PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stryker Sulak (DE/OLB) works out (Tuesday) for Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Stryker Sulak (DE/OLB) works out for Pats.

If he was drafted and then released before signing a contract, wouldn't he be a FA. I don't think he would count against the rookie pool.

Yes he is a free agent now that he has been released. Only thing I am not sure is if UDFA's count against the rookie pool which I believe they dont even.

Re: Stryker Sulak (DE/OLB) works out (Tuesday) for Pats.

Awesome name. Hope we sign him. :)

He still hasn't signed? Do we have a holdout? Who'd a thought it would be a long snapper!?!?!?!

Yep.... Imagine being the one healthy guy unsigned, your team is trying to get you to take a split bonus rather than an up front signing bonus, and they're bringing in a 6th round player who got cut by the Raiders for a "look" when roster spots are at a premium.

Toss in the fact that you're only there for long snapping, add the other fact that the team already has a veteran on board for those duties, and I've got to think that Ingram's wondering about his future quite a bit.

At the moment, any pass rusher rookie or Vet would not be a bad idea to do workout. Really need some help at that spot

Last edited:

At the moment, any pass rusher rookie or Vet would not be a bad idea to do workout. Really need some help at that spot

Was actually surprised there were allegedly 10 teams interested in working him out. (Could all be agent fluff of course ...)

If the Pats are looking at him this quickly then there must be a real problem with Crable.

I corrected myself. He will not count towards the rookie pool since he cleared waivers.
That is another interesting point. Did he have to clear waivers? I assume he did, but ... when you claim a player on waivers you pick up his contract as is, but he didn't have a contract.

I wish they would release more information about this. It is exactly the type of minutia that I need to obsess on to get me through to the official start of camp.

That is another interesting point. Did he have to clear waivers? I assume he did, but ... when you claim a player on waivers you pick up his contract as is, but he didn't have a contract.

I wish they would release more information about this. It is exactly the type of minutia that I need to obsess on to get me through to the official start of camp.

He did clear waivers:
The fact that Stryker Sulak was unclaimed on waivers

Sulak finally gets another shot | ProFootballTalk.com

If the Pats are looking at him this quickly then there must be a real problem with Crable.

Crable was placed on the active/PUP along with Ty Warren, though i do not know if that means anything.

anyways

Stryker Sulak. That name just makes him sound like a beast lol

nvm, i think you knew that crable was placed on pup lol

I liked Sulak in the draft as a late Day Two pick.
Good prospect as a DE->OLB conversion project.
He has the right size and speed, and can rush the passer.
As noted, no experience in coverage, and would be like Vince Redd - start the year on PS and hope he can develop over time.
It would be terrific to get a couple young OLB's and hope that one develops.

I hope they sign him.

At the very least, he is a body at a position of need.

If they are looking to sign this guy, they probably aren't looking for a proven OLB. The OLB situation is turning into the CB situation of last year. Who is the new deltha o'neal?

I think its great the Pats are bringing the kid in for a workout. However, the knocks on Sulak is that he's weak against the run and horrible in coverage... I guess for a UFA, he'd be an ok for a PS signing, but he'd definitely be a work in progress..

Can't wait for the 1st coach to offer a quote from the movie, "Airplane" when he jumps the snap count on a rushing drill..

"Stryker you're coming in too fast!!!!"

Last edited:
Can't wait for the 1st coach to offer a quote from the movie, "Airplane" when he jumps the snap count on a rushing drill..

"Stryker you're coming in too fast!!!!"

Over Macho Grande?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back