PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Statistically, the 2007 and 2004 Patriots are the two most dominant teams to ever play pro football

Status
Not open for further replies.
This team could of had wait scratch that should of had way super bowl wins then they do now brady should have atleast 8-9 super bowl rings

I think that was the best Pat's team ever. I may be wrong, but that team might have been the first team ever to win a Super Bowl after losing their two starting CBs to injuries. A 2nd year 4th round corner (Assante Sanuel ) and a rookie free agent (Randall Gay) took over for Ty Law and Tyrone Poole, both wound up on IR. That to me is mind boggling. And also made Corey Dillon an important factor due to his great running (and clock killin) helped keep that defense fresh.

Had some great defensive players to help make up for the loss of those 2 corners. Beating Indy 20-3 in the 1st playoff game, a team who scored the most points ever in an NFL season (up to that point), just shocking. Then to march into Pittsburgh and crush them by putting up 34 points + a pick 6 by Rodney Harrison, wow. I remember Brady was absolutely deadly in that game, hitting Branch all game including a perfect throw on a bomb pass for a TD. That team was the best Patriot's team, hands down, followed up by the 2003 team (which started 2-2 then won 15 games in a row !!), then the 2014 team, then the 2001 team. I don't count the 2007 team. I don't care about ELO (great band) or whatever the hell this article is talking about.

Think about those 2003 and 2004 teams, a combined record of 34-4. Holy schnickes, that is ridiculously dominant.

Hate to nitpick but the 98 Vikings had the highest scoring offense ever until the 07 pats broke the record. Everything else is great :D

The 2007 team was one crazy play away from being the consensus best team of all time.

And was one crazy Gronk away from being truly unbeatable...but alas he was doing crazy Gronk stuff in high school at the time..

And was one crazy Gronk away from being truly unbeatable...but alas he was doing crazy Gronk stuff in high school at the time..

He was a freshman at Arizona in 2007.

The 2007 team was one crazy play away from being the consensus best team of all time.

And the sad thing is, Pats fans will never be able to recall that season without being reminded of that one single play. The 07' team has a stigma that will never go away.

Poor Pats :( Football can be a very unfair sport

1 point ahead ....

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-england-patriots-tom-brady-2007-undefeated-101115

It's a long season, and the Patriots are only a quarter of the way through it, but quarterback Tom Brady is on his Deflategate revenge tour and has the offense firing on all cylinders. In fact, the offense is playing so well that the Sunday's 30-6 win at Dallas helped the Patriots break a franchise record for most points scored through four games — previously held by the Pats' 2007 team.
The 2015 Patriots have scored 149 points in four games, edging the 2007 team's record by just one point. Brady and the offense are averaging 37.3 points per game, which is good for second in the league. If they keep up this pace, the 2015 Patriots and 2007 Patriots will be linked for weeks to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe