Spending machine Redskins at it again.. A Carter to sign wth them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Redskins | Team to sign A. Carter
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 14:05:39 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Washington Redskins are in the process of signing free agent DE/LB Andre Carter (49ers) to a six-year, approximately $30 million contract.

Just heard the same here on local DC tv.

Same old song, same old dance by the paper champs.

One of these years the Redskins just might buy a championship.

broadwayjoe said:
One of these years the Redskins just might buy a championship.
Broadwayjoe, a la George Steinbrenner, right? Oh, he hasn't lately, has he.

Probably the same year the Yankees do. ;)

Last edited:
Can somebody tell me what Carter did for the 9ers? Redskins are betting on potential over production.

give the guy some credit at least he`s trying to improve his team.
he`s not pocketing his money

The definition of dumb is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results each time.

Randle-El's 2005 stats: 35 receptions, 558 yds, 1 td
Carter's 2005 stats: 44 tackles, 6.5 sacks
Adam Archuleta's 2005 stats: 70 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 1 int

The key here is these three comprise the bulk of $120 million that Snyder has spent in the last 24 hours. That's where Snyder is throwing his money. He flew them in on his private jet, wined and dined them, bought them courtside tickets to the Wizards game.

Meanwhile, Danny Boy's revolving door let go of Marcus Washington who was 2nd on the team in sacks and tackles. Also - Arrington was the 8th leading tackler on the Skins (oh, and led the defense to a win over Tampa in the playoffs with a team high 9 tackles, 1 int, and 1 forced fumble).

Snyder collects talent, but does not allow the time for them to mold into a team.

Murphys95 said:
Meanwhile, Danny Boy's revolving door let go of Marcus Washington who was 2nd on the team in sacks and tackles. Also - Arrington was the 8th leading tackler on the Skins (oh, and led the defense to a win over Tampa in the playoffs with a team high 9 tackles, 1 int, and 1 forced fumble).

I missed that one! When did the skins release Washington? He's their #1 LB, and I'm afraid he's still with the team. Williams and Gibbs love the guy. Would love to see him in a Pats uni however.

ClevTrev said:
I missed that one! When did the skins release Washington? He's their #1 LB, and I'm afraid he's still with the team. Williams and Gibbs love the guy. Would love to see him in a Pats uni however.

I mucked that up, I was totally thinking of another player (Will Witherspoon/different team) while commenting about Arrington leaving, and inadvertantly added Washington to the discussion. Scratch that! :)

Murphys95 said:
I mucked that up, I was totally thinking of another player (Will Witherspoon/different team) while commenting about Arrington leaving, and inadvertantly added Washington to the discussion. Scratch that! :)

No worries! I'm checking out your Pats site. I'm a New Englander based in Herndon, VA, and it looks like you've connected a lot of Pats fans in this area. Good stuff!

This is what happens when all there is to talk about is other teams free agent signings. I mean, how many Redskins threads do we have going here! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News