PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Terdell Sands Provided Push Up Front

Status
Not open for further replies.
You bet, he was part of the blockbuster trade in which we sent Richard Seymour, a 2010 3rd and a 2010 5th to Oakland for Derrick Burgess, Terdell Sands and a 2011 1st. ;)

And Andrew Walter too ... oops. :D

There was one shot of Sands standing on the sideline next to Wilfork. He totally dwarfed Big Vince. The man is humongous. If he can actually stuff the run up the middle, get some push, and allow our LBs to shoot the gaps, that would be enormous.

I am hoping he is better playing than his first name.. TURDell

Huh? It's TERDell.

Also today they mentioned that TBC won the belt for this week, but what is interesting is that it was noted that Sands was also in competition for it so it shows that he really put in some work in practice.. always an encouraging sign.

Please post the youtube of your telling this to him in person. Guarantee that will light up the 'net.

Doesn't Youtube have a policy against excess violence?

Doesn't Youtube have a policy against excess violence?

Only if it's an unrestricted path to the victim with a flagrant hit below the knees. Given his height, I don't think Terdell has to worry about that.

A goal line D line consisting of Sands/Brace/Wilfork will make Wilfork the lightest of the bunch. If you can believe that. And should make running up the middle incredibly difficult.

Scary thought if I'm the rest of the NFL.

So why was he cutaroo from the Raiders?

Can't be just simple incompetence....and why wasn't he signed by another team aroo?

Isn't it because players actually WANT to play for the patriots?........why?..........because they play the best players.....regardless of reputation(see Jamarcus Russel)............the faiders,won't even consider playing a 3-4,even with Seymour.The Pats play more alignments then any team in the NFL.............can you picture Indy picking up Sands?............no way......doesn't fit...................BB adapts the system to the players and the team that we are playing,better than any team in history........period.

Many Raider fans who just saw the depth chart that the Raiders recently released may have a few questions.

One question I asked myself was, where is Terdell Sands?

He isn't even listed on the roster.

Thank God.

This comes as a surprise to some because Sands was expected to remain on the roster, splitting time at nose with Gerard Warren. Because Sands fits two out of three of Al Davis' infamous drafting criteria of "HWS" (height, weight, speed), many suspected the old man would have a say in keeping him.

At 6'7", 335-plus pounds, and often overweight, this D-tackle has been nicknamed "Turtle" Sands, the turd, and numerous other nicknames involving expletives.

Due to his lack of conditioning, subpar play, and character issues, he is often outmatched on the field, leaving Raider linebackers to fend off O-linemen.

Many fans would even blame him for the Raiders' dismal run defense. Since he's been a Raider, the best run defense the team has posted is 22nd.

I will even go as far as to blame Sands for the heat Kirk Morrison takes.

Last year, under Rob Ryan, after a victory over the Broncos, Shane Lechler said a few things about Sands' wife. Even though whatever Lechler said was probably true, Sands proceeded to punch him in the face, reportedly breaking his nose.

Both players continued the season with no punishment. Lechler continued his Pro Bowl year, and Sands continued to suck.

When I heard about this, I figured, hey, one of our worst players nearly injured one of our best...it's time to show this guy the door.

Fortunately for us, Lechler manned up and played.

Sands' inconsistent play has continued recently, as reports from practice have him on his back a few times a day, being bullied by the likes of Samson Satele and even Paul McQuistan.

Unlike Ryan, it would seem John Marshall doesn't put up with overweight, under-conditioned head cases.

Marshall has even gone as far as displacing Sands with Desmond Bryant, an undrafted rookie who has been impressive in camp, and with Ryan Boschetti, an offseason acquisition known for his nonstop motor. Marshall obviously values effort and potential over height and weight.

So what are the Raiders going to do with Sands?

I would suspect they are going to hold onto him until final cuts and maybe try to get a trade out of him. Nose tackles are a very valuable commodity. But unfortunately for the Raiders, only good ones are of value.

So what is Sands worth?

Well, not much right now. Maybe his value will go up if another team faces an injury on its D-line; then his value might increase to a sixth or seventh-round pick.

But as of right now, I'm sure the Raider Nation would take a Big Mac and fries if any team was willing to take this piling heap of dead weight off our hands.

I would like to see what everyone else thinks. Is Sands really as bad as we all thought? What do you think the Raiders will do with him?

Will Terdell Sands Finally Be Booted by the Raiders? | Bleacher Report

I'm not ready to fit him a bust for Canton just yet, but I am intrigued at the possibility of another Mt. Washington in the middle of our DL. As scathing as the Bleacher Report may seem, it's also not the only time that I've read about Sands' lack of effort, conditioning & composure - IOW, behaving like a typical Raider. But now that his big-money contract is gone (not incl. his signing bonus), maybe he'll play with hunger (not for food, obviously) for the first time in 6 years. Unemployment, however brief, will do that to a man sometimes, unless that (wo)man's name is ManJudas.

What concerns me still is that we now have 3 roster spots assigned to 2-down space-eating NTs, when 2 spots are typical; wherefore art thou, Ronald Brace?

Anyone can write articles for Bleacher Report.. all you have to do is sign up.

OK. Never the less some of the fans there did not like him and thought he was lazy.

You have to also keep in mind.. he was playing for the Raiders. Apparently (and this is pure speculation) nobody wants to play there anymore. :D

What are you talking about? He did come from the Raiders but was not part of any trade. He was released by the Raiders, nothing more.

haha, are you serious. obviously they were separate trades, and the poster knew that...there were just a flurry of transactions, which when combined, look like the "blockbuster trade" he was talking about...wow, youre dense

OK. Never the less some of the fans there did not like him and thought he was lazy.

Another ex-Raider/current Patriot was reported as being lazy and having character problems while with them. Can't remember his name, but I think he ended up being an OK acquisition.

Yeah, he showed enough for Crazy Al to give him a ridiculous contract....

Whatever that means to you;)

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Shall we nickname him "Kitty" for short?

Works for me, but not to his face... if the persistent "I know for a fact some players or their families actually read Patsfans.com" claim has any shred of truth, put it on the bulletin board and take it out on the Donks...

We kid because we love, Kitty.

PFnV

Last year, under Rob Ryan, after a victory over the Broncos, Shane Lechler said a few things about Sands' wife. Even though whatever Lechler said was probably true, Sands proceeded to punch him in the face, reportedly breaking his nose.

Both players continued the season with no punishment. Lechler continued his Pro Bowl year, and Sands continued to suck.

When I heard about this, I figured, hey, one of our worst players nearly injured one of our best...it's time to show this guy the door.

Fortunately for us, Lechler manned up and played.

1) If you talk smack about a man's wife, you deserve to get punched. Repeatedly.

2) When you have to take the time to mention that your punter is one of your best players, your team sucks.

3) Lechler "manned up" and punted.

4) Are Raider fans still pretending that Cable can get anyone to play hard for him?

Sands doesnt seem to have much balance and he falls down a lot. If sand learns to play lower in his stance, he would be a solid nose tackle.

I like him as a pass rusher more than a run stuffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back