PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers vs. Browns thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking at the stats, V. Young is 9/16 for 78 yards, 0 TD's, 0 INT's. Meh. Meanwhile LenDale White is having an off day as he's only rushed for 6 yards.

Young has looked just awful whenever I've seen him. He's trying so hard not to be just a "running QB" that he's overthinking every play -- looks uncomfortable and not in control of the game and throws ugly INTs.

In a way, I have to give him credit. Unlike Michael Vick, who always seemed to take an "I'm perfect already" attitude, Young actually acknowledged that he had to change to develop into a complete NFL quarterback. But so far there's no evidence that he's capable of it.

Young has looked just awful whenever I've seen him. He's trying so hard not to be just a "running QB" that he's overthinking every play -- looks uncomfortable and not in control of the game and throws ugly INTs.

In a way, I have to give him credit. Unlike Michael Vick, who always seemed to take an "I'm perfect already" attitude, Young actually acknowledged that he had to change to develop into a complete NFL quarterback. But so far there's no evidence that he's capable of it.

To be fair, it's not like the front office went out of their way to get him any help. Moulds was the best they could do?:confused:

In Young's defense, he has absolutely no one to throw to. That team needs wide receivers in a bad way.

i have a feeling browns will blow this game...their defense isnt very good..remains to be seen how long they can hold the steelers to FG.

He just doesn't have the brain to be an NFL quarterback. His head isn't there. It isn't the receivers' faults that he throws to a guy who's in double coverage rather than guy wide open in the middle of the field. He just isn't good, and probably will never be.

The 7 on the Wonderlic should've been a huge giveaway.

Young with a bad interception right as I'm typing.

Last edited:
Ethan Kelley with the tackle!

I would respectfully disagree. I don't think any other defense could have done to the 2001 Rams what the Pats did in the Superbowl. The Pats defense kept every game in the playoffs close enough so the Pats offense, with very few weapons in the cupboard, and an X factor special teams unit, could score just enough to win.

You are right in saying that the Patriots played a bend but don't break style of D, but you are vastly underestimating the talent of the Patriots all pro defensive backfield. I'll assert again that no other defense in the NFL would have been able to contain Marshall Faulk, Kurt Warner, and the Rams offense in their prime the way the Patriots D did. Pulling off that upset was a combination of clutch play by Brady and the best defensive performance of the YEAR in 2001. If you can't call that great, then I don't know what is.

No, that was a great game. But it was one game. They were extremely hot in the playoffs and played very well, but the rest of the season says they weren't a great defense.

The Buccaneers also played the Rams really well that year, maybe even better than the Pats.

Last edited:
i have a feeling browns will blow this game...their defense isnt very good..remains to be seen how long they can hold the steelers to FG.

They well may, but this game is instructive to what we will encounter in a couple of weeks. I'm not ascared of the Steelers, let alone when they are on the road against a much better team all around that the Browns.

LOL Yeah, that was it - the rain got Ben...

Big Ben underthrows his receiver badly. Lucky it wasn't picked. Steelers have to punt again. I smell a Browns upset brewing.

To be fair, it's not like the front office went out of their way to get him any help. Moulds was the best they could do?:confused:

Remember how Kelley Washington spurned them for the Pats? I wonder how he feels about that in retrospect. You pick:

#1: a one-and-done contract, 0 catches on the year, but you're part of one of the best teams to come the pike in years;

#2: plenty of playing time and a probable multi-year deal on a winning team with arguably the worst QB in the league.

Bills now trailing the Fish 3-2 after Lemon was tackled in the EZ for a safety. Sounds like a great game :eek:

This is just a moment of gratitude that I'm not actually sitting through a Miami-Buffalo game that's 3-2 in the second half.

Big Ben underthrows his receiver badly. Lucky it wasn't picked. Steelers have to punt again. I smell a Browns upset brewing.

Anderson's lack of touch and comfort in the short game is their achilles at this juncture. To bad too as the have an excellent weapon in Jurivicius. Edwards is probably still too jacked over the TD call - that can happen to young teams. They get up and they lose focus.

That's OK though since Ben looks like he's in one of his funk days he may cough up a few more furr balls to keep RAC's kids in it.

And as I type that Ben fumbles and they recover but lose 13.

New Orleans is who we thought they were!!!!!! Oh yeah, and Big Ben too!!!!!!!!

God, Willie is slower than my mother...

The Jag-u-wars are laying it to the Titans. I didn't think they had it in them against what had been a good defense this season and with Gray at QB. Shows how much I know. If the Jags hang on to win (honestly, I highly doubt Young comes back with a comeback today) and the Colts lose tonight, an already tight AFC South will get even tighter. Keep in mind the Colts still have to play both the Titans and the Jags one more time. I like to see tight division races in every division but the AFC East.

Goddamn, Lewis. Steelers with the fumble recovery.

Browns fumble inside their own 40. Don't collapse now RAC!

They well may, but this game is instructive to what we will encounter in a couple of weeks. I'm not ascared of the Steelers, let alone when they are on the road against a much better team all around that the Browns.

LOL Yeah, that was it - the rain got Ben...

pitt also is playing after a monday nighter and we will be playing the steelers after a monday nighter on the road. remains to be seen how we play . But if its not a bad weather day , i think we can handle the blitz and throw the ball well.

Jamal Lewis needs to hang onto the ball. No excuse for a veteran to have multiple fumbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST