Welcome to PatsFans.com

Sports Guy All-Brady mailbag

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PAPatsjunkie, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAPatsjunkie

PAPatsjunkie Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

As usual, the Sports guy is spot on when describing what Sunday felt like.

2. roman_maroney

roman_maroney Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

sports guy is a frontrunner, and the very reason people see NE sports fans in the light that they do. The season is not "gone in 8 seconds". Nobody cares about your self-loathing "why doesnt everyone love us?" mentality. Time to step up as a fan, not put your tail between your legs. When they make the playoff run, he will be right back on the bandwagon. He's not welcome.
  3. oldskool138

oldskool138 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

Hey, we were fans of a "meh" team back in the late-90's. We just need to bust out some old mixed tapes, reinstall Windows '98 and party like it's 1999...again!
  4. PAPatsjunkie

PAPatsjunkie Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

For the amount of time Simmons had been a Boston fan before they won anything, I dont see how you can call him a frontrunner. I doubt he is giving up on the season, he will still watch. For your star player to go down for the season in the blink of an eye, it's very jarring. Get off your high horse.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  5. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +426 / 5 / -1

From another question:

I assume Cassel is spending his free time waiting by the phone for Giselle to call him to come over for a sundae.
  6. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +426 / 5 / -1

BTW, rule of thumb is to never read anything on ESPN's Page 2. The Surgeon General has issued a warning that excessive exposure to Page 2 can cause brain damage and loss of bodily functions.
  7. Watson's IQ

Watson's IQ Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

I remember reading columns on the Patriots, Celtics, and Red Sox in good times as well as bad, so I don't really see how you can call him a front runner.

Plenty have their issues with his writing style or his reactionary nature, but I've never questions that he's slavishly devoted to the Pats. It's kind of refreshing in a typically hostile media environment.
  8. Eugene Chung

Eugene Chung Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think part of the problem is that he hit the scene just as Boston teams started to win again. That being said, I was a little alarmed by his pessimism in his article. He seemed to have that "woe is me" complex that can be a bit aggravating to read. The Pats aren't down, and they're certainly not out...

Pete Prisco's power rankings were way worse than the SG article, though.
  9. Watson's IQ

Watson's IQ Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

It's pretty tough to argue that they aren't down. Tom Brady to Matt Cassel, no matter how much we want to spin it, is down. Not out, I'm with you 100%
  10. dhamz

dhamz Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Yeah, that really sums up what it was like to be a Pats fan on Sunday. How does anyone take this DB seriously?
  11. Watson's IQ

Watson's IQ Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Considering he writes on Page 2, and it's pretty clear that 90% of the stuff he writes is tongue-in-cheek or satirical, anyone who is taking him "seriously" is probably the one with the problem.
  12. thechris

thechris Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Pretty funny article. Cheered me up a little bit.
  13. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Me too, except for the last email.

I don't like implications that Brady may never be the same again. He's not Carson Palmer.

And do we even know the full extent of his injury? We know it must be ACL because of the surgery/season ending stuff but do we know anything beyond that?
  14. cartmen

cartmen Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I love Bill but he did say its over when the Sox were down to the Indians and the C's were not going to beat the Lakers. He even said this is not reverse psych the Celts can't score with them. he can be kind of a front runner from time to time
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.