PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tapegate: Something Doesn't Add Up Here, Folks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets just get thi straight the Jets didnt ***** about it :
It wasn't the Jets who busted this guy with the camera but NFL security. The leagues Competition Committee will be meeting on this and making reccomendations and Mortenson- who is hooked into high NFL officials- says the league could "come down hard" on the Pats because they are violating the integrity of the game.

shut your piehole whiner

it was NYJ security that busted 'a guy with a camera'

Mortensen is not a league official nor is he a spokesman--he's just another talking head

the league SHOULD come down hard on all of this unnecessary drama coming out of NY--you ****ies should be ashamed by all of your caterwauling

Additionally, Mortimer has been collossally wrong recently.

This stuff is so laughable.

ASSUME - Mangina and TheDoll know we do it. OK.

How many defensive series per quarter ? ABout two per team.

First series - we record the signals and match to plays.
Second series - we verify they aren't changing from series to series.

Stop there.

Now we have them, right ?

Problem is, Mangina and TheDoll KNOW we do it. So on the next defensive series they - shock - change the signals. Duh.

Not to sound like a homer but come on. If they know we do it they could screw us BIG TIME by going a series or two to fool us then doing a 180.

The whole thing is laughable and certainly doesn't add up to real time, in game cheating.

This stuff is so laughable.

ASSUME - Mangina and TheDoll know we do it. OK.

How many defensive series per quarter ? ABout two per team.

First series - we record the signals and match to plays.
Second series - we verify they aren't changing from series to series.

Stop there.

Now we have them, right ?

Problem is, Mangina and TheDoll KNOW we do it. So on the next defensive series they - shock - change the signals. Duh.

Not to sound like a homer but come on. If they know we do it they could screw us BIG TIME by going a series or two to fool us then doing a 180.

The whole thing is laughable and certainly doesn't add up to real time, in game cheating.

Yup. If the guy is holding the camera, how is he sending hand signals to the bench? Does he have four hands? Maybe he's holding the camera with his teeth. Sorry, it doesn't make sense.. timewise.

I think it's just mangini trying to deflect the fan anger somewhere else. Just watch the game again. We kicked their asses all over the feild. They didn't need signals for that. They were physically beaten down on both sides of the ball, not just on defense.

b) he's a total decoy.
Bingo! A shoulder-mounted video camera with tape? That's so 1990s. That's so begging to be caught. Real surveillance would be done at least with an encrypted wireless transmission to a recorder well away from the action. I highly doubt the recording device would be something so obvious as a shoulder-mounted camera as well. This guy was a decoy who was supposed to get caught so other teams will let their guard down and not worry about being recorded in the future.

Regards,
Chris

...sounds to me like Mangini has an axe to grind and woe be him the next time these teams meet. I know BB has a reputation as a d*ck - but Mangini can't be too far behind. Anyone notice his treatment of Kendall - and the way Kendall's teammates consoled him. Interesting indeed.

My guess is this.

Every team does it in one way or another. BB tries different ways each time as to not get caught. When he really needs it, we won't know how, and neither will the other team. He was caught doing it in a more mundane way against an inferior team once and the NFL told him to stop. He responded by saying; everyone does it, I am not going to stop unless you enforce it with everyone. Teams keep pointing it out to the NFL and BB keeps refusing to stop, because he feels he is being picked on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes