PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sports Illustrated cover shows blatant hold that wasn't called on Thomas' only catch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey look what's on the SI cover!?

CVKDYVvUYAIsvIU.jpg

A hold!?

Kiss of death SI cover watch him throw 5 picks on Sunday.:D

National media can't get enough Osweiller...
He's going to cost the Broncos a fortune to re-sign. If he plays like this (decent), he'd get $12-$15 million a year from some QB hungry team. Denver will have to allocate all of Peyton's money to Brock or lose him. They'll net no savings by letting Peyton walk, and they'll be putting a lot of eggs in this guy's basket. Timing is everything, and the hype is making this guy a lotta $$$.

The hands to the face one I normally wouldn't have that much of a problem because that's something that happens in the trenches but Vollmer got called for it in the game and then on the long pass to Martin, where Mason got flagged for a hold, Von Miller had a clear hands to the face on Brady.

I think the phantom holding call was against Tre Jackson, not Mason.

Yeah!!! Brock is amazing!!! Just like Tie-rod and Luck and all the other super amazing QBs who have yet to accomplish anything in the postseason.

The media is seriously desperate for some QB, anyone, to step up and be the next great. They thought they had one in Wilson but he hasn't looked that great without a running game. Rodgers has looked bad for weeks. Manning was garbage and then got hurt. Who's left? Roethlisberger, maybe?

He's going to cost the Broncos a fortune to re-sign. If he plays like this (decent), he'd get $12-$15 million a year from some QB hungry team. Denver will have to allocate all of Peyton's money to Brock or lose him. They'll net no savings by letting Peyton walk, and they'll be putting a lot of eggs in this guy's basket. Timing is everything, and the hype is making this guy a lotta $$$.

I am going to go out on a big limb here and say he won't be worth it.

I am going to go out on a big limb here and say he won't be worth it.
I'd be inclined to agree with you, but Elway has no choice but to give him what he wants. The desperation for good QBs turns GMs into fools.

Yeah!!! Brock is amazing!!! Just like Tie-rod and Luck and all the other super amazing QBs who have yet to accomplish anything in the postseason.

The media is seriously desperate for some QB, anyone, to step up and be the next great. They thought they had one in Wilson but he hasn't looked that great without a running game. Rodgers has looked bad for weeks. Manning was garbage and then got hurt. Who's left? Roethlisberger, maybe?

There can only be one GOAT.

the five td's he threw this week for my fantasy team says otherwise.

Channdler Jones gets mugged every game. He was held plenty vs Denver.

The screw job has begun. You knew Goodell would eventually come after the Pats after his butthurt healed up.

I noticed that immediately live. Here's a gif: (note the Broncos' center)

I noticed that immediately live. Here's a gif: (note the Broncos' center)

I said the same thing when I saw the beginning of that play but I was so numb from the fury of the rest of the game that it came as no surprise to me when it went uncalled.

I said the same thing when I saw the beginning of that play but I was so numb from the fury of the rest of the game that it came as no surprise to me when it went uncalled.

Yeah nobody is even bringing it up because it wasn't even a top 10 blown call.

They absolutely HAVE to call this hold if they're going to call the less obvious one on Tre Jackson that wiped out a 50 yard Brady pass.

Wonder if SI is intelligent enough to realize what they portrayed??

After much thought and deliberation, probably not.

So, there are three reasons why SI would go with that cover:

1) They know the Pats were ****ed and this is their way of rubbing it in.
2) They know the Pats were ****ed and this is their way of exposing it.
3) They are just too dumb to know what they were showing and just thought it was a nice picture.

My money's on 3).

They absolutely HAVE to call this hold if they're going to call the less obvious one on Tre Jackson that wiped out a 50 yard Brady pass.

That's the real problem with this game. Pats got called for stuff that Broncos also did blatantly and weren't called for it.

Holding on the Thomas catch, no call. Yet calls Jackson for a hold.
Illegal hands to the face called on Vollmer. None called on the blatant one on the TD or Von Miller on the play Jackson was called for holding.
If that was OPI on Gronk then it was OPI on Thomas in the end zone not holding. And if that was holding in the end zone, where was the holding call on the 1st TD run, Talib in OT and then Vernon Davis on the game winner.

Everyone associated with the NFL, including the press corps who need the league for their livelihood, know that Manning is done, Brees is on a crap team and is getting old, and Brady is on the last couple of years (they might be wrong about that last one, but it would be amazing if Brady can still be Brady more than a couple more years).

So they need to start hyping the hell out of hte next group - Luck, Wilson, Marriota, Winston, Newton, Ostweiller.

When Kevin Mchale retired, a reporter caught him as he was getting into a car and asked him if the NBA could survive now that he, and bird and Johnson and Jabbar and Worthy were all gone.

His answer: in 15 years, they'll all have new heroes and we will hardly be mentioned or remembered.

The NFL media needs the next Brady-Manning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back