PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sunday TV Coverage in Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gainzo

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I took a look at the schedule for the Sunday games in Week 1 and think these are the games we will get in NE.

CBS 1PM: Steelers @ Ravens (looking forward to this game).
FOX 1PM: Eagles @ Rams (ugh).

The other 1PM games on FOX are Falcons @ Bears and Lions @ Bucs and I can't see us getting either of these.

FOX 4PM: Giants @ Redskins (ugh).

There are a bunch of other 4PM games on FOX but Giants/Skins is the National game as FOX has the doubleheader.

Is anyone else sick and tired of getting NFC East games all the time on FOX?

I took a look at the schedule for the Sunday games in Week 1 and think these are the games we will get in NE.

The other 1PM games on FOX are Falcons @ Bears and Lions @ Bucs and I can't see us getting either of these.

There are a bunch of other 4PM games on FOX but Giants/Skins is the National game as FOX has the doubleheader.

Well ....Fox shows NFC games, CBS shows AFC games, and would you look at that, the NYG are nearly located in New England. What do you expect? Seahawks @ 49ers or something to show in the north east?

Here in Connecticut, it's always Patriots and Giants somewhere in the 1pm and 4pm slots (unless one of them is not playing on Sunday).

Lots of Giants fans in Connecticut, Western Mass and Vermont, and as such, we'll always get NFC East games on Fox. Such is life.

Red Zone. All. Day. Long.

Well ....Fox shows NFC games, CBS shows AFC games, and would you look at that, the NYG are nearly located in New England. What do you expect? Seahawks @ 49ers or something to show in the north east?

The networks still think people in New England give a crap about the Giants. That was the case before the AFL was created but any remaining Giants fans from those days are 6 feet under.

I understand that Giants/Skins is the national 4PM game and we have no choice in the matter; but I guarantee there will be at least 8 games this year featuring the Giants when there are better games available.

Side-note: The NFL RedZone channel is one of the best things ever invented but Comcast has made it part of their "Sports Package" that contains such great channels as the Horse Racing Channel and Fox Soccer. No way I'm paying an additional $8 a month for that.

Just saw Nikolai's post. Good point about Western MA, VT and CT. I was ranting about the Boston market!

Last edited:
The networks still think people in New England give a crap about the Giants. That was the case before the AFL was created but any remaining Giants fans from those days are 6 feet under.

I understand that Giants/Skins is the national 4PM game and we have no choice in the matter; but I guarantee there will be at least 8 games this year featuring the Giants when there are better games available.

Side-note: The NFL RedZone channel is one of the best things ever invented but Comcast has made it part of their "Sports Package" that contains such great channels as the Horse Racing Channel and Fox Soccer. No way I'm paying an additional $8 a month for that.

Just saw Nikolai's post. Good point about Western MA, VT and CT. I was ranting about the Boston market!

UMMM..I'm an ex-Giants fan from the 50's until the early 60's when the Boston Patriots were formed.....and last I checked, I woke up on the right side of the grass this morning ! :p

just get the sports pack for the four months of football season. Plus, if you like college sports, ESPNU, fox college sports, and CBS Sports are also very good networks and part of the package.

My bad. I saw Burlington in your profile real quick, and thought it was Burlington, VT. As for Boston, what NFC team should they show in that market? Geographically speaking, the Giants are the only real option. After that, it's Philadelphia and then Washington.

Looking at that, I guess it's not so surprising after all, eh?

just get the sports pack for the four months of football season. Plus, if you like college sports, ESPNU, fox college sports, and CBS Sports are also very good networks and part of the package.

I did that last year but not for the Red Zone channel. I actually got it because ESPN Classic was showing the AFL (Aussie Rules Football) finals live.

I had no idea that the Red Zone channel was part of that package as I didn't get around to cancelling it until January.

I do like CBS College Sports as they do show a lot of College hockey.

Its still NFL football.

Dont like the games that are on? Buy the NFL ticket.

Its still NFL football.

Dont like the games that are on? Buy the NFL ticket.

Cant get DirectTV where I live and I wouldn't get it unless I lived outside of New England.

When there isn't a Pats game on I would like to see the best game that FOX/CBS has to offer. That's all I ask.

As for this particular game, keep in mind that it was specifically scheduled for this date to commemorate the tenth anniversary of 9/11 based on events in New York and in DC on that date. I'm mildly surprised it wasn't the only game available in that time slot.

I understand being sick of one team you don't really care about, but the reality is that the Giants are the closest team in the other conference so that's going to inevitably happen. I'm sure people in Jacksonville are sick of always getting the Falcons' games, as are Tampa fans sick of the Dolphins, Houston fans sick of the Cowboys, etc. Speaking of the Cowboys, if anything I'm more sick of them being over exposed on Fox than any other team, but ratings and profits will always trump a diversity of teams being broadcast.

Ironically, as for teams being broadcast into opposing markets, the Patriots are probably the leader in that category; just one more reason for fans of other teams to dislike the Pats.

As for Week 1, here are the choices available on Fox:

1:00
Atlanta at Chicago
Philadelphia at St. Louis
Detroit at Tampa Bay

4:15
Carolina at Arizona
Minnesota at San Diego
Seattle at San Francisco
New York Giants at Washington

Even without the 9/11 part of it, I don't know what other late game Fox should have chosen to broadcast in New England.

Last edited:
I don't care enough about other teams to suffer through that football ADD channel, haha.

That's the thing, you don't actually have to actually care about the teams! It's total football crack! Easy enough to switch back and forth to actual games too if there happens to be a good one on the networks.

As for this particular game, keep in mind that it was specifically scheduled for this date to commemorate the tenth anniversary of 9/11 based on events in New York and in DC on that date. I'm mildly surprised it wasn't the only game available in that time slot.

I understand being sick of one team you don't really care about, but the reality is that the Giants are the closest team in the other conference so that's going to inevitably happen. I'm sure people in Jacksonville are sick of always getting the Falcons' games, as are Tampa fans sick of the Dolphins, Houston fans sick of the Cowboys, etc. Speaking of the Cowboys, if anything I'm more sick of them being over exposed on Fox than any other team, but ratings and profits will always trump a diversity of teams being broadcast.

Ironically, as for teams being broadcast into opposing markets, the Patriots are probably the leader in that category; just one more reason for fans of other teams to dislike the Pats.

As for Week 1, here are the choices available on Fox:

1:00
Atlanta at Chicago
Philadelphia at St. Louis
Detroit at Tampa Bay

4:15
Carolina at Arizona
Minnesota at San Diego
Seattle at San Francisco
New York Giants at Washington

Even without the 9/11 part of it, I don't know what other late game Fox should have chosen to broadcast in New England.

The Giants/Skins game is being shown nationally so the New England market doesn't have a choice.

My problem is that later in the season the Giants will be playing a meaningless/crap game while a better game is going on. We will get the Giants game and not the better game.

The Giants/Skins game is being shown nationally so the New England market doesn't have a choice.

My problem is that later in the season the Giants will be playing a meaningless/crap game while a better game is going on. We will get the Giants game and not the better game.
Oh don't get me wrong; I'm with you, absolutely. I wish they'd strictly broadcast the best available game to out of market areas as well. But it's all about ratings, which is why there is such an overload of the Cowboys and Giants games year after year all in all television markets. I would also expect to see more Eagle games than usual this year based on their preseason hype, and the Michael Vick factor.

Cant get DirectTV where I live and I wouldn't get it unless I lived outside of New England.

When there isn't a Pats game on I would like to see the best game that FOX/CBS has to offer. That's all I ask.

Sports bars surely have the Ticket.

Here in Connecticut, it's always Patriots and Giants somewhere in the 1pm and 4pm slots (unless one of them is not playing on Sunday).

Lots of Giants fans in Connecticut, Western Mass and Vermont, and as such, we'll always get NFC East games on Fox. Such is life.

thank you for completing my Sig Ivan. The Brady Spike adds to the 3 and is necessary:)

edit* there is a problem ****

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes