PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Teddy Bridgewater visiting Patriots on Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all seriousness they may be looking at the big name top of draft guys to give them a comparative benchmark for evaluating possible QBs that they could take in the late rounds to groom to be ready as a Mallet #2 QB replacement in 2015. Get a feel for the state of the talent fresh out of college.

I think this spot on although I think it's not limited to 2015. I think we're talking about a Brady-replacement trial run. The team now has a comprehensive grade on most of the top QBs and can compare that with how they play over the next 2-3 years so that the team can then know how they need to tweak their QB evaluation process when the time comes to get Brady's replacement.

I would rather have Manziel than Bridgewater.

In all honesty, if the pats feel they bridgewater is the next great QB and he falls to them at 29, they have to draft him...regardless of how many years brady has left. This is what indy did when they dumpd manning and took luck. I'm not advocating that brady get traded, but rather let bridgewater to be his backup for a few years like rodgers was to favre.

If teddy bridgewater is not taken by the Vikings at 8, there is a good shot he'll slide out of round 1. No team after he vikings really need a QB.

But by your reasoning the teams between 9 and 28 HAVE to draft him, OK situations like the Colts with Luck excepted.

I'm against pissing away a #1 pick who SHOULD be able to step in right away and help push for a ring in Brady's last few years.

Brady will play out his contract until he is 40 at least. I hope then they sign a 2 year deal for him playing till 42. And I hope the medicine advances until there so he can play until his 50's.

No need to hurry, if we draft a QB this year he will play the same as Mallet.

All he needs to do is punch a cop and get picked #198

I would rather have Manziel than Bridgewater.
Truth be told there's not one Quarterback I particularly want on the Patriots out of this year's draft. A lot strike me as guys who could be very good but not cornerstone guys.

But by your reasoning the teams between 9 and 28 HAVE to draft him, OK situations like the Colts with Luck excepted.

I'm against pissing away a #1 pick who SHOULD be able to step in right away and help push for a ring in Brady's last few years.

Well, I said if the PATRIOTS feel like he's he next nxt big thing, then they should take him. I am assuming at the other teams wouldn't feel the same way and pass on bridge water due to lack of need.

Well, I said if the PATRIOTS feel like he's he next nxt big thing, then they should take him. I am assuming at the other teams wouldn't feel the same way and pass on bridge water due to lack of need.

So the Pats with a HOF QB who needs supporting cast improvement to get a ring draft a QB #1
But all those other teams with mediocre or poor QBs do not have a need?

Your reasoning confounds me.

So the Pats with a HOF QB who needs supporting cast improvement to get a ring draft a QB #1
But all those other teams with mediocre or poor QBs do not have a need?

Your reasoning confounds me.

Then let clarify for you so that even you can understand. The premise of my logic is that after pick 8, if the patriots are the only team that feels that bridgewater is the nxt great QB, they should take him regardless of how many years brady has left. And not all of those other teams have a mediocre QB as you claim...flacco, roethlisburger and rodgers just to name a few. Would you really pass on aaron rodgers if he fell to you? :ugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes