PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers vs. Browns thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just allow me to reiterate, as I've said all season, and even before the season...

The Pittsburgh Steelers are FRAUDS. They are not a good team. I can't wait to help the Browns win that awful division by knocking the Steelers around in a few weeks.

"dad..i want u to drop me off a block away..u know..because people there ride bikes and hybrids"

STFU
terrible commercial. god damn

They have a chance today to have a better record than the Pats through nine games in '01. They most definitely have a better offense and their defense is having a pretty good day.

They have a better offense than the 2001 Pats but their defense is nowhere near as good. The 2001 Pats defense was just downright NASTY. That is the same defense featuring Ty Law and Lawyer Milloy in the backfield, the defense that broke a Rams receiver's ribs in the first few plays of the Superbowl. The Browns pass rush is anemic compared to the Pats with Seymour crushing the pocket and McGinest in his prime wreaking havoc. The Browns D is doing a good job of containing the Steelers so far but they don't have to carry their team like the 2001 Patriots defensive unit did.

Here's a clip to let you refresh your memory on just how GREAT a run the Pats had in 2001.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTn653lSYAg

Last edited:
Like I said yesterday. The Steelers have a hard time showing up sometimes. Besides that Ben is by far the most overrated QB in the NFL.

Believe me, I appreciate all he's done in his career. That said, what's the over/under on Willie McGinest's missed tackles today?

The Steelers are using a lot of draws, and for some reason the Browns haven't made the adjustment, yet.

They have a better offense than the 2001 Pats but their defense is nowhere near as good. The 2001 Pats defense was just downright NASTY. That is the same defense featuring Ty Law and Lawyer Milloy in the backfield, the defense that broke a Rams receiver's ribs in the first few plays of the Superbowl. The Browns pass rush is anemic compared to the Pats with Seymour crushing the pocket and McGinest in his prime wreaking havoc. The Browns D is doing a good job of containing the Steelers so far but they don't have to carry their time like the 2001 Patriots defensive unit did.

Here's a clip to let you refresh your memory on just how GREAT a run the Pats had in 2001.

oh..my ..god. that hit on Brady's knee made me..cringe

Woo-hoo! Cleveland holds Steelers to 3 FG's in first half. Sweet! :rocker:

They have a better offense than the 2001 Pats but their defense is nowhere near as good. The 2001 Pats defense was just downright NASTY. That is the same defense featuring Ty Law and Lawyer Milloy in the backfield, the defense that broke a Rams receiver's ribs in the first few plays of the Superbowl. The Browns pass rush is anemic compared to the Pats with Seymour crushing the pocket and McGinest in his prime wreaking havoc. The Browns D is doing a good job of containing the Steelers so far but they don't have to carry their time like the 2001 Patriots defensive unit did.

I'm sorry, but that's some revisionist history. The Patriots had a good defense that year, not great. They gave up a lot of yardage, but were able to hold opponents down in scoring. They made up for that with some big plays and a lot of return TDs. They had an excellent gameplan to stop the Rams, and they executed it well enough to pull off the upset. But they were by no means a "great" defense.

There are similarities between the way that defense played and how the scrappy Browns are playing today.

I'm not saying the Browns are as good as that Pats defense, but if they can get performances like this from their defense, coupled with what appears to be a very good offense, they could shock some people down the stretch run.

While it's halftime...the Bills couldn't score in the first half? On the Miami defense??? Welcome back, Mr. Losman! :D

Just allow me to reiterate, as I've said all season, and even before the season...

The Pittsburgh Steelers are FRAUDS. They are not a good team. I can't wait to help the Browns win that awful division by knocking the Steelers around in a few weeks.

I've said this all season. Even if they pull it out today. This is a fraud team. Ben is what he is, and that is first and foremost inconsistent.

Tomlin doesn't look nearly as smug when they're getting beat, does he...

Rams winning too. Miami winning. Hell, if the Jesters win a couplle of games. We might get the top pick!!

Flipping between every game on NFL Gamepass on Yahoo... Vince Young is absolutely horrendous, might be the worst QB in the NFL.

Just looking at the stats, V. Young is 9/16 for 78 yards, 0 TD's, 0 INT's. Meh. Meanwhile LenDale White is having an off day as he's only rushed for 6 yards.

GO PACK GO! (sorry, I've got relatives from WI) Grant's looking good running the ball against the Vikings (a pretty good run D). They have a really legitimate shot to take the NFC this season.

How great would that be? The Patriots could actually "Squeeze the Cheese" this year.

GO PACK GO! (sorry, I've got relatives from WI) Grant's looking good running the ball against the Vikings (a pretty good run D). They have a really legitimate shot to take the NFC this season.

How great would that be? The Patriots could actually "Squeeze the Cheese" this year.

I just got to see that catch by Jennings...pretty nice!

I would respectfully disagree. I don't think any other defense could have done to the 2001 Rams what the Pats did in the Superbowl. The Pats defense kept every game in the playoffs close enough so the Pats offense, with very few weapons in the cupboard, and an X factor special teams unit, could score just enough to win.

You are right in saying that the Patriots played a bend but don't break style of D, but you are vastly underestimating the talent of the Patriots all pro defensive backfield. I'll assert again that no other defense in the NFL would have been able to contain Marshall Faulk, Kurt Warner, and the Rams offense in their prime the way the Patriots D did. Pulling off that upset was a combination of clutch play by Brady and the best defensive performance of the YEAR in 2001. If you can't call that great, then I don't know what is.

I'm sorry, but that's some revisionist history. The Patriots had a good defense that year, not great. They gave up a lot of yardage, but were able to hold opponents down in scoring. They made up for that with some big plays and a lot of return TDs. They had an excellent gameplan to stop the Rams, and they executed it well enough to pull off the upset. But they were by no means a "great" defense.

There are similarities between the way that defense played and how the scrappy Browns are playing today.

I'm not saying the Browns are as good as that Pats defense, but if they can get performances like this from their defense, coupled with what appears to be a very good offense, they could shock some people down the stretch run.

Last edited:
Just looking at the stats, V. Young is 9/16 for 78 yards, 0 TD's, 0 INT's. Meh. Meanwhile LenDale White is having an off day as he's only rushed for 6 yards.

Just looking at the stats doesn't show you the fact that those incompletions have been hilariously bad, including several balls that should have been picks and a couple thrown to absolutely no one.

He's pathetically bad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back