PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sunday Poll: What fans do you have to deal with most in real life?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What fans do you have to deal with most in real life?

• Giants

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • Steelers

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Dolphins

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Cowboys

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Jets

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • Eagles

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Ravens

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Other (Bills, Colts, 9ers etc.)

Votes: 25 34.2%
  • Raiders

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Packers and raiders. If patriots haters counts as well then that too.

Giants by a landslide. I’m from/live in NYC. Plus, I work with them. Hell, even the rats & roaches are Giants fans!!! I can’t win :(

My wife is from Long Island so most of her family are Giants fans.

Her dad unfortunately passed away over the summer, we got along great and always kept the sports smack talk very light. He also rooted for the Jets, I used to bust his chops and tell him that as a Giants fan he was supposed to hate the Jets

We were at the in-laws during Thanksgiving for the butt-fumble blowout. At first Dad In Law and I partook in our usual fun-loving ball busting, but as the game got uglier I stopped talking trash. A month later at Christmas he admitted that he appreciated that I backed off.

None. My wife passed away earlier this year. She was the other fan I most had to deal with. Since, I am much less excited about the Patriots (anything, really). At work, the guy I talked to has been let go. No one really talks about the Patriots this year. A lot of people have not even watched a game. For me, this is a year without football...

None. My wife passed away earlier this year. She was the other fan I most had to deal with. Since, I am much less excited about the Patriots (anything, really). At work, the guy I talked to has been let go. No one really talks about the Patriots this year. A lot of people have not even watched a game. For me, this is a year without football...
Sorry for your loss.

A very close friend of mine is a Jets fan but he's low key- but very passionate.

I watched the game with him Xmas Eve last year and might watch the new years Eve game with him.

He doesn't even bother getting into it with me anymore.

It's like Sox/Yanks pre 2004.

I live in eastern Pennsylvania so I get the trifecta of Jets, Giants, and Eagles fans. The Eagles fans are the most rabid now that they're doing well. I've even gotten a few cheater comments because Belichick stole their Super Bowl.
Same here, I live right near Scranton. My neighbor to my right is a diehard Eagles fan, my neighbor to my left is a diehard Jets fan. Sigh.

Oh wow...sorry for your loss

I'm in South Dakota right now so its all Broncos and Vikings fans with some other teams sprinkled in. In CT though it seems like its all Giants fans

I moved to Long Island in 2006. Had to deal with Giants fans in 2007, not pretty. "Hey, 18-1 is a pretty good season!" My Jets fan friends I mostly feel sympathy for. There is one Steeler fan. I have a pretty good time when the Pats play the Steelers.

Steelers fans and it isn’t close (I live near Pittsburgh).

It is legitimately a daily conversation about how Spygate stole the AFC Championship, how the Pats cheat in every way imaginable and how Joe Montana is the GOAT. Oh and how they have 6 rings.

My one friend and I almost fought once because he acknowledged every team tries to take every advantage but said that because the Pats got caught, they are the antichrist.

I get a meme every other day at work about how this is “their” year.

Pray for me guys. Seriously.

Oh wow...sorry for your loss
Thank you, but that wasn't really my point. As time goes on, less and less people are interested in sports in general. The Celtics have won 15 games in a row and no one cares. The Patriots just win everything every year and no one cares. I was at a birthday party yesterday and the one guy I would talk sports to was a no show. I feel like people are losing interest.

Surrounded by Seahawks fans. Yes, they're annoying and yes, they're still REALLY butthurt
A few years ago they were saying that our win against them should be vacated.

Thank you, but that wasn't really my point. As time goes on, less and less people are interested in sports in general. The Celtics have won 15 games in a row and no one cares. The Patriots just win everything every year and no one cares. I was at a birthday party yesterday and the one guy I would talk sports to was a no show. I feel like people are losing interest.

Maybe the protests and greedy athletes have gotten to peoplr. Also, maybe people can't enjoy the Celtics winning a bunch in a row because everyone snd their dog knows GS will win it all. Taking a guess.

In Nevada, there are many transplants (including retirees) and they bring their loyalties with them. It seems like Broncos fans are the majority from where I sit, but this poll should have had a "haters" category.

I (and a couple other Pats fans) watch the regular season games in a bar and we get along well with the regulars there who are fans of other teams. But I watched the Super Bowl there and most of the non-Pats fan regulars weren't there. The bar was full and almost every non-Pats fan was rooting for Atlanta. Broncos and Steelers fans showed up in their jerseys to root against the Pats! "Let the hate flow through you..." Can't figure it out. When the Broncos were in the Super Bowl, there's no way I could just go to a bar to watch it (I live in the sticks and won't pay for satellite).

Of course since it's Nevada, you also get the sports bettors and they're often the saltiest of all.

I am in the New York/ New Jersey area while Giant fans like to talk there having a bad year most keep quiet. Then there is the Jets fans, AHs, we are cheaters lead by the biggest cheater Brady. They complain about everything the Pats do while they continue to suck!

This!
I concur.

I always have to listen to the mess... my giants beat you twice garbage. I just tell them manning can’t lose em all etc. my dislike of the giants is epic.

Work in Boston and the office is essentially all Pats fans with very few transplants from outside New England.

Went to school in New York, so there’s a lot of Giants, Jets, and Bills fans among people I’ve kept in touch with. Had one guy tell me after the 2nd Pats/Giants Super Bowl that “Eli is now better than Brady and will continue to be as Brady declines”. That was early 2012 of course. As I stood there at the cookout we were at, I told him I’d always remember what he just told me. I haven’t forgotten, and 2 Super Bowl wins later I’ve made sure he hasn’t forgotten either.:)

Coincidentally, there are a lot of eagles “fans” in my life right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back