PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Texts says Brady wanted his balls at 13 PSI for the Jets' game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Mark Daniels posted this on his Twitter. One of Jestremski's text stated that the balls were supposed to be at 13 PSI and were at 16 PSI. So if Brady wanted his balls at 13 PSI, why would they need to deflate them after the balls were measured by the refs?

I'm surprised more hasn't been made of this text. Jastremski is saying the balls should've been around 13 psi.

CEqb1flUkAAQuRB.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/MarkDanielsPJ/status/597461247894757376/photo/1

Had Jestremski said the balls should've been around 11, people would've gone nuts. Instead, he's saying they should've been legal.

So much is being made over the "deflator" and "needle" comment, but what about the only text that references psi???

In that text message, by the way, Jastremski is talking to his fiancée.

https://twitter.com/MarkDanielsPJ

The sad part is that, like spygate, the fine details of this are being glossed over and the unsupported narrative, which is easily regurgitated by the public, is going to be the dominating one.

Obviously this was all planned, Brady got wind of the sting, and then took those guys phones and started leaving evidence pointing to his innocence.

There is no proof that brady DIDNT do what I just said so its more probably then not that it happened.

I just don't get what Wells thought he was doing putting that in there. Was it a gotcha type thing that he was talking about PSI? Did he even realize that it is going to bite him in the ass?

Brady's lawyers will argue that Wells goes out on a limb and acts like Jastremski and McNally's texts are a more probable than not admission of guilt but the text message where Jastremski says the refs filled the footballs up 2.5 PSI over regulations when they were suppose to be 13 is ignored.

Also if Jastresmki and Brady were in cahoots about getting balls under regulations why in the hell would he say 13 there and not 11 or 10.5?

Sham report.

The science was proven correct but it didn't fit NFL's narrative and this is what you get.

Only thing McNally might be guilty of is making sure the footballs are around 13 after the refs checked them. Which Brady may not even be aware of what he was doing because I believe there is something in the report where Jastremski says Brady told him to bring the rule of 12.5-13.5 to the refs. Honestly why in the hell would Brady bring up the rule and make the guy bring it to the refs if he was trying to play with under inflated balls? MORONS.

Also here is another thing apparently the Colts caught wind of it when the Pats played them in Indy. Ya uh McNally doesn't travel to road games so any ball that might have been under inflated was a ball that got past the refs when they did their lax inspection.

Last edited:
wells was hired to do a hit job on brady. he was given a conclusion and told to do an investigation around it. this harvard educated lawyer looks like a fool now.

This was the context and purpose of that text message conversation. Douchebag Wells ignored that, cherry picked text messages from which he could creatively draw devious inferences, and then rejected reasonable explanations for them.
This whole thing is a f'ing sham.

Last edited:
Just goes to show you what a little bit of reading can do. Most people just read the headline "Brady more likely guilty than not" and that is that.

Not surprised. Reading isn't very popular in America right now. It's all about watching the TV and being manipulated by whatever the TV says.

the-simpson-pjmagazine.png

TV: "You are watching FOX"

People: "We are watching FOX"

Just goes to show you what a little bit of reading can do. Most people just read the headline "Brady more likely guilty than not" and that is that.

Not surprised. Reading isn't very popular in America right now. It's all about watching the TV and being manipulated by whatever the TV says.

the-simpson-pjmagazine.png

TV: "You are watching FOX"

People: "We are watching FOX"

I don't know. I read the report twice and now I'm furious as I can point out 101 problems with it that the media is overlooking. I would have been happier just watching TV. :)

For wells this is just more proof that Brady wants balls deflated. urging Jez to deflate them at all costs. which of course if it is after refs is illegal. And this is why this system of justice is bs. In Greece we say.." he has the knife and the watermelon"

We are all assuming, hoping that logic will prevail. Of course if logic was involved we never would have got this far.

The sad part is that, like spygate, the fine details of this are being glossed over and the unsupported narrative, which is easily regurgitated by the public, is going to be the dominating one.

Pats fans will read the report. Other fans will not. The question is what is the compelling positive narrative? I think this thread starts out with a good angle: In Jets game, Brady requested legal balls, Refs delivered balloons.

I've heard similar points on talk radio. The idiots out there passing you a football at the bottom of the tested range and a 13psi ball saying "can you get a better grip?" are in Act I of the travesty.

The problem is that the narrative is defensive. I like that "Framegate" is out there. NFL officiating is another possibility - as in this tweet, evidently. Why no investigation at the systemic level, including cheatin' refs?

Unfortunately that has to come from other than the Pats. After the suspension, I'd love for everybody in the Pats organization to open up with both barrels, but probably Kraft's statement - which was a strong one by the way - will be the end of it.

We'll see.

If you say to someone "Taping signals was legal and still is legal the issue was with where the camera was." their eyes glaze over and they don't care because they don't care about being right or wrong they care about the Pats taking it up the ass for the sin of being successful.

If you say to someone "Taping signals was legal and still is legal the issue was with where the camera was." their eyes glaze over and they don't care because they don't care about being right or wrong they care about the Pats taking it up the ass for the sin of being successful.

I agree wholeheartedly, which is why this flimsy "narrative"...understood by the greater masses - i.e. beyond New England...is indeed the main threat to the Patriots' legacy. That is why Kraft (as owner) and Brady (as accused) must fight. As further proof, when the current media pundits offer their opinion on an upcoming punishment for Brady, they typically cite the SpyGate transgression, when the Patriots "stole" the defensive signals from other teams, as the basis for their harsh prognostications. It's got to be stopped.

ANYTHING that is remotely exculpatory toward the Patriots is glossed over. The report is good for one thing only. All 243 pages would be mighty fine piss pads for my dogs.

I wouldn't trust it for that. They might pick up a UTI. :eek:

No, they come back with taping practices. I'm traveling this week so I'm hearing guys in other parts of the country, and even the ones defending Brady say 'the Pats brought this on themselves by taping practices'.

No, they come back with taping practices. I'm traveling this week so I'm hearing guys in other parts of the country, and even the ones defending Brady say 'the Pats brought this on themselves by taping practices'.

I wish there was a "I hate this and I agree with you" post option. Because you're right and it sucks.

so now pats guilty of cheating with overinflated balls

We are all assuming, hoping that logic will prevail. Of course if logic was involved we never would have got this far.

This is the best post I've seen in quite awhile.

It is both sad, yet true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back