PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Taunting Penalty Enforcement

This is stupid.

Roger the Super-Ignoroid jumped on the "SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR!!!!" bandwagon a year after it left the burnt out station in Portland,Oregon...always years BEHIND the curve the Ignoroid continues to show what a cognitively crippled nitwit he truly is...and has ALWAYS been.

If you can't flex on someone after dragging a pile 10 yards is it worth playing? I was going to post that clip. Absolutely insane. NFL has a great product but does a **** job of distribution and connecting to fans.
It's going to get worse as they continue to sanitize things for the 'futbol' crowd across globe.

where was the taunting there?
I mean if its this stupid team pics in the endzone, yes flag it, take even points from the board for this stupid annoying ****, but throwing the flag for that? wtf?

and taunting should be a personal foul not a team foul...

I have to wonder how much of this “emphasis” is based on Winfield taunting Hill during the Super Bowl.

"Taunting" is subjective, one ref will view this as part of the game, while another will view it as egregious.

Another rule that will impact games discussed ad infinitum afterwards...

This will be enforced the same as PI which will add to the confusion over the definition of what is taunting.

Some officiating crews will be somewhat lax and others throwing flags for sneezing.

The solution: after a successful play, get in another player's face and yell "You are intelligent and smell nice" in an obscure language, with a tonality that sounds like taunting.

What if the taunting happens as the player is running unmolested into the endzone, are they going to call the play back?

You can't allow group celebrations and then flag taunting, wouldn't a group celebration be considered taunting?

These are grown ass men, if they don't like being taunted, do something about it! A Fastball in the ear, usually ends the bat flips, I'm sure a NFL player can figure something out.

No Fun League

I don't really like it, but it ought to favor teams with more discipline. Like NE.
Judgment calls like this are useful for influencing the outcome of games, so...

I don't expect this to be applied very consistently.

For example, this does not result in a penalty:

USATSI_15248607.jpg

This does:

Antoine-Winfield-Jr-020721.jpg

The payback on Hill was brilliant.....thats not taunting..... its getting what you deserve

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back