Welcome to PatsFans.com

Tedy B: "I still think about" SB42 loss

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Uncle Rico, Sep 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#70 Jersey
    From today's ESPN chat. He feels our pain. Or is it we who feel his pain? probably both.

Very classy comments about teammates.

Chat: Chat with Tedy Bruschi - SportsNation - ESPN Boston
  2. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Glad I am not alone
  3. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Right there with you 54.... Right there with you buddy. :mad:
  4. Sicilian

Sicilian Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Unfortunately, the only thing that would make it better would be going 19-0 in another season. Something I don't expect to see in my lifetime (or 21-0 if they expand the schedule), but at least as a fan there is a CHANCE we'll see it with our team. For a former player, that opportunity will never come again.
  5. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#70 Jersey
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  6. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Me too Teddy, me too. Its still a dark cloud hanging over my life.
  7. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

That's gotta be Patjew who asked him that early question about Randy Moss.
  8. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

9. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I can only imagine the pain they feel. I still think about that game often - far, far, far too often - and I'm just a fan. This is their livelihood, not just their profession, but a passion. The feeling of "what-if" they must have over that game will undoubtedly stick with them for the rest of their lives.

That said, particularly now with the Colts cowardice and failure to go for perfection, that 2007 team has nothing to be ashamed of. It should be proud of its accomplishments.
  10. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Wow.

That picture honestly makes me want to kill myself.
  11. makoute

makoute Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I have blocked it out of my memory, and every once in a while, I get a reminder from this site, or some stupid NFL commercial.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  12. 51Hits

51Hits Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

That picture sums it up for me. In such disbelier you want to think your in some kind of dream or something. I remember just screaming NOOOOOOOOOO because I was in such disbalief. This thread just needs to go.:(
  13. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

The NFL Network commercial with the Tyree pass has probably taken years off my life. It's sort of funny that, in real life, I'm an extremely mild-mannered person (take my word for it). Yet, its a good thing I don't have any sharp objects in my living room or I'd have probably jammed it through my jugular at this point thanks to that MFing commercial.
  14. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Oh man, that was a sad day. I remember I took work off the next day and got drunk and watched the highlights on NFLN.

G-men where a flash in the pan like I said at the time, they had no business taking history away....

Its all good, in some small town in Africa we are 19-0! least they think so:p
  15. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

[​IMG]

This thread has ruined my afternoon.
  16. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

The worst was waking up the next morning. There was about a good 5-10 seconds before I remembered what transpired the night before. That might've been the last time I was happy. (J/K).
  17. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I actually close my eyes and hit mute when the Strahan and Tyree portions of that commercial come on. It makes me want to vomit.
  18. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That close. Man. Seeing that, Moss really could've gone up and got that without Webster getting a hand on that.

Excuse me while I go vomit all over myself.
  19. Synovia

Synovia Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Hey, if the ball hadn't been underthrown, its a touchdown. Moss had Webster beat by about 3 steps when the ball was released.
  20. jdwad246

jdwad246 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I am right there with everyone, I still think about it way too much. I try to look at it from a positive standpoint - three super bowl wins, taking a perfect season to the absolute last minute. I believe that the 2004 Pats would have beat the 2007 Pats - better D, balanced offense. the 2007 team was a great team, but the league caught up to them by the end. It would have been a struggle to beat the Chargers in the AFC championship had they been healthy. That being said, there cannot be a more painful way for that season to have ended. But we have dealt with it, and there is probably no other loss that could possibly hurt as worse, so we got that going for us...
  21. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Ok, after those Moss pics I'm with you. If a Tyree pictures shows up, I'm going to smash and jump out a 13th floor window.
  22. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

If you notice, Moss is at about the 15 yard line. Brady threw it from about the opposing 15 (at least, maybe more like the 10). Thats over 70 yards in the air. That is the very limits of Brady - or any QB - in terms of airring it out. If Moss can't make up for three inches, then he's not the best downfield receiver in the game. He is, but he was gassed. On a very similar play in the 08 playoffs, Larry Fitzgerald jumped and snatched the ball from surrounding DBs. Moss had to do that on that play if we were going to win or tie.

Besides, I defy you to find me an angle at which that ball can be thrown so that Webster can't leap up and knock it away from Moss and or Moss isn't required to get up to make the catch. Highpointing a ball beats the basket catch every time.
  23. FCB02062

FCB02062 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

For me, that was the day the music died as a Patriots fan. I'm still a fan and watch every game, I'm just not "into" it as I used to be. I still despise the NYJ, Indianapolis, and the Pats-hating media, but a part of me left on that Sunday. I know it's "only a game", but how many times in history has one team's fans been on the cusp of being able to proclaim, "my team is the greatest team ever" and having it be FACT not OPINION? It just doesn't seem real, even to this day. The final drive for the NYG was just a confluence of events that doomed the Patriots. The Patriots had what, three or four legitimate chances to seal the game on that final drive? I guess in some sort of cosmic, metaphysical way, the NYG were meant to win that game...at least that's how I make myself feel better about it. The only thing that will put 100% of the passion back in it for me is another title. Now, enough about that - let's have a good season, folks...
  24. Synovia

Synovia Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Oh, of course. But Moss had Webster beaten BADLY. The ball should have come in about 10 feet over Webster's head.
  25. TheComeback

TheComeback Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

It took me a while to get over that loss, but this line of thinking is what helped me. The 2009 season really helped to put into perspective what that group of players was able to accomplish. All those teams trying to go 19-0, and either failing or not having the guts to even try... it says something about the kind of team we had that year. Those guys were special.

In the end, we lost to a hungry team that felt like it had been written off all season long. The Giants came out and played one of the best games in Super Bowl history.

There's nothing else you can say. We essentially lost to another team with a Patriots mentality. They didn't care who they were playing; they just came out, did their jobs, and played their hearts out. They were 10-6 and beat an undefeated team on the biggest stage of their careers. TBH, I don't think any other team from the NFC would've beaten the Pats in the Super Bowl.

At the same time, you can't take away what the Patriots did that year--no other team in history could have pulled off what they accomplished with the kind of pressure they were under every game after Spygate.

As time goes on, I think the 2007 Patriots will gain more and more respect as people's jealousy of the Pats in general fades into history. They did so many amazing things that year that you could make a great movie out of it. NFL Films will undoubtedly do something cool with them; there's too much controversy involved not to.

Even though they didn't win the Super Bowl, I can't think of another team in sports history that played better than the 2007 Patriots during those first 8 weeks. I know, the regular season doesn't matter, but if it did we'd easily beat out the Colts just because of 2007 by itself. That was something I don't think we'll ever see again, from the Patriots or anyone else.
  26. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

So while sitting there getting drunk after the end of the game, the network added insult to injury and ran this:

[​IMG]
  27. sbpatfan

sbpatfan Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

It sucks, but like someone else already mentioned, the Colts kind of made up for it by 1) being cowards and 2) losing the way they did.

Maybe we went 18-1 but atleast our organization isn't full of pussys.
  28. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

If anything then, Brady should've thrown it sooner, so Moss could reach that spot before Webster could catch up. Brady couldn't have put that ball any farther out, so it was just a timing issue. That said, I think Brady's throw was damn near-perfect all things considered, and Moss could've gone up for it and set us up for a FG. Instead, he tried to catch it in stride and turn it into a game ending 6. Which, honestly, was about the length of Webster's finger away from happening. And would've gone down as unquestionably the greatest play in the history of the sport. Ultimately I'm don't want to fault Moss' strategy on the play though. Webster made a miraculous play on the ball, himself. It happens. It would've been the hail-mary of all hail-marys had it gone down.

More heart-wrenching thoughts.
  29. rbh24

rbh24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Worst day ever....Maybe Brady and co will avenge this loss.
  30. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I agree. For that, the season should be cherished - we witnessed something truly epic.

It's as bitter-sweet as it gets.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.