PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Super Bowl discussion thread (Poll)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who will win?

• Queefs

Votes: 25 25.8%
  • Niners

Votes: 38 39.2%
  • Ray Lewis killed a guy

Votes: 34 35.1%

• Total voters
He also cut through two of the four best QBs (other than himself) in the league on the road until Purdy.

Like someone said on Twitter qb play is terrible now and Phillip rivers would be goat level if he played this era.

It is what it is. The Chiefs are a dynasty and this league is now the Patrick Mahomes show.

Like someone said on Twitter qb play is terrible now and Phillip rivers would be goat level if he played this era.

This is a take these people can't understand.

Brady him self said the product is ass.

Patrick has a handicap that would make Peyton proud.

Not a chance. He had a stretch where he only made the playoffs twice in 10 years (2 playoff wins) while his teams had plenty of talent.

Or leaving Kelce wide open in the 4th and OT

Then again the Greenlaw injury had a lot to do with that
He left Warner in the dust off the LOS.

The 49ers shot themselves in the foot.

The fumble by CMC on their opening drive was a killer. That was at least 3 points.
The muffed catch that gave KC a TD.
The extra point getting blocked.

Then in OT they decided to receive the ball. They should have given the ball to Mahomes first and see if their D could stop them.

Also Greenlaw getting injured was awful…a non contact injury.
Then Kittle injured.

The 49ers offensive line was ass this game. Purdy had no time.

Mahomes was brilliant on that last drive. But for the most part he was kept in check.

The 49ers coaching on the last drive was awful. They blitzed and got burned. What at awful play call…

I don’t see the 49ers coming back to the SB anytime soon. Those contracts are coming up and they will need to pay either Purdy or get another QB. That defense is stacked but they will probably lose few key guys this offseason.

what you see is that the chiefs oline picks up the extra rushers. They're very good at it. you rarely see free rushers heading for Mahomes.

The other guys in this league face free rushers on critical points in the game. The chiefs are fundamentally sound in a sloppy league.

Hopefully Harbaugh/Chargers can be an effective bowl blocker along with a healthy Burrows.

Last edited:
he’s got 5 to go. this isn’t a Brady vs Eli situation where the head to head doesn’t even factor in. Brady beat his ass in a SB (also out dueled him in the AFC CG)

he has to get 8 because if its 7-7 Brady has the ultimate trump card
I do agree he needs 8, he's probably gunning for that too. He lost his first regular season game , his first playoff game and his first superbowl all to Tom Brady. That enough motivation to keep him hungry.

The 49ers shot themselves in the foot.

The fumble by CMC on their opening drive was a killer. That was at least 3 points.
The muffed catch that gave KC a TD.
The extra point getting blocked.

Then in OT they decided to receive the ball. They should have given the ball to Mahomes first and see if their D could stop them.

Also Greenlaw getting injured was awful…a non contact injury.
Then Kittle injured.

The 49ers offensive line was ass this game. Purdy had no time.

Mahomes was brilliant on that last drive. But for the most part he was kept in check.

The 49ers coaching on the last drive was awful. They blitzed and got burned. What at awful play call…

I don’t see the 49ers coming back to the SB anytime soon. Those contracts are coming up and they will need to pay either Purdy or get another QB. That defense is stacked but they will probably lose few key guys this offseason.

Purdy is going to be a rough decision in a couple of years there. Is he worth the big bucks? He played a pretty good game but i don’t ever see him hanging with the true elites in crunch time.

A few of us were puzzled in here when sf decided to take ball first. It seems like an easy choice to defer and then you know what you hafta get plus 4 down territory all the way down the field

Shanahan gave KC too much time to tie after they kicked the FG to lead with over a minute remaining.

The score was never out of reach for KC to come back on. Purdy is OK, but 3 out of 12 3rd down conversions is FAIL.

Tbh the real issue is that you league full of Phillip Rivers style players who have empty calorie stats and then don't have that dog in them to pull out some wins.

If you want to give Brady a nod against Mahomes it's that he had guys like Manning, Ben, Flacco, and even Mahomes that could turn it on and be deadly. Then he went to the NFC and won against Rodgers and Brees who also had titles.

Allen, Herbert, and Burrow feel like Phillip Rivers style players who will never win ****.

Still can’t figure out why you take the call in OT with the new rules.

It’s always better to KNOW what you need to do than to try to game out whether to go for it on 4th, kick a FG, etc.

Kick the ball to start!

Only advantage is if the first round is a draw, I guess.

Shanahan gave KC too much time to tie after they kicked the FG to lead with over a minute remaining.

The score was never out of reach for KC to come back on. Purdy is OK, but 3 out of 12 3rd down conversions is FAIL.
Purdy played pretty well with horrible protection. He had at least two deep shots that would have been a td if the line could have held up for literally a second longer. Even in ot they had to settle for a field goal instead of a td because they couldn't slow down Chris Jones when it mattered.

I feel bad for SF fans. They watched their team crumble in all aspects. Offense fumbled and missed opportunities early in the game. Special teams missed a pt and lost a possession that really gave the Chiefs life. The defense became too aggressive. They failed to stop Kelce late in the game and they allowed Mahommes to scramble. He always scrambles late in games and it is something people seem to overlook.

Who is the bigger douche ... Kelce or Lebroney

1LAr.gif

:whistle:

Hey dude - Zappe could still be the guy...
I hear you, but man ... he's had too many chances to seize that role and just hasn't done it ... and I hoped he'd be enough. I think he might be good enough to be their 2nd or 3rd guy, but I don't have much hope in him beyond that.

Purdy played pretty well with horrible protection. He had at least two deep shots that would have been a td if the line could have held up for literally a second longer. Even in ot they had to settle for a field goal instead of a td because they couldn't slow down Chris Jones when it mattered.

I feel bad for SF fans. They watched their team crumble in all aspects. Offense fumbled and missed opportunities early in the game. Special teams missed a pt and lost a possession that really gave the Chiefs life. The defense became too aggressive. They failed to stop Kelce late in the game and they allowed Mahommes to scramble. He always scrambles late in games and it is something people seem to overlook.
KC priority this season should be to be able to keep Chris Jones. They are screwed without him.

Hey dude - Zappe could still be the guy...
Hopefully not. I'd rather see a legitimately good QB with lots of upside here next year not a pretender who doesn't belong in the league.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back