PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sullivan is Incompetant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegs

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Ok so this guy is driving around in the early morning with a friend, blowing stop signs with loud music. He gets pulled over, has a licensed gun in the car and explains that to the officer and that is fine... probably a good move.

but then he loses it is with the marijuana. He consents to the search and the weed is found. I don't believe it was just his friend's weed first off. I believe it was either both of theirs or just his. If you ask why he would consent if he knew he would have it, it was becuase he was trying to play it cool.. If he said "NO, you cant search my car" the cops can just call a K9 unit, have it circle the car and then search the car the hard way in which you would guaranteed to be charged for everything you possibly could be for wasting their time. I'm guessing he didn't know that tho and that he is just a moron.

Now I don't use drugs at all. I just drink.. But anybody with half a brain would know to tell your buddy to take the rap for it and that you'd pay for the whole thing and give them extra money for doing it when it is all said and done (see Puff Daddy and his buddy Shyne). You absolutely have to make an effort to get out of a charge where you are said to be posessing marijuana. For that matter, if the drug is even mentioned in a police report, you need to do the same for the nfl in my opinion.

Especially for the fact that it is something like marijuana which won't put you in jail (most likely) or ruin your life, but will most definitely hurt your career as an NFL player and could end it even.

For this reason this man is incredibly stupid.

When you declare someone "incompetant," you should be certain of your facts -

in·com·pe·tent-
adj.
Not qualified in legal terms: a defendant who was incompetent to stand trial.
Inadequate for or unsuited to a particular purpose or application.
Devoid of those qualities requisite for effective conduct or action.

n.
An incompetent person.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keegs said:
I don't believe it was just his friend's weed first off. I believe it was either both of theirs or just his. If you ask why he would consent if he knew he would have it, it was becuase he was trying to play it cool.. If he said "NO, you cant search my car" the cops can just call a K9 unit, have it circle the car and then search the car the hard way in which you would guaranteed to be charged for everything you possibly could be for wasting their time. I'm guessing he didn't know that tho and that he is just a moron.

You've made all your speculative assumptions, tried him and hung him based on what's been in the newspapers and police reports and your gut feeling. I'll try to give a slight benefit of the doubt based on the speculative possibility that just maybe he gave his search consent because he really did have no idea that there was any grass in the vehicle and he unknowingly got screwed by his friend.

I'll more likely lean towards you're possibility if and when he tests positive for marijuana because you can bet your behind that the NFL and/or the Patriots are going to demand he gets drug tested. (I would however feel a lot more confident if he were to suggest and volunteer to be tested himself before he was ordered to test!) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Brady'sButtBoy said:
When you declare someone "incompetant," you should be certain of your facts -

in·com·pe·tent-
adj.
Not qualified in legal terms: a defendant who was incompetent to stand trial.
Inadequate for or unsuited to a particular purpose or application.
Devoid of those qualities requisite for effective conduct or action.

n.
An incompetent person.
you're wasting your time. But thanks for the help. I agree

He is inadequate and unsuited for the particular purpose of driving like a jackass without a seatbelt on while listening to loud music and possesing marijuana.
He is devoid of the qualities that those possess who are able to successfully drive like that, listen to music like that, and smoke weed like that.

If the Patriots front office has a need for misdemeanor drug smuggling, Sullivan does very much appear incompetent.

Whether he has the chance to show his competancy on the field is a matter that BB will decide.

Aside from that, being stupid and a pothead doesn't in and of itself mean that someone is incompetant in the NFL... after all, Sullivan wouldn't be the first to fit that demographic

JoeSixPat said:
If the Patriots front office has a need for misdemeanor drug smuggling, Sullivan does very much appear incompetent.

Whether he has the chance to show his competancy on the field is a matter that BB will decide.

Aside from that, being stupid and a pothead doesn't in and of itself mean that someone is incompetant in the NFL... after all, Sullivan wouldn't be the first to fit that demographic
Yeah you got a good point there.

Maybe he's just an idiot.
Who knows, maybe he didnt know it was in the car, hence his driving like a lunatic with no seatbelt blowing stopsigns with loud music.

JoeSixPat said:

you did that on purpose, right? I hear BB is a real stickler on spelling- he just won't stand for anyone saying, "Black, 59, Razer!"

"Sullivan is Incompetent"

Well at least he won't have to stand trial.:rolleyes:

RayClay said:
"Sullivan is Incompetent"

Well at least he won't have to stand trial.:rolleyes:
# Inadequate for or unsuited to a particular purpose or application.

nice try tho.

You know, I keep reading people blowing off the gun possesion because he had a permit.

Sorry, but if there isn't a law that voides a permit if you are also in possesion of illegal drugs, there ought to be.

The dude had a gun, and weed!

Having the gun by itself with a permit is fine (I guess). But if you have weed, I don't care what kind of permit you have.

Having a drivers licence doesn't make it okay to drive while under the influence.

I know it isn't the same. He wasn't operating the gun, and as far as I know he wasn't high at the time.

But still, I think if you are in possesion of an illegal drug, that permit should be null and void!

Keegs said:

nice try tho.

What's your point?

Getting arrested proves he's incompetent at what?

Playing Football, Driving, Judging the Volume on his Stereo?

Keegs said:
you're wasting your time. But thanks for the help. I agree

He is inadequate and unsuited for the particular purpose of driving like a jackass without a seatbelt on while listening to loud music and possesing marijuana.
He is devoid of the qualities that those possess who are able to successfully drive like that, listen to music like that, and smoke weed like that

Actually, he displayed a high degree of competency at those things.

Unfortunately he was less competent when it came to recognizing and observing Stop Signs while driving like a Jackass etc.

Keegs said:

nice try tho.

You see my original comment referred to definition #1 of incompetence. Thus, it was a play on words.

Last edited:
When i say he is incompetent i mean when it comes to doing exactly what he was doing that night. If he is going to drive around, listening to music too loud and blowing stopsigns with weed in the car, he should know how to do this in a way where he won't get in trouble. I'm guessing this isn't the first time he has done this. Just because he pulled off the act of driving with loud music and carrying weed, doesn't mean he is competent in doing so. If he was, he would not have gotten caught. He would have thrown the seatbelt on quickly (if possible), hidden the weed better, talked his way out of blowing the stop signs, or bribed his buddy to take the fall. If he is going to act like a criminal, at least he should be able to handle it like a criminal. Thus, he is incompetent; inadequate as a "criminal" and unsuited for doing what he did that night.
I refuse to believe that a 1st round Draft Pick NFL player didn't know that weed was in the car. I feel that anyone who assumes this is giving this man way too much credit.

NOte: i used the word criminal loosely, because its early and i couldn't think of a better word, dont focus on that part.

Keegs said:
When i say he is incompetent i mean when it comes to doing exactly what he was doing that night. If he is going to drive around, listening to music too loud and blowing stopsigns with weed in the car, he should know how to do this in a way where he won't get in trouble. I'm guessing this isn't the first time he has done this. Just because he pulled off the act of driving with loud music and carrying weed, doesn't mean he is competent in doing so. If he was, he would not have gotten caught. He would have thrown the seatbelt on quickly (if possible), hidden the weed better, talked his way out of blowing the stop signs, or bribed his buddy to take the fall. If he is going to act like a criminal, at least he should be able to handle it like a criminal. Thus, he is incompetent; inadequate as a "criminal" and unsuited for doing what he did that night.
I refuse to believe that a 1st round Draft Pick NFL player didn't know that weed was in the car. I feel that anyone who assumes this is giving this man way too much credit.

NOte: i used the word criminal loosely, because its early and i couldn't think of a better word, dont focus on that part.

I can't argue with that.

But should we be looking for players that competently perform these activities?

And if so, aren't we more likely to find them in the lower rounds.

Imaginary Scouting report:

Has the tools but seems a little sluggish.

We can't figure out why because he's never been caught staying out late night, doing drugs or committing crimes.

He just seems kind of sleepy.:D

Last edited:
RayClay said:
I can't argue with that.

But should we be looking for players that competently perform these activities?

And if so, aren't we more likely to find them in the lower rounds.

Imaginary Scouting report:

Has the tools but seems a little sluggish.

We can't figure out why because he's never been caught staying out late night, doing drugs or committing crimes.

He just seems kind of sleepy.:D
ha. I know what you mean.....
Hey maybe he'll learn from it and play.... that would be great.
Since nobody is expecting a damn thing from him anymore, any kind of contribution from him would be a nice surprise.
I guess i dont have much of a tolerance for professional athletes and their stupidity with certain things.
I love acting like an idiot and saying stupid things, but that is intentional.
These guys have a gift to play games that most people would do for much less if not free, and they act like jerks and many times some of them throw it away with their bad behavior.

Win or lose in court, this guy's dead meat if he doesn't snap to it.

I read in Halberstam's book that BB likes his veterans to conduct discipline and keep guys in line.

I think Sullivan's supposed to be big Sey's project as he steps up to take over some of the leadership of Willie McGinest.

If BB finds he needs to spend time showing you how to act, you're gone anyway.

Case in point, Bethel Johnson.

Keegs said:
Ok so this guy is driving around in the early morning with a friend, blowing stop signs with loud music. He gets pulled over, has a licensed gun in the car and explains that to the officer and that is fine... probably a good move.

but then he loses it is with the marijuana. He consents to the search and the weed is found. I don't believe it was just his friend's weed first off. I believe it was either both of theirs or just his. If you ask why he would consent if he knew he would have it, it was becuase he was trying to play it cool.. If he said "NO, you cant search my car" the cops can just call a K9 unit, have it circle the car and then search the car the hard way in which you would guaranteed to be charged for everything you possibly could be for wasting their time. I'm guessing he didn't know that tho and that he is just a moron.

Now I don't use drugs at all. I just drink.. But anybody with half a brain would know to tell your buddy to take the rap for it and that you'd pay for the whole thing and give them extra money for doing it when it is all said and done (see Puff Daddy and his buddy Shyne). You absolutely have to make an effort to get out of a charge where you are said to be posessing marijuana. For that matter, if the drug is even mentioned in a police report, you need to do the same for the nfl in my opinion.

Especially for the fact that it is something like marijuana which won't put you in jail (most likely) or ruin your life, but will most definitely hurt your career as an NFL player and could end it even.

For this reason this man is incredibly stupid.

You DO know that his buddy DID say it was his. At least according to the Boston Globe article. Yet, they charged BOTH with the possession.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/06/30/patriots_sullivan_arrested/

Jerome Solomon said:
At one point, according to the report, Clemons told the officer the bag belonged to him. Sullivan has no arrest record and according to a family source has never failed a drug test in the NFL or while he played at the University of Georgia.

Also, on a different note, how did the officer see the bag in "observed in plain view a clear bag that had a small baggy of a green leafy substance that appeared to be marijuana." if it was 4:00 am? Unless the baggie was sitting on top of the dash its a BS statement from the officer.

As someone else has said, How can you legitimately convict the guy before he is tried in court? You have facts in correct and you don't know the whole story.

sarge said:
You know, I keep reading people blowing off the gun possesion because he had a permit.

Sorry, but if there isn't a law that voides a permit if you are also in possesion of illegal drugs, there ought to be.

The dude had a gun, and weed!

Having the gun by itself with a permit is fine (I guess). But if you have weed, I don't care what kind of permit you have.

Having a drivers licence doesn't make it okay to drive while under the influence.

I know it isn't the same. He wasn't operating the gun, and as far as I know he wasn't high at the time.

But still, I think if you are in possesion of an illegal drug, that permit should be null and void!

Sarge -
There is no law, to my knowledge, that voids a gun permit if you are found to be in possession of an illicit drug. Also, Sullivan's friend told the cop it was his and not Sullivan's. Plus, I question the validity of whether the baggie of a green leafy substance was actually in "plain view."

DaBruinz said:
You DO know that his buddy DID say it was his. At least according to the Boston Globe article. Yet, they charged BOTH with the possession.
Yeah but i heard his friend didn't admit to that until that until long after they had been arrested , then he said "ohhh its mine"..

of course thats what i heard from the article i read about it.

A problem with this whole thing is that ive read a few articles about this whole situation and they arent that accurate.

so who knows...

either way i think he's an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft