart and Fred, etc over at Patriots in Progress on the Pats web site are good listening and often entertaining. John Rook who goes on after them is also Good, especially on Thursday when he has some interesting guests.

During the week Gresch and Zo are the best football commentators, although there are many days I go to my IPOD to avoid sophomoric or bombastic commentary... they remind me of a young Ordway, with their overtalking and always being than anyone else..

Arnold has always had a great pregame show, in the past he had Fauria for a while(who I also like) and Troy(who I also like)... but this year the combination of these three has been the most intelligent and football savvy discussion. No one has been yelling that their view is better or smarter than the other guy or no overtalking...

I agree Arnold's smaller ego has always been a winning combination, and when he left the regular slot with Holley on WEEI they lost me as a listener...

I like Gresh and Zo, especially Zo, but I'm sure I'm in the minority.

Nope, I love Gresh and Zo. They are by far the realest guys on the radio, and with the best insight on this team. They have no agenda's whatsoever.....which is very rare nowadays.

Nope, I love Gresh and Zo. They are by far the realest guys on the radio, and with the best insight on this team. They have no agenda's whatsoever.....which is very rare nowadays.

That's a good point. Regarding the Patriots they shoot pretty straight unlike Felger and his lapdog Mazz, who manufacture controversy if they can't find one under a rock somewhere.

That's a good point. Regarding the Patriots they shoot pretty straight unlike Felger and his lapdog Mazz, who manufacture controversy if they can't find one under a rock somewhere.

Felger all about the ratings. Its all for show. Any one remember the cat fights he used to have with Borges at sports final with Bob Lobel? He used to be the biggest Pats/Brady/BB honk.

Mazz is a baseball guy that as no business taking football. Felger is a football guy though.

Also wanted to mention that broadcasting at the same time as the EEI program was what I
ass-ume would normally be the pre-pre-game show on 98.5 that included Mike Flynn, local
dude & former Ravens Center. Sounded pretty listenable given my limited experience.

Felger all about the ratings. Its all for show. Any one remember the cat fights he used to have with Borges at sports final with Bob Lobel? He used to be the biggest Pats/Brady/BB honk.

Mazz is a baseball guy that as no business taking football. Felger is a football guy though.
Felger fancies himself a football guy, which is different from being one.

Also wanted to mention that broadcasting at the same time as the EEI program was what I
ass-ume would normally be the pre-pre-game show on 98.5 that included Mike Flynn, local
dude & former Ravens Center. Sounded pretty listenable given my limited experience.

Do you use a specific online link or app, Captain Stone? Recognizing that like me, you are out of town.

I have a specific app downloaded to my phone that is called "Football radio" and actually gives me 8 different local stations for whichever specific team you choose, but it doesn't show what channel you are on. You kind of just have to search around.

Just wondering what you use to listen. Thanks buddy.

Nah, I was able to listen last Sunday only because I was driving back to Hershey
from Boston, but I lost both signals in CT. Maybe I should investigate the possibility
of listening to them on the computer tomorrow.

I listen to WEEI on iTunes - what time does this show start on Sunday? Please give the time in PST. Thanks. I'd love to listen, all I get out here in Northern California is 49ers and Raiders on the radio.

My guess would be 7am your time, maybe 8.

I listen to WEEI on iTunes - what time does this show start on Sunday? Please give the time in PST. Thanks. I'd love to listen, all I get out here in Northern California is 49ers and Raiders on the radio.

It starts at 9 a.m. here so that would be 6 a.m. where you are. You also can listen live at weei.com.

It starts at 9 a.m. here so that would be 6 a.m. where you are. You also can listen live at weei.com.

Thanks, guys. Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick