PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Terrell Owens fined 'thousands' for dance

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Fun League in full effect. Is there nothing else for these football despots to do other than watch every step T.O. makes?

It was an innocuous and timely celebration. I thought it was funny.:confused:

I'm surprised this is the first incident involving TO this season. :eek:

It really wasn't that bad. It's kind of funny that he did it in a touchdown celebration and it wasn't direct...normally I would expect him to say something in a press conference or something and get in big trouble.

Goodell is out of control. He's going way overboard trying to be a badass.

No Fun League in full effect. Is there nothing else for these football despots to do other than watch every step T.O. makes?

It was an innocuous and timely celebration. I thought it was funny.:confused:

I agree with the ruling and fine, the rule clearly states you can't use the football as a prop during end zone celebrations. It's PROFESSIONAL football folks, not Romper Room. Give clowns like T.O. an inch and they take a mile, making a mockery of the game. He was simply stupid doing what he did, knowing he would get fined. He still can dance and do a million other things to call attention to himself without using the football as a prop.

Last edited:
Tunescribe, the NFL is just another form of ENTERTAINMENT. If many people find it entertaining, why try to restrict it? I don't know a single sane fan who agrees with all the celebration limits. Its a game, let them celebrate how they want.

If what TO did offended you, you need to grow up and stop whining about everything.

Last edited:
It amused me, therefore it cannot be wrong.

I agree with the ruling and fine, the rule clearly states you can't use the football as a prop during end zone celebrations. It's PROFESSIONAL football folks, not Romper Room. Give clowns like T.O. an inch and they take a mile, making a mockery of the game. He was simply stupid doing what he did, knowing he would get fined. He still can dance and do a million other things to call attention to himself without using the football as a prop.

Newsflash: It's SPORTS. It's not a boardroom or a courtroom. People taking sports so seriously is what leads to the sanctimonious responses to the whole "spygate" debacle. I want to be entertained and not lectured about proper decorum for players when I watch football. I refuse to wilt to this downtrodden view of sports.

Ridiculous fine. He was just having fun.

Tunescribe, the NFL is just another form of ENTERTAINMENT. If many people find it entertaining, why try to restrict it? I don't know a single sane fan who agrees with all the celebration limits. Its a game, let them celebrate how they want.

If what TO did offended you, you need to grow up and stop whining about everything.

You are the one whining, not I. I just said I agree with the rule and its enforcement. The rule was established for a reason, don't you think? Perhaps you might want to consider "growing up" and taking pause to consider such minor details.

T.O. did not offend me, but he has no right to complain about the rule being enforced. He knew what it was ahead of time and paid a similar penalty last year for using the ball as a "pillow" in the end zone after a score.

As long as celebrations don't mock/get-in-the-face-of opponents, players should be allowed to dance/do-whatever as long as its short.

The camera thing was humourous. It adds a bit of entertainment. The fine is ridiculous.

I think it is stupid to fine him too....the 15 yard penalty was enough punishment. (and it shouldn't be a rule)

use the football as a prop ok using other props maybe overboard.

was Chad johnson fined for that jacket he used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back