PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2015 NFL Combine Thread

Happy with Greene's split/40. Already can see him and Edelman causing havoc across the middle of the field.

Happy with Greene's split/40. Already can see him and Edelman causing havoc across the middle of the field.

Not to mention his absurdly low drop rate. A sure handed receiver who can get open quickly fits very well in the Pats' offense, especially if he is a good route runner.

Phillip Dorsett 4.33 2nd attempt, 1.57 10-split.

Devin Funchess is consistent. Identical 2nd attempt numbers to 1st attempt.

Like Mayo said, no Calvin, but DGB's height-weight-speed is still better than V-Jax, Evans, Dez, etc.

Like Mayo said, no Calvin, but DGB's height-weight-speed is still better than V-Jax, Evans, Dez, etc.

Evans ran a 4.46 at nearly 6' 5" and 231#, so I'd say he and DGB are similar. Evans had a great year last year.

Anyone think Rashad Greene might compare to a young Deion Branch? Branch had a 4.47 40, 1.51 10-split, 3.76 SS and 6.71 3C in 2002.

Evans ran a 4.46 at nearly 6' 5" and 231#, so I'd say he and DGB are similar. Evans had a great year last year.

Anyone think Rashad Greene might compare to a young Deion Branch? Branch had a 4.47 40, 1.51 10-split, 3.76 SS and 6.71 3C in 2002.

Your question is why I'm not all that interested in the forty times and am looking forward to the 3cone and SS times. If we're looking for an Amendola replacement, they're just as, if not, more important.

Oh, I didn't realize this was WR day. I'll come back later when the prospects who actually can improve the Pats are on the field. ;)

Your question is why I'm not all that interested in the forty times and am looking forward to the 3cone and SS times. If we're looking for an Amendola replacement, they're just as, if not, more important.

Agreed. The 40 is for entertainment purposes only (plus people do pay attention to it, so it affects draft stock).

Greene had a 1.65 10-split on his 2nd run. Way off the 1st run.

Oh, I didn't realize this was WR day. I'll come back later when the prospects who actually can improve the Pats are on the field. ;)

I've never been in the "draft a WR high" camp. But I don't see the harm in discussing the WRs in the draft on their day to work out. It helps to get a sense of all the players in a draft, whether they are likely to be considerations for the Pats or not.

There are a few 3rd-5th round type WRs that could come in and take over Amendola's slot/WR3 job (Greene, Crowder for example)

Greene fits this offense like a glove. I think he could have a big rookie impact like Edelman in 2009.

Phillip Dorsett: 4.35 40, 1.54 10-split.

Devin Funchess with a 4.70 40.
Wow! That good. That's a guy we should be trading up for. :rollleyes:

I really wish there was some way we can separate the OL discussion from the WR's in this tread. My blood pressure would go down 10 points.

Wow! That good. That's a guy we should be trading up for. :rollleyes:

I really wish there was some way we can separate the OL discussion from the WR's in this tread. My blood pressure would go down 10 points.

Please stop. We get it, you're a WR jihadist. You don't need to keep reminding us.

I don't understand why you get so worked up about it. I think WRs are ridiculously over-valued in the draft, but it's amusing to see people gush over them, and the more they get hyped up and push other guys down to us, the happier I am.

Ken you want beef and I thats fine, but I beleave getting a good RB or WR could improve Patriots as much as a OL or NT. Because OL is as Deep as it is, I still beleave you get good vaule if you wait until day 2 or 3 with those. I would also hate if Patriots take a big fat NT in the 1. For me thats as wasted a pick as wr or rb are for you. I dont want a skillplayer at all cost, but there are a RB and and 1-2 WR I beleave could be good value depending where you get them. And for me Value is the thing for me.

these receivers have hands of stone lol

A couple of things to remember about the Combine:

1. It's a media hype event. So expect to hear ridiculously hyperbole about tons of guys. Like Steve Mariucci saying that Jameis Winston is the smartest QB he ever met with.

2 It's not geared towards us. We know more about these players than the mediots who are broadcasting it. Brian Billick noted yesterday that for a lot of the NFL coaching staff - not the scouts, obviously - the Combine is really their first opportunity to get to know the players in the draft. They've been focused on the previous year. We've been discussing most of these guys and watching what tape of them we could find for 6 months now. They're catching up to us.

I've never been in the "draft a WR high" camp. But I don't see the harm in discussing the WRs in the draft on their day to work out. It helps to get a sense of all the players in a draft, whether they are likely to be considerations for the Pats or not.
That's a reasonable thought Mayo. But I've found it a waste of time and effort to discuss a lot of guys for a long time who are NEVER going to be Patriots.

The only reason to discuss them would be to be able to compare them to players the Pats might actually need or be in a position to draft.. It drives me nuts to see 90% of the mediot's time at the combine be spent on guys who are going to be drafted in the top 15-20 slots, or spent on the "glamor" positions like QB and WR, which the Pats won't picking (IMHO)

I LOVE the OL and DL talk. I can't get enough info on them. I can even stand a little TE and RB talk, but Most of it frustrates me because its just not relevant. Granted I'm probably being very parochial. True Draftnicks like you love it all and I should probably be more tolerant. Please forgive my crankiness.

these receivers have hands of stone lol
The throwing QBs are absolutely awful too. How can you play QB in college and have such a hard time throwing a short out route?

The throwing QBs are absolutely awful too. How can you play QB in college and have such a hard time throwing a short out route?

LOL.....true, glad we are not in need of a quaterback in this draft

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back