PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2015 NFL Combine Thread

I'd take White, personally. Not based on his 40 time, certainly, but based on his size and physicality. Split end > flank receiver in my book. I didn't expect him to be this fast - that's just a bonus. Daniel Jeremiah had compared him to Julio Jones based on his tape, and I didn't expect him to have Jones' ridiculous athleticism.

From Daniel Jeremiah:
Kevin White posted a silly time but trust me, the tape is even better.

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/569192968596406272

I think he's reportedly a 4.4 guy too...and a hell of a blocker. Vereen replacement or maybe a Hernandez replacement one day?

Are we thinking of the same guy? Thr 6'1", 224# ht/wt are for the RB from Northern Iowa. If so that's potentially a Ridley replacement from heaven.

Are we thinking of the same guy? Thr 6'1", 224# ht/wt are for the RB from Northern Iowa. If so that's potentially a Ridley replacement from heaven.

I deleted the post - was a bit hasty. I think he's more of a HB rather than RB. I like him better coming out of the backfield and catching the ball rather than as a runner.

Ajayi + Abdullah with the BJGE speed (4.61-4,62)

Some RB 40 times:

Jay Ajayi - 4.61, 1.62 10-split
Ameer Abdulla - 4.62, 1.61 10-split
Buck Allen - 4.55, 1.61 10-split
Cameron Artis Payne - 4.54, 1.62 10-split

Pretty close times.

Jameis is a red-shirt soph. He's immature. When you go into a program that gives you everything; girls, cash and even crab legs. You get entitled players. TB12 hadn't even started a game yet after his red-shirt soph season. If Jameis gets on a team that actually coaches him, he'll be fine. If they give him the keys Day 1 and say it's all yours. Might be trouble.

Absolutely, he may grow out of his past pattern of immature behavior and poor decisions. Plenty of people do. But putting your whole franchise in a guy's hands, you're counting on the past being no predictor of the future: "After we get married, I'm sure he'll change."

Just too big a risk, IMO.

But putting your whole franchise in a guy's hands, you're counting on the past being no predictor of the future: "After we get married, I'm sure he'll change."

Just too big a risk, IMO.

Though to be fair, that does seem to be the way most of the country does it.

Melvin Gordon 4.52, 1.63 10-split.

David Johnson 4.50 on top of his 41.5" vertical.

Duke Johnson - 4.55

David Johnson 4.50 on top of his 41.5" vertical.

Duke Johnson - 4.55

For comparison, Shane Vereen's times were 4.49 with a 1.56 10-split and 6.95 3C. He had a 34" VJ, and had 31 reps on the BP.

You should check out Tre McBride sometime.

I'm with you on the McBride watch. At this stage, he's exactly the type of WR who makes sense to me for the Patriots: a mid-round guy with downfield speed and good KR skills.

I'm all in on Strong at 32 with him running a 4.4

I'm all in on Strong at 32 with him running a 4.4

Why? What does that have to do with it?

Sammie Coates with a 41" VJ, 10'11" BJ. Too bad he's Edward Scissorhands.

Why? What does that have to do with it?

Sammie Coates with a 41" VJ, 10'11" BJ. Too bad he's Edward Scissorhands.

He was a borderline first rounder because he was thought to be a little slow. He proved not to be. I think he's solidified a first rounder too.

Dorial Green-Beckham 33.5 " Vert 9'11" Broad jump

His athleticism was overhyped

He was a borderline first rounder because he was thought to be a little slow. He proved not to be. I think he's solidified a first rounder too.

I understand that running a good 40 should help his draft stock. I'm thrilled with that. What I don't understand is why that would suggest going "all in" on him at 32 for the Pats, even allowing for differences in what people value as a draft choice.

@JoshNorris: #UGA WR Chris Conley
45" vertical: tied for best since 2006 among all positions
11'7" broad: tied for best since 2006 among ALL positions

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick