PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Terdell Sands Provided Push Up Front

Status
Not open for further replies.
I woudnt call it pathetic. He had a good rookie year in 06 and lead the team in rushing in 07 in a pass happy offense. Getting hurt last year was not his fault. He needs to find his mojo this year no question and live with the fact that he will get hit and be satisfied with a 2 yrd gain sometimes. Plus you look at Faulk, Taylor and Morris and they are ALWAYS falling forward and their pads are low. LoMo just doesnt do that consisitently enough. He thinks hes Eric ****erson or Eddie George. Problem is he isn't 230 lbs.

It that type of production what you would expect from a mid 1st round pick? I'd expected more. But he hasn't been pathetic.

Reggie Dupard was pathetic.

Well,maybe Pathetic seems a bit extravagant but realizing that LoMo was a first round pick and has done virtually nothing to be considered as a reason why we won any game he was in since he has been here draws me closer to that term.

IHe needs to find his mojo this year no question and live with the fact that he will get hit and be satisfied with a 2 yrd gain sometimes. Plus you look at Faulk, Taylor and Morris and they are ALWAYS falling forward and their pads are low. LoMo just doesnt do that consisitently enough. He thinks hes Eric ****erson or Eddie George. Problem is he isn't 230 lbs.

You do realize that he actually loses yardage less often than any of the other backs on the team right? He's the one most likely to get atleast 2 yards.

Well,maybe Pathetic seems a bit extravagant but realizing that LoMo was a first round pick and has done virtually nothing to be considered as a reason why we won any game he was in since he has been here draws me closer to that term.

Did you watch the playoffs in 2007? Or the second half of the season for that matter?\

Also, what the hell does him being a first round pick have to do with anything at this point?

can we agree on defining him as an enigmatic, fragile, underperforming tease?:p

Where is that "I don't like where this thread is going" pic when we need it?

Where is that "I don't like where this thread is going" pic when we need it?

I bet if we tried Sands out at tailback he'd get 2 yards by just falling over.

Imagine trying to tackle a 6'7" 350 lb guy?

You do realize that he actually loses yardage less often than any of the other backs on the team right? He's the one most likely to get atleast 2 yards.

I am aware and that is a viable stat. The most likely to get 2yds? if I needed 2 yds I woudnt give the ball to Maroney. 1 Taylor 2. Morris.

The problem is that in a year that is for all intents and purposes his make or break with this team, he is averaging 2.9 ypc with a long gain of 12yds. He is not playing to his potential or to the team's needs and the expectations of a mid 1st round pick. IMO afraid to slam into a hole inside the line. IMO he does dance around the LoS more than the other runners but because of his quickness, is able to get back to the LoS in the nick of time.

Last edited:
Did you watch the playoffs in 2007? Or the second half of the season for that matter?\

Also, what the hell does him being a first round pick have to do with anything at this point?

In 2007 opposing teams were more concerned with Brady and the passing game in 2007 to worry about Maroney and the running game and therfore defenses practically gave the run up to some extent to avoid the big plays all over the field.

The OL was also overated that year,Few teams were foolish to try and blitz Brady with so many weapons so of course the OL looked better as well.

As far as a 1st round pick?,Hell yeah I expect a first round pick to do something in 4 years...at least Addai helped his team win the SB,Jones-Drew is a superstar for the Jags,Reggie Bush is an awesome player catching short outs and even Lendale White is looking better as he gets a little thinner, Maroney has done little...period.

Back to Terdell the original topic at hand,We can bash Maroney in the other 100 threads on the subject....:)

Last edited:
I bet if we tried Sands out at tailback he'd get 2 yards by just falling over.

Imagine trying to tackle a 6'7" 350 lb guy?

make Refigerator Perry look like Lionel "Little Train" James.

In 2007 opposing teams were more concerned with Brady and the passing game in 2007 to worry about Maroney and the running game and therfore defenses practically gave the run up to some extent to avoid the big plays all over the field.

Do you actually watch Patriots fans, or just read Peter King?

Maroney, in 2007, may have been the worst pass blocking RB in football. Nobody was "giving up the run" when he was on the field. Kevin Faulk, yes. Maroney, Absolutely not.

Last edited:
Do you actually watch Patriots fans, or just read Peter King?

Maroney, in 2007, may have been the worst pass blocking RB in football. Nobody was "giving up the run" when he was on the field. Kevin Faulk, yes. Maroney, Absolutely not.

What the hell are you talking about?

If you read my point,I was talking about opposing DEFENSES not paying a lot of attention to the run in 2007 and more towards the passing game which was going out of control thus the rushing attack didn't have lineman clogging the line as normal and the RBs had a slightly easier time to make a play.

BTW: Why would I be watching Patriots fans? - I prefer watching Patriots games

Last edited:
----------

Last edited:
----------

Thanks for pointing this out.
If you want to discuss Maroney Bust blah blah, there's probably 100 threads devoted to that.

This THREAD IS ABOUT SANDS
Who stands 6"8 and 355 lbs.
AND must learn to play lower!!!!

Oh sure, that's why in all those 3rd and 1's and 4th and 1's, Bill has always chosen Maroney to carry the ball... :rolleyes:

Ok, back to Topic, sorry about that! Terdell Sands is a monster. I remember reading about the whole Lechler thing and I thought that was pretty crazy for someone like him to pick on the Punter. I didn't realize it was Lechler talking smack about his wife.

Last edited:
Thanks for pointing this out.
If you want to discuss Maroney Bust blah blah, there's probably 100 threads devoted to that.

This THREAD IS ABOUT SANDS
Who stands 6"8 and 355 lbs.
AND must learn to play lower!!!!

But this board is about finding people on the Pats to hate and saying they must be benched or cut in lieu of someone who looked good in preseason.

Sands hasn't been around long enough to rack up fan anger or failings, so that's strike one. And few people think Wilfork is a bum who needs to be gotten rid of, so that's strike two. And then someone brought up the running backs, a position where there are four potential binkies who run real hard, so that's strike three and a bat snapped over the knee.

What patsfans is subtly trying to tell you is that if you want to talk Terdell Sands, don't. Do what the rest of us do, ***** about him whenever he does something bad in the game threads, make comment after comment about you expecting more from a player and about him being a dissappointment in "stock" threads, and gradually work your way up to starting threads about him (Sands or Wilfork) after every game.

You'll have to grind your ax if you want to be a lumberjack.

The way people go on about Maroney around here all I can think of is the Neverending Story...

And the nothing is winning.:eek:

And you come to that conclusion how?....

And you come to that conclusion how?....

This thread is just going off-topic way to easily, but to even ask such a question is insane. What in the hell do you mean how? Watch the games.

Can we please either make a new thread or something? This has become a misleading title.

HIJACK WARNING: Anyone who posts more about Maroney in this thread will be booted from the thread.

And now, back to Terdell Sands: The Man, The Legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes