PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stupid question regarding O line

Status
Not open for further replies.

patriot1136

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I'm not as well versed as you guys with the X's and O's so bear with me. It seems our biggest problem is the o line and our WR corps would be much better if the line was better. The guys we have should improve over the season but not sure by how much. Are there any veterans out there we can sign? Incognito is the only one I can think of. Unless we can get Brian watters or Stephen Neal out of retirement

Incognito is the only guy worth signing and no one will sign him with all the media BS going on with the NFL now

I wouldn't sign Incognito. He's ok, but brings way too much off-field problems and bad locker attitude.

After doing a bit of a research, i have to say that there aren't good players at the position without a club, only mediocre at best and old guys (Carl Nicks was good in NO, but bad with the bucs, plus may have a unrevealed medical problem)

If had to guess, i'd say that BB may look into others teams' roster and offer a trade for a Guard, if we are not greatly better until the sixth week(i'm also betting we won't). It's not unusual for him to bring a player to correct our biggest position liability (Talib, Sopoaga, just to name a few, recently)

Here's the problem with Incognito:

He's had issues with women to the point where Kraft wouldn't allow him on the team even without the trumped up "Bullygate" scandal. Would he likely be a significant upgrade right now? Hell, yes. But Belichick just traded away a significant upgrade over nothing but money and ego, so there's no way in hell he's bringing in a <cough> touchy-feely <cough> guy. So, we can bemoan the lack of an Incognito signing, and we probably even should as fans, but he's not coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft