PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tenn Ranks 32nd VS Pass Catching RBs

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least according to the metrics Football Outsiders uses.

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2017 DEFENSE EFFICIENCY RATINGS

That's a pretty devastating stat for Titans fans to look at when you look at the RB group as pass catchers for Tom.

And 24th against TE's. Interestingly, Pitt is the top rated team against TEs and Gronk killed them in the 4th quarter. The rest of the contenders:
Vikes - 2nd
Saints - 6th
Patriots - 8th
Falcons - 14th
Iggles - 17th
Jags - 20th

Vikes were also the top team against receiving RBs. Here's how the rest of the field looks:

Iggles - 1oth
Saints - 12th
Jags - 15th
Steelers - 23rd
Falcons - 21st
Pats - 22nd

Between that and Brady looking like he's on a mission starting today, I'm going to start looking into some player prop bets for Saturday's game.

"32nd against pass catching RB's...

tenor.gif

...excellent." :)

They should have even more room to operate since I don’t see anyone on that defense that can cover Gronk which means they will be doubling him early and often.

sounds like a good game for burkhead/lewis/white. they seem weak against the Tight ends as well.

Kelce was eating them up prior to getting a concussion.

"32nd against pass catching RB's...

tenor.gif

...excellent." :)

Hahah.

I get that anything can happen and the pats need to play well, but that’s a real bad sign for the Titans.

Peter King and his doofus analysis was raving about 31 year old wesley woodyard. Tenn will try to plan and it’s swing passes to the rbs all night and delayed draws out of the shotgun as well for brady and company.

Last edited:
It shouldn’t be a surprise that a team starting Jonathan Cyprien struggles against tight ends, but I did think Wesley Woodyard was better than that against running backs. His tackles are way up from past seasons, but coverage ability has slipped.

It shouldn’t be a surprise that a team starting Jonathan Cyprien struggles against tight ends, but I did think Wesley Woodyard was better than that against running backs. His tackles are way up from past seasons, but coverage ability has slipped.

I really wanted the Pats to draft Woodyard in the late rounds in 2008 - and was really disappointed that the Broncos snagged him as a UDFA.

All these posts about cats leaves me with one feeling:
This board is going to the dogs!

Anyone been reading the Titans messageboards? These people are going to be very disappointed come Saturday night. They're rivaling Jets fans for delusion levels.

Basically, they are gushing over all the anti-Pats rhetoric on all the talk shows and taking it as a gospel.

They're ignoring the facts and actually are thinking they're team is a playoff team, as opposed to one that eeked in there.

It's very strange. Our approach would be something like this:

"it will take a perfect game and the opponent would need to play poorly.."

If anyone is disrespecting the Pats, it's the Titans and their fans.

Apparently, we've played the whole year with our A Squad for 16 games, have the worst D in the league, Brady is done, the weather favors Hawaii-born Mariota, and just because, it's the Titans time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes