PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank you Hawks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really?

We are now celebrating dirty players diving at the kicker's knees, and horribly indefensible refereeing that gave the game to Seattle on a platter?

I'm sorry but i can't irrationally hate on a team just because they're a divisional rival while supporting sheer incompetence, dirty playing and unsportsmanlike behavior. Had Sherman dove like that on Ghost's knees and had the refs stole the game from us like that, there would be 100 pages of complaining and threats to stop watching the league. It doesn't make it right just because it happens to another team.
Agreed. No matter the team, that was just bad for football.

Referee Walt Anderson So Bad In Bills-Seahawks That Even NFL's Dean Blandino Couldn't Defend Him
Dean Blandino, the NFL’s vice president of officiating, always defends his officials, even when their mistakes are obvious. Yet Anderson and his crew were so bad, so inept on Monday night, that Blandino was left with no choice. He tweeted during the game that they missed an obvious unnecessary roughness penalty, and he admitted after the game that the officiating crew was responsible for the delay of game penalty on Buffalo that followed.
As far as recent prime-time games in Seattle go, this controversial flub still can’t crack the top two. Last year, officials missed a clear and obvious illegal bat in the end zone which, if called correctly by the official staring directly at the play, would have all but guaranteed a Lions victory. Instead, the Seahawks won. And of course, several years ago during the replacement ref era, there was the famed “Fail Mary” ending.
While the missed unnecessary roughness penalty on Sherman and the botched work with the play clock two plays later may not those two recent officiating failures in Seattle, it is still a glaring example of how confidence in NFL referees and officials may have reached an all-time low.

Even the man who’s paid to defend the officiating can’t do it anymore.

Thank you Richard Sherman for showing me how to defend against scrambling QB's i.e. Hit the receivers when the QB is out of the pocket. Some may call it dirty, but I think it was smart.

and also how to prevent an end of half field goal. just old school madden it and tackle the kicker during a dead ball penalty.

It wasn't a dirty hit, look at the kicker faking he was in an incredible amount of pain and the next second when the team doctor comes on to the field he jumps up and he says he is fine and ready to go...obviously their kicker was hit but the acting job was awful!

I'm just happy they lost and we got some distance between us and them.

and also how to prevent an end of half field goal. just old school madden it and tackle the kicker during a dead ball penalty.

Right, take the five yard offsides penalty to get the kicker out for a play. Brilliant.

#integrityofthegame

Anyone but me remember how, when the Bills beat the Patriots, they were headed straight for 5-2 and would compete for the AFC East?

I don't. :)

I think I'd actually like to thank the Bills for giving Seattle a hard time and exposing their line, and exposing holes in their cover 3 zone which is crap without Kam. Wood's big day shows us that it's likely Edelman has another big day. I see us doing plenty of stacked 3x1's and attacking the seams. Stay away from their speedy backers. We should be able to run a balanced offense on them.

Kam is likely for next Sunday, but will definitely not be 100%. Bennett is iffy and unlikely.
Didn't we expose their Cover 3 in 2014, though?

the pats offense which was less loaded than this one tore a stronger seahawks defense a new a-hole in crunch time on neutral territory

at home with this team? I see the pats putting up 40 and the rest of the league basically crossing their fingers to have half of the patriots roster to get injured.......cuz that's what it's going to take

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes