PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tedy B: "I still think about" SB42 loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse me while I jump out of a window after reading this thread. I thought I forgot the pain that game brought me, but now its coming back and I hate my life right now.

Dear Tedy,

I find that drinking helps. Particularly late into the evenings so that when I pass out in the alley near my home, the alcohol dulls my brain enough to sleep and not to let those dark thoughts crawl into my head.

Sincerely
PiNY

:eat3:

WOW.

I can't BELIEVE how uniformly disconsolate my fellow Patriot Fans are.

MOST fans ~ of most other teams ~ would've found their way PAST all that, by now.

Not YOU.

For what it's worth, gents...your collective reaction makes me EXTREMELY proud to count myself amongst you.

If you don't put your WHOLE HEART into it...you got NOTHING.

Keep the Faith, Brothers: I believe we are exactly one Draft away from Recommencement.

And it will be such as has never before been seen.

It's not your imagination, I've noticed it for the last 3 or so years. i can't tell you how many commercials i see with the patriots getting ran over, sacked, or bombed on.
Yeah thats about right when i think about it. We were really hated then, the 16-0 season.

Last edited:
The worst part of all this is (well, one of the many many "worst" parts) is that Brady didn't get his 4th SB win. He would have done it faster than Joe Montana and at a far earlier point in his career AND with a perfect season. All it would have taken is 1 more SB win (which is still gonna happen, keep the faith) and he would be undeniably the greatest QB to ever play the game.

But because of the worst luck a professional team has ever had (besides the Cubs) Brady was denied even though he did everything he needed to do to win the game. He put together the last minute TD drive that should have won the game.

To add MEGA insult to injury, if we won, we would have had the first game of the next season on Thursday night and it wouldn't have been against the Chiefs. That's right, Brady wouldn't have been injured and would have had another great season.

F*** SB 42 :bricks:

I love the way Bruschi responded last year after Polian cited the '07 Pats SB loss as the reason you don't try for perfection. Tedy, naturally, didn't back down. The whole episode was another reason I was so happy to see the C-words lose.

ESPN NFL Video: Bruschi Calls Out Polian, Colts - Watch Online

Absolutely BEAUTIFULL.

No Yankee needs Bruschi's Greatness explained to them, but if anyone hasn't seen this video ~ I had NOT!! ~ I BEG of you to watch it.

As everybody knows: Teddy Ice Cold GETS it.

Hell, that's like saying ************ gets Christianity.

FOOTBALL...is one of a kind.

It is a WARRIOR'S Sport.

And it offers the Opportunity...for Immortality.

The Patriots of The Opening Decade...have EARNED their Immortality...as Teddy has earned HIS.

Teddy Ice Cold Bruschi IS Achilles.

The COLTS, on the other hand...are the TROJANS of the FootBall World.

And if anyone thinks that that's anything but an INSULT...you need to correct your understanding of things.

I really remember waking up the next morning, and it felt the same way it had when a girlfriend dumped me or something really bad happened. Sounds ridiculous, but the morning after I couldn't accept what happened it was just so wierd laying in bed thinking what the **** just happened...what the **** just happened :bricks:

It honestly never loses its sting, it never will. No win will ever make up for what could have been that night. I'm not a negative type of guy but that painful loss stands out so much more to me than the super bowls. It's like I need a super bowl at least to let go of that for a bit. It's just hard to accept still, it feels like it never really happened today like it did the morning after. Sucks :(

So while sitting there getting drunk after the end of the game, the network added insult to injury and ran this:

perfectville.jpg

I had already tossed back the bottle of tequila and was well on my way to a blackout by the time that commercial came on. :(

I hope everybody knows that that game should have ended on the tyree catch. a clock "malfunction" gave the giants nearly a minute of extra time.

Heres proof for anyone who wants to face the harsh reality that we were robbed.

YouTube - Patriots robbed of superbowl vs. Giants

INDEED, sir.

I try VERY hard NOT to bytch and moan about the Evil that's been perpetrated against The Dynasty, but there's no question that:

1 ~ The Refs GIFT WRAPPED Super Bowl 42 to the Giants, with their DIABOLICAL rape of the Play Clock.

2 ~ The Refs GIFT WRAPPED Super Bowl 41 to the Colts, GIVING that Final Four game to them, including that #$%& Pass Interference call on Hobbs for which the vile, scumbag ref was required to issue a formal Letter of Apology, after the season!!

That's at LEAST 2 Super Bowls that we were JANKED out of, WITHOUT question.

That's all just 2 things. 1: the manifestation of the fact that New York ~ which has hated and resented Boston, New England, and ALL us Yankees ever since we initiated The American Revolution in 1775, and those New York pansies (yes: redundant) didn't have the cajones to vote FOR The Declaration of Independence ~ DOMINATES the media and the media money, even so far as to get one of their own ~ a vile Scum Bag named Goodell ~ elected Commissioner ~ and, in so doing, poison every telecast of every game, and permeate their pernicious poison all the way down the ranks...even as far as to sway the Refs.

And 2: The bizarre tendency of a LOT of folks to hate and resent the Champions, regardless of how admirable the Champions may BE...and the only thing I admire MORE about this team than its Championships ~ OUR Championships ~ is the WAY they've gone about representing themselves...and representing US.

I really wish Tedy wasn't on ESPN.

Nothing to do with this topic/chat, but when I see him on NFL live with those morons it just makes me cringe.

I really remember waking up the next morning, and it felt the same way it had when a girlfriend dumped me or something really bad happened. (

Well, at least you could sleep. Every time I even dozed off for the next couple of nights, I'd see Manning escaping a sure sack, Tyree not dropping a sure incompletion, or Asante &^%ing Samuel letting a sure intercption go through his hands.

Wound reopened. There with you Tedy, I'll never get over it. I've never even watched so much as a replay of any moment in that game, and I probably never will. As so many others have said, as a player, Tedy will always have the deeper pain. He was there, and he'll never have that chance again. As a fan, I'll always have hope.

Still, at least the Pats had the balls to go for it. The Colts will forever live with the fact that they never even tried. I'd rather 18-1, leaving it all out on the table, than 15-3 with the backup QB embarrassing himself on national TV, while the franchise looks on helplessly from the sidelines.

Last edited:
I think about this like it was yesterday. I said the day of the nightmare that I will never, ever, ever get over this and I was not being dramatic. I never will. And I can't watch a single second of that game. Not a single one. I still remember sitting up all night posting on the makeshift board Ian had to set up because the main one crashed. You guys were the only ones I wanted to talk to. :(

Still, at least the Pats had the balls to go for it. The Colts will forever live with the fact that they never even tried. I'd rather 18-1, leaving it all out on the table, than 15-3 with the backup QB embarrassing himself on national TV, while the franchise looks on helplessly from the sidelines.

We have bingo!

I almost didn't start this thread because I know how depressing that game was to all of us. What Tedy said today wasn't much, but it's so rare to hear from any of the players about that '07 team.

Fans around the country like to rub this one in the faces of Pats fans. (I've even seen some references from people saying we Pats fans are delusional, that we all think the team went 19-0. If you're one of these people, read this thread - we very much know they lost the Super Bowl.) Here's how I see it:

One team loses the Super Bowl every year.

Only one team went into the game 18-0. Fair enough.

And only one team intentionally threw away the chance to go into the Super Bowl 18-0. Then lost the game.

Which is worse? Fans nationwide are catching on to the C-words, but they still harp on the 07 Pats, and I take that as an indication of how great this Patriots franchise has been since 2001 (you might say '96, with a slight derailment, but ...). After all, no one hates bad opponents.

I'll take this historic run, SB42 and all, over anything I've experienced as a Sports fan, and that goes back to the early 1970s. And, Gasper be d*mned, I feel confident it will continue.

Mmmm, thassit.

I hate Super Bowl 42. It's a permanent scar. But that's the risk that comes with rooting for a team that dares to be great. It's bothersome because you remember when this franchise was the laughing stock for its losing seasons, and you felt like the world was laughing when our Patriots lost that Super Bowl. If you weren't a devoted fan, you shrugged because it didn't mean as much, or you didn't want to admit it.

I couldn't sleep that night. I was a zombie that week. And that wouldn't happen if I didn't care a little too much about the Patriots.

That's the risk. When they do win it, boy, does it feel good. It really does. But when they lose, it's the pits.

I want to be a passive sports fan, but it's not in my DNA. I'm a competitive person by nature, and even as silly as it sounds, even though I don't have a hand in it, I want my team to beat everyone else's. Every. Single. Time.

If SB 42 still bugs the hell out of you, then that means you have a pulse. Nothing will ever change what happened, you can't chase the past. But remember that while they weren't always kind to us, 6 Super Bowl appearances in the last 25 years is the most of any NFL franchise in that timespan, and we have one of the greatest QB/coach/owner tandems in league history keeping this team on top. Lament the past if you must but enjoy the present because all things considered, we didn't always have it this good.

DAMNED good point, sir, as many others have stated well ~ though none so well as Teddy Ice Cold Bruschi, himself.

My two favorite things about being a devoted Fanatic and Partner in the Glories and Travails of the New England FootBall Patriots:

1 ~ We're the #$%&ing PATRIOTS.

2 ~ We're NOT the #$%&ing COLTS.

Why did they have to bring this up?

FMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFML

Sometimes I still hear 18-1 from people here in Cincy

The ONLY thing that will make it somewhat better, is a 19-0 Season.

Maybe not this year.. but fix the defense and sign moss, keep welker around, and damn it all we have a chance. We all know how bad Moss wants it... Brady is not done winning SBs! He wont settle and niether will we!

Again, FML and delete this damn thread, I was having a fantastic day until I opened this, I don't think I even left my room for a week when this happened, never wore my humble pie shirt again after that.. I hadnt washed my jersey all year it had food and beer stains on it.. but who cares they were undefeated.. then.. that happened. FML. Sometimes it makes me want to die.

Premonition? I watched none but a few minutes of it, and am grateful for the fact.

Meh, the team was flat that day and the Giants just wanted it more. Had we lost in that epic last RS game, it might have been a different story.

But despite Tedy's take on coaching vs. player execution, most of that loss was on the coaches. There's a reason Pees and McDaniels are no longer employed by the NEP (and yes, BB could have easily talked McD into staying another year had he felt there was any benefit to be gained).

Even though McDaniels presided over the 2007 offensive juggernaut, he still clearly wasn't up to the task of making in-game adjustments that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes