PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank You Cleveland (Sheard)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That list also confirms for me the absolute elite, blue chip talent we have on our front 7. Not only that, but how versatile certain guys are.

God how I wish this D could have stayed healthy....

Hightower FTW!

Its insane.

Combine that with Collins (whos numbers arent shabby either) not also counting all the other responsibilities both guys have to the defense.

I wouldnt trade either of those guys for anyone.

Its insane.

Combine that with Collins (whos numbers arent shabby either) not also counting all the other responsibilities both guys have to the defense.

I wouldnt trade either of those guys for anyone.

Agreed. I just wish BB/Patricia blitzed them more often. Hightower is always disruptive when he blitzes.

Agreed. I just wish BB/Patricia blitzed them more often. Hightower is always disruptive when he blitzes.

I think we saw a lot more blitzes in the first 4 games between them when they were both able to be on the field.

I think we see that return in the playoffs with both being available and aren't afraid to show too much.

That list also confirms for me the absolute elite, blue chip talent we have on our front 7. Not only that, but how versatile certain guys are.

God how I wish this D could have stayed healthy....
Well the only guys on defense out for the year are Tarrell Brown and Dom Easley.

Maybe not everyone's 100% healthy, but it appears most of the guys who can play should be good to go for the playoffs. If no further injuries occur, our game in the divisional round could be the healthiest defense we've seen since the Dallas game.

Ive said this already, and I dont know who agrees with me or not, but Sheard has been our best DE this season.

He was missed when he was out. Same with Hightower and Collins.

Probably would have had a 10-12 sack year if he didn't miss those 4 games. I say 4 because he went out early in the dolts game.

Might still get it if lolphins block for Tannenhill like they did on that one play last week.

Last edited:
Sheard was a beast at University of Pittsburgh, and went on to show his versatility in CLE. Although some blame the switch in schemes as his big downfall, I believe it was more injury related than anything.

I was definitely pretty happy to see him come here in FA.

Probably would have had a 10-12 sack year if he didn't miss those 4 games. I say 4 because he went out early in the dolts game.

Might still get it if lolphins block for Tannenhill like they did on that one play last week.

Its still not out of reach him getting 10. He's at 8 playing the Dolphins...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes