PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stephen Neal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgb95

Rookie
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about his ACL tear in the SB?

Did he have the surgery?

Rehab?

Will be available in september?

Re: Stephen Neal....

Anybody know?

I didn't even know that his injury had been officially announced as an ACL tear. Is there a link for this?

Honestly it was heartbreaking seeing him try to get up off the ground during the SB. I think that's when I first started to realize the team wasn't going to be able to match Maroney's enthusiasm for the game.

THAT is a great question...but my guess is that it'll be PUP...as usually a knee takes awhile to heal..(From what I orig heard..it was serious)..but we all know how injuries and the Pats are..

There were reports they looked Mike Wahle, so that tells me they are considering an OG, which tells me Neal's injury might affect 08.

Worst comes to worst, can Kaczur play RG? O'Cal at RT and Kaczur at RG seems stronger than having Hochstein starting at RG on a consistent basis.

If we work a trade down with our #7 pick, maybe we can get Branden Albert with the latter of the two picks we get in return.

There were reports they looked Mike Wahle, so that tells me they are considering an OG, which tells me Neal's injury might affect 08.

Worst comes to worst, can Kaczur play RG? O'Cal at RT and Kaczur at RG seems stronger than having Hochstein starting at RG on a consistent basis.

If we work a trade down with our #7 pick, maybe we can get Branden Albert with the latter of the two picks we get in return.

Albert is going to be a stud.

An ACL tear is an ACL tear. It really doesn't matter if it's a big tear or a little tear. Neither one heals without surgery and the surgery is the same in either case: harvesting a ligament and grafting it into place to replace the ACL. Thus, recovery times are generally the same for all ACL surgeries (allowing of course for the fact that some individuals heal faster/better than others).

It would not surprise me if Neal is a surprise cut going into TC next season.

Hes always hurt. Plays injured often. Still plays well but you have to wonder if he is hurting Koppen and whoever our RT might be at times.

Neal is a pretty cheap cap hit. I cant seeing him going anywhere...

Hes always hurt. Plays injured often. Still plays well but you have to wonder if he is hurting Koppen and whoever our RT might be at times.

Neal is our most athletic guard, I seriously doubt he'll be cut. He makes a big difference in the running game.

Besides his shoulder injury, he was injured diving for a fumble in 2002, and had (apparently) an ACL tear, which is by nature a freak injury. You can't fault him for that.

But I don't even remember him getting hurt in the Super Bowl. Then again, I don't remember anything from the Super Bowl. I've blocked it out of my memory.

It wouldnt surprise me if he had been PLAYING on that torn ACL for weeks. He is a tough guy, and you know how the pats are about the injury reporting. People can say we had very few injuries...but look at Junior doing both shoulders, Hobbs,etc....I think there is a code of conduct on this team to not only play hurt but a precedent to play injured. Its my feeling that Colvin wasnt always buying into this and thats why all the clouds of secrecy when he got hurt(remember BB saying it was his SHOULDER in the press conference?). A few days later he is on IR....
So Neal was hurt, and Hochstein is the guy I really think needs replacing. I have been pushing for Albert for a while now, he can play both G and T, massive guy and in shape. Now Kazcur isnt going to the HOF, but the guy he was 1 on 1 with in the Super Bowl IS!! He got little help from Brady, so I say give him a pass. There is a definate NEED for a guy who can play both positions, I dont think Britt or OCallaghan is the answer.
No cuts, small caps, let them sort it out in TC...

i hope hes ok hes good with the running game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference