Welcome to PatsFans.com

The agony of defeat...

Discussion in 'Red Sox Fan Forum' started by CMcCartney, Jul 5, 2008.

1. CMcCartney

CMcCartney Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Bases loaded, no outs, down 2-1, and we can't score.. Anyone else know what was coming with the mighty triumvirate of Crisp, Veritek, and Lugo?? That was an embarrassment.. Could have put a major hurtin' on the Yankees, but we suck.. I don't know who was on the bench, but I would have put ANYONE else up there other than those three stiffs.. :mad::mad::mad::mad::
  2. patriotspride

patriotspride Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

that was truly pathetic. i hate lugo with a passion.
  3. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

so frustrating, and yet not surprising at all.
  4. tedylb

tedylb Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Tough loss but a good game. Masterson pitched well, but Mussina was better. And Rivera can still bring it, though the Sox had them sweating in the 9th.

Lets hope we can get to Joba early and often Sunday, and that Wake is on his game.
  5. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

That is the way I look at it. The best the Yanks can do is a split. The rookie goes to the Bronx and pitches a hell of a game. Do you think Yankee fans are slapping themselves on the back or are they saying oh sheeeeeeeet. As for the ninth, what was Francona going to do, pitch hit for the captain? Jason is in a horrible slump, but he's also the key to the next world series regardless of what he hits. Its a long season and I can't see getting bummed over a 2-1 loss after winning the first two.
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

Who's he going to pinch hit with? He used Casey in the 7th I think. If I'm not mistaken, Cash was the only guy left on the bench. The only thing to question is why he used Casey so early in the game. Still though, you've got to get a run home in that situation.
  7. patriotspride

patriotspride Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

how can any real redsox fan not be disappointed and disgusted with that loss. its not the end of the world and the season isn't over but no outs bases loaded and they cant get the run in? that's embarrassing to say the least. ill be angry for a day and then be over it but dont tell me its not a suck ass loss.
  8. dhamz

dhamz Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

The Sox feature a National League line-up right now. They have automatic outs at the 8 and 9 spots in Varitek and Lugo. Crisp is a 9 hitter who they are batting 7th right now. With Cash as the only guy on the bench, there really were no pinch hitting options - not that Tito would have ever considered hitting for "the captain" even though he is the worst hitter in baseball presently having hit .138 since June 1.
  9. patriotspride

patriotspride Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

the sox need ortiz back. if he cant come back healthy they wont be winning any WS.
  10. CMcCartney

CMcCartney Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, regardless of the pinch hitting situation, that was a brutal display by the ass end of the lineup.. Doesn't get any worse than that.. And Varitek's going so bad right now, I wasn't even worried about a double play ball.. He's not hitting the ball squarely enough to get a ground ball.. The pop-up is the best he can do.. :rolleyes:
  11. dapatshouldawon

dapatshouldawon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Go Yanks>>>>>>>>
  12. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Yea, good luck with that. Enjoy watching the playoffs this year with your team.
  13. patriotspride

patriotspride Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

im guessing your a moron. prove me wrong
  14. dapatshouldawon

dapatshouldawon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Why am I a Moron????Because I hate the red sox..........
  15. CMcCartney

CMcCartney Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You hate the Red Sox, but yet you're posting in a Red Sox fan forum.. Uh, ok, nothing odd about that.. :rolleyes: