PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sox win game 1!!!!!

patsfanofNC12

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
The Sox won game 1 of the ALDS. They shut out the Angels 4-0, and Josh Beckett pitched the complete game giving up four hits with eight strikeouts. Youk had a solo homer, and Papi had a 2 run shot.

great game. Beckett dominated. TBS crew was good. It was kind of wierd because there was not a lot of usless jibba jabba like you get with ESPN/FOX. I thought it was well done.

Beckett had some nasty sh!t tonight. :rocker:

In their last 11 postseason games the Angels have walked 9 times. In their last 5 postseason games a pitcher has thrown a complete game against them. For whatever reason an already undisciplined offense becomes even worse in the postseason.

Unless they drastically change their offensive game plan before Friday this team should eliminate two of Matsuzaka's biggest problems: high pitch counts and walks. He typically does better against a team the first time he faces them, and he has rebounded nicely pitching very well in his final 3 starts of the season. This could be a very nice match up for him.

The biggest story was easily the announcers. Not once did my wife ask me to mute the game!

At one point a guy said something and didn't quite know how to finish his sentence. Rather than start babbling he simply stopped talking. There were times that not a word was said between pitches (I could almost feel heads exploding at Fox).

I'm going to cry when Fox takes over, and my wife will start *****ing again. Why does Fox hate America?

Not sure who the announcers were, but i thought Ursillo was supposed to be one of them??? Very Good win...

a guy named Stone and some other older dude. they, IMO, were very good. They had that local feel without the homerism. I was pretty impressed and got to actually concentrate on the game rather than ***** about the terrible announcing. It was a great change.

Sure they were better than McCarver, but they were still pretty bad. Its one thing to be unbiased, its another thing to be completely uninformed.

Making note of the temporary seats on the green monster that the Red Sox put up for the playoffs. Stupid gaffs like complementing Becketts "fastball to strikeout ratio", or calling a groundball to Pedroia a double-play ball despite there being 2 outs. They went for what seemed like at bats at a time without saying a word, but whenever they did they frequently said something stupid.

Although not listening to Remy talk about his website/books/commercials/restaurant was very refreshing. As was not hearing Orsillo giggle every 10 minutes.

a guy named Stone and some other older dude. they, IMO, were very good. They had that local feel without the homerism. I was pretty impressed and got to actually concentrate on the game rather than ***** about the terrible announcing. It was a great change.
wow is amazing how people can watch the same thing and come away with totally diffrent opinions.i thought the tbs crew were as bad as a crew could get .the entire broadcast suc-ed.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back